- Sanders returns to Minnesota with liberal rallying cry Updated: Jul-02-15 1:58 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders rallied supporters Thursday with a call to band together in order to fix a "rigged economy."
- In Wisconsin, Sanders appeals to like-minded liberals Updated: Jul-01-15 10:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders touted his progressive credentials before his largest crowd to date Wednesday night as he pushed his campaign into Wisconsin Republican Gov. Scott Walker's backyard.
- Sanders attracts 10,000 boisterous supporters in Madison Updated: Jul-01-15 9:02 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders attracted about 10,000 boisterous supporters at a rally in Madison to show that his bid to snatch the Democratic nomination from front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton isn't a longshot after all.
- Obama's Wisconsin visit comes as Walker prepares campaign Updated: Jun-30-15 9:27 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - President Barack Obama is bringing his push to raise salaries for low-income workers to Wisconsin, where Gov. Scott Walker angered set off a firestorm and built his expected run for the White House around curtailing collective bargaining powers and enacting a right-to-work law.
- Boosting overtime: Obama calls for broader coverage Updated: Jun-30-15 12:38 pm
WASHINGTON - They're called managers, and they sometimes work grueling schedules at fast food chains and retail stores. But with no overtime eligibility, their pay may be lower per hour than many workers they supervise.
- Vermont teachers' union endorses Sanders for president Updated: Jun-25-15 4:06 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The Vermont chapter of the National Education Association teachers' union has endorsed Bernie Sanders for president.
- Clinton takes a 'just enough' strategy to fundraising Updated: Jun-24-15 12:52 pm
ST. LOUIS - The stars are out to raise money for Hillary Rodham Clinton: Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett at the Plaza Hotel, Jon Bon Jovi at home in Jersey. So, too, are the Democratic Party's wealthiest donors, from a Facebook co-founder to the heiress of a brewing fortune.
- Clinton to miss convention of liberal activists, bloggers Updated: Jun-24-15 11:51 am
ST. LOUIS - Hillary Rodham Clinton is not expected to appear at Netroots Nation, an annual convention of liberal activists and bloggers who are often courted by Democratic presidential candidates.
- Leahy, Sanders, both vote against trade pact authority Updated: Jun-23-15 12:31 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Both of Vermont's U.S. senators have voted no in a losing effort to block President Barack Obama's push for a new trade deal with 12 Asian nations.
- Sanders delivers condemnation of business Updated: Jun-21-15 10:30 am
DENVER - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders ignited Colorado supporters with a blistering condemnation of billionaires and corporations, drawing a crowd of nearly 5,000 to Denver on Saturday to support his presidential campaign.
- Presidential candidate Bernie Sanders comes to Nevada Updated: Jun-19-15 5:01 pm
LAS VEGAS - Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders brought his long-shot campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination to Las Vegas on Friday, echoing front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton as he called for an expansion of President Obama's executive actions to shield some immigrants from deportation.
- Clinton says US must face 'hard truths' about guns, race Updated: Jun-19-15 3:20 am
LAS VEGAS - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Thursday the country has to face "hard truths" about guns and race in the wake of a shooting at a historically black church in South Carolina that left nine dead.
- Clinton criticizes predatory lenders during veterans forum Updated: Jun-18-15 8:57 pm
RENO, Nevada - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday vowed to protect veterans from aggressive for-profit colleges and predatory lenders while preserving the dominance of the U.S. military.
- Trump switching playlist, dropping Neil Young song Updated: Jun-17-15 5:42 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump has decided to find another campaign song.
- Presidential candidates, surrogates hit Nevada in busy week Updated: Jun-17-15 3:58 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A busy week in Nevada politics ramped up Wednesday with visits from Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson and the son of Republican White House hopeful Jeb Bush.
- Neil Young calls out Trump for 'Rockin' In The Free World' Updated: Jun-16-15 9:02 pm
NEW YORK - It didn't take long for Donald Trump to hit the first bump of what's sure to be a long road to reach the White House.
- Hillary Clinton will visit northern Nevada after Vegas stop Updated: Jun-15-15 11:39 am
LAS VEGAS - Hillary Rodham Clinton will head to northern Nevada after addressing Latino leaders at a Las Vegas conference on Thursday.
- Clinton: Obama should use trade fight to his advantage Updated: Jun-15-15 12:02 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Sunday that President Barack Obama should use a setback in Congress to seek the best possible trade agreement with 11 other Pacific Rim nations, pointing to the stumbles over the pact as an opportunity to address Democrats' concerns about job protections and wages.
- Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders coming to Las Vegas Updated: Jun-11-15 3:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic presidential candidate and Sen. Bernie Sanders is joining the growing list of White House hopefuls coming to a Las Vegas conference next week.
- Hillary Clinton making fundraising stop in Rhode Island Updated: Jun-10-15 8:04 am
EAST GREENWICH, Rhode Island - Hillary Rodham Clinton is making a stop in Rhode Island to raise money for her Democratic bid for president.
- Clinton, Democrats meeting labor leaders on 2016 bids Updated: Jun-09-15 12:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her Democratic presidential rivals are holding private meetings with labor leaders in hopes of landing union endorsements that would bring organizational muscle and money to their 2016 campaigns.
- Connecticut Gov. Malloy endorses Clinton for president Updated: Jun-07-15 3:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Sunday endorsed Hillary Rodham Clinton for president, saying she has the best experience to lead the country.
- Vermont Electric Co-op gets $2.1M from FEMA for storm fixes Updated: Jun-06-15 10:02 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Electric Cooperative is getting a $2.1 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to help pay for cleanup and repairs following severe weather last December.