- Bernie Sanders making campaign swing through Massachusetts Updated: Oct-03-15 10:22 am
BOSTON - Bernie Sanders is making a campaign swing through Massachusetts.
- Trump not coming to Hispanic Chamber of Commerce event Updated: Oct-02-15 3:51 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Donald Trump won't be doing a question-and-answer session with the U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce in Washington next week.
- Again? Health care debate expands for 2016 Updated: Oct-02-15 12:06 pm
WASHINGTON - America's health care debate has been called an unhealthy political obsession. But if the 2016 presidential hopefuls have any say, it's about to get bigger.
- Disdainful of fundraising, Sanders raises big sums for 2016 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:01 am
WASHINGTON - For someone who rails almost daily against big money in politics, Bernie Sanders has suddenly become pretty good at getting it.
- Rolling past his deadline, Biden still steeped in indecision Updated: Oct-02-15 3:51 am
WASHINGTON - Long past the time Joe Biden hoped to announce his plans for 2016, the vice president is still steeped in indecision, breeding uncertainty among Democrats eagerly looking for clues to whether he'll run for president.
- Sanders pulls in nearly as much cash this quarter as Clinton Updated: Oct-01-15 9:01 am
WASHINGTON - Bernie Sanders is offering Hillary Rodham Clinton an unexpected challenge in the race for primary campaign money this quarter as he collected nearly as much money from small donations as the Democratic front-runner has from big-dollar donors.
- Clinton seeking to organize Latino voters ahead of primaries Updated: Oct-01-15 3:51 am
NEW YORK - Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign is planning a major push to organize Latino voters ahead of the Nevada caucuses and early primary contests in Texas, Florida and Colorado, all with an eye toward connecting with Hispanics in the 2016 election.
- Carson raising millions to become '16 fundraising juggernaut Updated: Oct-01-15 3:45 am
RANDLEMAN, North Carolina - She had never before given more than a few hundred dollars to a politician. But two weeks ago, Jacquelyn Monroe, a single mother who plays the piano for a living, decided to raise $100,000 for Ben Carson.
- Walker sees lowest approval rating ever after exiting race Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating reached the lowest of his time in office after he exited the presidential race last week, a new poll released Wednesday showed.
- In New Hampshire, substance abuse at center of 2016 campaign Updated: Sep-30-15 3:29 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - In town halls and meet-and-greets in Iowa and New Hampshire, voters are using their access to presidential hopefuls to raise painful and often deeply personal concerns about drug abuse.
- Clinton, Bush steady fundraising amid GOP summer Trump slump Updated: Sep-30-15 7:28 am
WASHINGTON - Voters won't cast their first ballots in the presidential race until February, but donors have been making their picks for months.
- CNN: Biden can be a game-day decision for debate Updated: Sep-28-15 10:00 am
NEW YORK - CNN says it will allow Vice President Joe Biden to participate in the first Democratic presidential primary debate even if he decides that day to be a candidate.
- No Labels event in NH to draw 8 presidential hopefuls Updated: Sep-28-15 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Businessman Donald Trump, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Ohio Gov. John Kasich will headline a bipartisan presidential forum in New Hampshire next month aimed at addressing the nation's most urgent problems.
- Leahy, Sanders, Shaheen push to end Cadillac health tax Updated: Sep-28-15 3:35 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's two U.S. senators and one from New Hampshire are among the co-sponsors of legislation to repeal a tax on certain health care plans.
- Clinton, Sanders planning separate visits to Massachusetts Updated: Sep-26-15 11:31 am
BOSTON - The two top Democratic candidates for president are planning to visit Massachusetts this coming week.
- Biden hailed by gay rights group, but Clinton has head start Updated: Sep-25-15 6:10 am
WASHINGTON - Not yet a presidential candidate, Vice President Joe Biden will have a prime perch to appeal to LGBT voters when he headlines a glitzy national gala. Yet it may be too late to win over influential gay Democrats already committed to Hillary Rodham Clinton should he join the 2016 Democratic contest.
- Fury over drug price spikes rising, but increases aren't new Updated: Sep-23-15 6:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Hillary Clinton was among the patients and politicians who voiced outrage this week after it became public that the price of a 62-year-old drug used to treat a life-threatening infection had been raised by more than 5,000 percent.
- Clinton plan to reduce drug costs gets shrugs from industry Updated: Sep-22-15 7:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's plan to rein in prescription drug prices by reshaping how drugmakers do business is being met by skepticism within the industry.
- Clinton opposes construction of Keystone XL pipeline Updated: Sep-22-15 5:48 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Tuesday she opposes construction of the Keystone XL pipeline, breaking her longstanding silence over the construction of a project assailed by environmentalists as a threat to the planet's climate.
- Pfizer says it could be leader in cancer with many new drugs Updated: Sep-22-15 4:51 pm
Drug giant Pfizer is starting 20 clinical trials this year and more soon after on treatments to conquer cancer as it also seeks to gain leadership in one of the hottest, and most lucrative, areas of medicine.
- Clinton seeking to curb rising costs of prescription drugs Updated: Sep-22-15 12:00 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton is laying out a new plan to rein in the rising cost of prescription drugs, moving to build upon President Barack Obama's health care law.
- Biotech stocks fall on Clinton vow to fight 'price gouging' Updated: Sep-21-15 7:01 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Stocks of makers of biologic and "specialty" drugs plunged Monday after Democratic presidential frontrunner Hillary Clinton said she'll soon release a plan to address "price gouging" in the industry.
- Trump's advice to teens: Follow your heart, do what you love Updated: Sep-20-15 12:44 am
URBANDALE, Iowa - Donald Trump's advice for high school students in suburban Des Moines, Iowa, is uncharacteristically wholesome: Avoid alcohol and drugs as well as cigarettes.
- AP Interview: Black Lives Matter skipping 2016 endorsement Updated: Sep-19-15 8:04 am
WASHINGTON - The Black Lives Matter network will skip a presidential endorsement but keep up its political activism by confronting candidates about the treatment of African-Americans in the United States, one of the group's founders says.
- Presidential hopeful Sanders wins warm 'Late Show' welcome Updated: Sep-19-15 7:15 am
NEW YORK - Bernie Sanders brought a "Feel the Bern" coffee cup for Stephen Colbert along with his message of lifting the middle class, and in return received a rock star's welcome from the studio audience as a guest on CBS' "The Late Show" Friday.