- Superdelegates choose between Sanders and Clinton in Oregon Updated: May-19-16 6:45 pm
SALEM, Oregon - After Bernie Sanders won Oregon's Democratic primary this week, two superdelegates announced they'll back the Vermont senator and one declared support for Hillary Clinton, amid increased discomfort with a system viewed as undemocratic, even among some of the superdelegates themselves.
- Oregon college awarded grant for recovery from mass shooting Updated: May-17-16 4:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Umpqua Community College will receive nearly $530,000 in federal money to help it recover from a mass shooting on campus last fall.
- How Oregon's primary works - things to know Updated: May-15-16 11:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Voter turnout is usually tepid during primary season compared to the November general election. But this year's wild presidential election has generated a surge of interest in the primaries, largely because of the unexpected popularity of Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders.
- US senators want air pollution reduced at ports, railyards Updated: May-11-16 1:05 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A group of U.S. senators, all Democrats, are asking federal regulators to do more to cut air pollution around port cities and railyards.
- Forest Service plan would thwart Kalmiopsis nickel mine Updated: May-05-16 10:15 am
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - A plan to exclude mineral development on about 100,000 acres of federal land, to thwart a proposed nickel mine near the Kalmiopsis Wilderness, is nearing fruition.