- General says troop cuts constrain Afghan training mission Updated: Feb-04-16 6:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The ability to train and advise the still green Afghan security forces will be constrained if the U.S. troop level is cut to 5,500 as President Barack Obama has proposed, the senior American commander in Afghanistan said on Thursday.
- Army nominee says he doesn't support demoting Gen. Petraeus Updated: Jan-21-16 2:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration's nominee to be the Army's top civilian official said Thursday he doesn't support demoting retired Gen. David Petraeus and believes that no further action should be taken against the former CIA director.
- Senator says the US is losing the messaging campaign in Iraq Updated: Jan-14-16 4:43 pm
WASHINGTON - In Iraq, the United States is pounding the Islamic State with air strikes but losing the airwaves.
- GOP, Dems use cheers, boos to express their politics Updated: Jan-12-16 10:56 pm
WASHINGTON - In a polarized Washington, President Barack Obama's last State of the Union address drew sharply different partisan reactions, with a few exceptions.
- The Latest: Obama takes 'one more look at this thing' Updated: Jan-12-16 10:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on President Barack Obama's last State of the Union address. All times EST: