- Congress sends NSA phone-records bill to president Updated: Jun-02-15 9:17 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress approved sweeping changes Tuesday to surveillance laws enacted after the Sept. 11 attacks, eliminating the National Security Agency's disputed bulk phone-records collection program and replacing it with a more restrictive measure to keep the records in phone companies' hands.
- Donation little hindrance to Stephanopoulos interviews Updated: Jun-02-15 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Newly declared Republican presidential candidate Lindsey Graham's interview with George Stephanopoulos on "Good Morning America" Tuesday is the latest sign that the ABC anchor's donations to the Clinton Foundation seem not to have impeded his coverage of the upcoming presidential elections.
- Sanders calls for candidate debates this summer Updated: May-31-15 2:01 pm
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont U.S. Sen Bernie Sanders is calling for early presidential candidate debates - possibly this summer - to flesh out opinions and stimulate voter interest.
- Bernie Sanders posts video on campaign website's error page Updated: May-29-15 9:01 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders is one of a few candidates customizing an error page on their campaign websites.
- Sanders wants Clinton to take stand on trade deal Updated: May-27-15 5:03 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Sen. Bernie Sanders is questioning why Democratic presidential rival Hillary Rodman Clinton won't take a stand on the emerging trade deal with Pacific nations, which he calls "enormously important issue" she's been dodging.
- Sanders to kick off campaign in Burlington's Waterfront Park Updated: May-24-15 10:07 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Senator Bernie Sanders returns to the Lake Champlain waterfront - where he led rebuilding efforts as mayor of Burlington - to kick off his campaign for president.
- Shumlin endorses Clinton for president over Sanders Updated: May-20-15 6:58 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont House Speaker Shap Smith says he expects to join Gov. Peter Shumlin in endorsing Hillary Clinton for president over Sen. Bernie Sanders.
- TRAIL TRANSLATOR: They're all talking 'income inequality' Updated: May-12-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Of all the buzzwords and phrases popping up early in the presidential campaign, "income inequality" must be close to the top of the list. And it's not just Democrats insisting that the nation must deal with it firmly and fast.
- Senate adopts GOP budget targeting 'Obamacare' Updated: May-05-15 8:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Tuesday adopted a GOP budget that paves the way for an assault on President Barack Obama's health care law this summer and a partisan showdown over spending bills this fall.
- Bernie or Bearnie? Presidential hopeful poses with bear Updated: May-05-15 3:25 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Maybe he should consider changing his name to Bearnie.