- B.B. King recalled with love, humor at Mississippi funeral Updated: May-30-15 6:31 pm
INDIANOLA, Mississippi - B.B. King's early life personified the blues: He was born to dirt-poor sharecroppers in the cotton country of the Mississippi Delta and left alone by the deaths of his mother and grandmother when he was a child. But he never let those circumstances hold him back or define him, a minister said Saturday at the funeral of the blues legend.
- B.B. King business aides offer thanks for condolences Updated: May-15-15 7:44 pm
LAS VEGAS - A lawyer for B.B. King who fended off a guardianship effort by some of the legendary musician's 11 surviving adult children released statements Friday defending two of King's personal business associates, including an aide who was with the 89-year-old "King of the Blues" when he died.
- 'King of the Blues' B.B. King dead at 89 at home in Vegas Updated: May-15-15 1:30 pm
LAS VEGAS - B.B. King, whose scorching guitar licks and heartfelt vocals made him the idol of generations of musicians and fans while earning him the nickname King of the Blues, died late Thursday at home in Las Vegas. He was 89.
- 'Blues can never die': B.B. King reigned but music lives on Updated: May-15-15 12:18 pm
LAS VEGAS - B.B. King believed anyone could play the blues, and that "as long as people have problems, the blues can never die."
- Buddy Guy: King 'greatest guitar player that ever lived' Updated: May-15-15 12:11 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago blues musician Buddy Guy says he hopes all guitar players remember B.B. King as "the greatest guitar player that ever lived."
- B.B. King's family loses bid for control of his affairs Updated: May-08-15 1:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - Blues legend B.B. King - his health failing at age 89 - is in the middle of a tug of war between some of his children and his longtime manager.