- The Latest: Sanders says party needs huge voter turnout Updated: Aug-28-15 4:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Here are the latest developments Friday from the Democratic National Committee meeting in Minneapolis, where four Democratic presidential candidates are addressing the party.
- Democratic Party lags in money before presidential year Updated: Aug-27-15 6:14 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Democratic National Committee barely has more cash than it does IOUs, and it is being outraised month after month by its Republican competitor.
- Warren, coy on whether to seek re-election, stockpiles cash Updated: Aug-27-15 2:08 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is stockpiling campaign cash from liberal supporters across the country even though she hasn't committed to a 2018 re-election bid.
- A look at where Senate Democrats stand on the Iran deal Updated: Aug-25-15 2:14 pm
Congress will vote next month on a resolution to disapprove of the White House-backed nuclear deal struck with Iran by the U.S., Russia, China, Britain, France and Germany. The deal aims to dismantle Iran's nuclear capabilities in exchange for billions in international sanctions relief.
- Bernie Sanders to campaign in North Country Updated: Aug-23-15 8:14 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, the progressive firebrand who is riling up Democratic crowds across the country, is heading back to New Hampshire for a two-day campaign swing.
- Johnson part of new, disruptive generation of activists Updated: Aug-22-15 6:19 am
SEATTLE - In 2013, Marissa Johnson graduated cum laude from Seattle Pacific University. She had taken a lot of theology classes, which deepened her faith.
- Jeb Bush first to file for Vermont presidential primary Updated: Aug-21-15 4:10 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is the first presidential candidate to file petitions to get on the ballot for the Vermont presidential primary set for March 1.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- Clinton calls for tripling AmeriCorps civil service program Updated: Aug-20-15 12:16 pm
ATLANTA - As part of her promise to address rising college costs, Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is calling to expand the AmeriCorps service program launched under her husband's administration.
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Aug-20-15 10:56 am
St. Cloud Times, Aug. 19
- Labor unions facing tricky choice in Democratic primaries Updated: Aug-19-15 6:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - The choice facing labor unions in the Democratic presidential race boils down to hearts or heads - Bernie Sanders, who embraces their forceful opposition to a big trade deal, or Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is a strong favorite for the nomination.
- Democrat Martin O'Malley campaigns outside Trump hotel Updated: Aug-19-15 5:49 pm
LAS VEGAS - Donald Trump isn't in Las Vegas this week but the attention-getting Republican presidential candidate's gleaming hotel tower is and Democratic challenger Martin O' Malley paid a visit to make a point about labor unions.
- Ex-South Carolina governor Hodges endorses Hillary Clinton Updated: Aug-19-15 4:49 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former South Carolina Gov. Jim Hodges officially backed Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign Wednesday, saying the former secretary of state is to be commended for going from an adversary of Barack Obama in 2008 to an ardent supporter.
- Clinton seeks distance from Obama on climate change issues Updated: Aug-19-15 3:08 am
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Hillary Rodham Clinton is voicing opposition to President Barack Obama's authorization for oil drilling in the Alaska Arctic and his delays on Keystone XL, in some of the clearest signs of the Democratic front-runner distancing herself from the president.
- Sanders tells 4,000 at UNR his 'revolution' has momentum Updated: Aug-19-15 3:06 am
RENO, Nevada - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders told an enthusiastic crowd at the University of Nevada Tuesday night his call for political revolution is gaining momentum, but he'll need their help to overcome his opponents' huge fundraising advantages.
- Clinton endorsed by 2 ex-South Carolina governors Updated: Aug-18-15 5:40 pm
ATLANTA - Hillary Rodham Clinton is getting endorsements from two former Democratic governors in the early-voting state of South Carolina, including one who helped lead President Barack Obama's first campaign.
- Clinton joins Sanders, O'Malley in AFL-CIO convention lineup Updated: Aug-15-15 6:03 pm
LAS VEGAS - Hillary Clinton returns to Nevada on Tuesday for a North Las Vegas town hall before joining other Democratic presidential hopefuls Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and former Maryland governor Martin O'Malley in speaking at the Nevada AFL-CIO Constitutional Convention in Las Vegas.
- Democrat Bernie Sanders to visit Vegas, Reno next week Updated: Aug-14-15 8:34 pm
LAS VEGAS - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is coming to Nevada next week.
- Jesse Ventura roots for Trump, open to being running mate Updated: Aug-13-15 10:19 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura says he hopes Donald Trump wins the Republican nomination for president - and that he would be open to running as his vice president.
- Hillary Clinton to make presidential campaign stop in Maine Updated: Aug-12-15 2:40 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton is planning to swing through Maine next month.
- Correction: Bernie Sanders-California story Updated: Aug-11-15 1:40 pm
LOS ANGELES - In a story Aug. 10-11 about Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders, The Associated Press reported erroneously that members of the activist group Black Lives Matter opened his campaign rally in Los Angeles. It was a member of Sanders' campaign who spoke in support of the group.
- Harvard professor to 'hack' politics with White House run Updated: Aug-11-15 9:26 am
WASHINGTON - A Harvard law professor wants to "hack" the political system by running for president.
- CBS News to overhaul 2016 convention coverage Updated: Aug-10-15 5:25 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - CBS News will overhaul its coverage of the 2016 Democratic and Republican conventions to emphasize participants "on the ground" rather than chatter in the network's skybox, CBS News President David Rhodes said.
- Clinton to propose $350 billion college affordability plan Updated: Aug-10-15 12:16 am
WASHINGTON - Calling for a "new college compact," Hillary Rodham Clinton on Monday will unveil a $350 billion plan aimed at making college more affordable and reducing the crushing burden of student debt.
- Social Security at 80: Modest changes could save program Updated: Aug-09-15 8:03 am
WASHINGTON - As Social Security approaches its 80th birthday Friday, the federal government's largest benefit program stands at a pivotal point in its history.