- Where's death penalty in push for criminal justice overhaul? Updated: Nov-26-15 12:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Even as President Barack Obama tries to make a hard case for overhauling sentences, rehabilitating prisoners and confronting racial bias in policing, he has been less clear about the death penalty.
- Protesters to target Chicago shopping area on Black Friday Updated: Nov-25-15 11:16 pm
CHICAGO - Small groups of demonstrators gathered throughout the day Wednesday to protest the death of a black teen shot 16 times by a white police officer, and they urged supporters to join them in trying to shut down Chicago's famous Michigan Avenue shopping district during the Black Friday shopping bonanza.
- Bill Clinton opening fundraising spree for wife's campaign Updated: Nov-25-15 2:49 pm
WASHINGTON - Former President Bill Clinton is going on a fundraising swing reminiscent of his presidential campaigns of the 1990s. But this time he's doing it for his wife.
- Sanders outlines plan to overhaul immigration laws Updated: Nov-24-15 5:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders vowed Tuesday to create a "humane" immigration system and said if elected he would expand upon President Barack Obama's executive actions within the first 100 days of assuming the presidency.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- Panel to decide Trump, Sanders, Cruz, primary eligibility Updated: Nov-24-15 4:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Ballot Law Commission is preparing to decide whether Democrat Bernie Sanders and Republicans Donald Trump and Ted Cruz are eligible for the state's presidential primary ballot.
- $160B deal to combine Pfizer and Allergan raises outcry Updated: Nov-23-15 4:57 pm
A $160 billion deal announced Monday to merge Pfizer and Allergan and create the world's biggest drug company renewed the outcry in Washington over "inversions," in which U.S. corporations combine with companies overseas to lower their tax bill.
- Clinton, Sanders oppose Pfizer-Allergan deal Updated: Nov-23-15 2:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders are bashing plans by Pfizer and Allergan to join together in a $160 billion deal that will create the world's largest drugmaker.
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Nov-21-15 10:38 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- Democratic hopefuls participate in North Charleston rally Updated: Nov-21-15 7:01 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - All three Democratic presidential candidates are in North Charleston this weekend for a rally being put on by the state party.
- Sanders appears at town hall meeting hosted by Sen. Kimpson Updated: Nov-20-15 4:02 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is returning to South Carolina for a town hall with one of the state's legislators.
- Bush and Clinton seek to grab leadership mantle after Paris Updated: Nov-20-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - In a presidential campaign that has suddenly shifted in focus to terrorism and security, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Jeb Bush both see opportunities to cast themselves as best prepared to be commander in chief in tumultuous times.
- Largest New Hampshire public employee union backs Sanders Updated: Nov-19-15 5:18 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's largest public employee labor union is backing Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders in the Democratic presidential primary, bucking its national affiliate's endorsement of Hillary Clinton.
- Sanders: 'Democratic socialism' means security, freedom Updated: Nov-19-15 4:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders said Thursday that economic security is essential to Americans achieving true freedom, a central tenant in his political philosophy of "democratic socialism."
- O'Malley holding fundraiser in Arkansas in December Updated: Nov-19-15 11:59 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Democratic presidential hopeful Martin O'Malley is holding a fundraiser in Arkansas next month, visiting rival Hillary Rodham Clinton's adopted home turf.
- Clinton, Sanders to address strategy to fight Islamic State Updated: Nov-19-15 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and Bernie Sanders are outlining the steps on Thursday they would take to combat the Islamic State group, each making major speeches less than a week after the deadly attacks in Paris.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Nov-18-15 6:26 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- 17 candidates on Michigan's presidential primary list Updated: Nov-18-15 5:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Fourteen Republicans and three Democrats are on Michigan's list of presidential candidates for the March 8 primary election.
- Indiana unlikely to pick nominee, still draws candidates Updated: Nov-15-15 10:43 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana is unlikely to have a king-making role in the 2016 presidential primaries like it did in 2008 when President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton sought the Democratic nomination. But that doesn't mean candidates are ignoring the state.
- Arkansas' superdelegates plan to back Clinton next year Updated: Nov-13-15 3:44 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Hillary Rodham Clinton can once again count on her adopted home turf of Arkansas for support in her White House bid next year, with all of the state's Democratic superdelegates saying they plan to support her.
- AP: Illinois Democratic superdelegates lining up for Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 2:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention next summer appear to be lining up behind Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- Clinton earning superdelegate support in New Jersey Updated: Nov-13-15 2:28 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Hillary Clinton has more support from New Jersey's superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention than any other party candidate for president.
- AP survey: Most Michigan superdelegates back Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 1:02 pm
DETROIT - Most of Michigan's superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention are backing Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Sanders behind among Democratic insiders in home state Updated: Nov-13-15 12:39 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Bernie Sanders does not appear to be winning favorite son status among Democratic insiders in his home state.