- Cuomo: I'm staying out of federal probe of economic plan Updated: Oct-07-15 4:36 pm
ALBANY, New York - Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Wednesday that neither he nor his staff have been questioned or subpoenaed as part of a federal probe into his signature economic development project, the Buffalo Billion.
- The Latest: Prosecutor: Ex-UN official implicated himself Updated: Oct-06-15 8:05 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on allegations that former United Nations General Assembly President Josh Ashe accepted bribes to help a Chinese real estate mogul and other businesspeople gain investments and government contracts (all times local):
- Supreme Court declines to review insider trading case Updated: Oct-05-15 6:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court said Monday it won't hear the Obama administration's appeal of a lower court ruling that made it tougher to prosecute people for trading on leaked inside information.
- US attorney appears to focus on political favors in New York Updated: Oct-03-15 11:09 am
ALBANY, New York - With a widening probe of New York state government, U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara appears to be taking aim at the nebulous relationship between money and politics itself - a long and murky association in Albany and in capitals across the nation.
- GM will pay $900 million over ignition switch scandal Updated: Sep-17-15 11:10 pm
NEW YORK - General Motors agreed to pay $900 million to fend off criminal prosecution over the deadly ignition-switch scandal, striking a deal that brought criticism down on the Justice Department for not bringing charges against individual employees.
- Feds crack down on synthetic pot ring; 10 men charged Updated: Sep-16-15 5:23 pm
NEW YORK - Ten men were charged on Wednesday with conspiring to manufacture synthetic marijuana laced with dangerous chemicals and distributed to retailers throughout New York City's five boroughs, fueling a public health crisis that's national in scope.