- Rhode Island officials call on Congress to stop gun violence Updated: Oct-09-15 2:19 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island lawmakers, law enforcement officials and advocates are calling on Congress to act to stop gun violence.
- Senate OKs massive defense bill, sends measure to Obama Updated: Oct-07-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress on Wednesday sent President Barack Obama a sweeping $612 billion defense policy bill that he has threatened to veto over an ongoing battle between Democrats and Republicans about government spending.
- DOT to receive $1M in federal funds to fix Cranston bridge Updated: Sep-28-15 11:24 am
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - Rhode Island's transportation agency is getting $1 million in federal funds to repair a structurally deficient Cranston bridge.
- Local organization to invest $25M in RI communities Updated: Sep-21-15 1:09 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island chapter of a national organization that invests in local communities is celebrating its 25th anniversary by investing $25 million in the Ocean State.
- Training program for low-income young adults receives grant Updated: Sep-20-15 10:07 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A program that provides academic and job training for low-income young adults has received $1.1 million in federal funding.