- As Man U aura fades, Mourinho can make club box office again Updated: May-24-16 11:39 am
LONDON - The stability Alex Ferguson fostered over more than 26 years at Old Trafford has eroded in the three years since his retirement. Manchester United often seems like just any other team, shorn of its aura of superiority and orderly calm while churning through managers.
- Man United fires Van Gaal, expected to appoint Mourinho soon Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Replacing Alex Ferguson is proving harder than Manchester United could ever have imagined.
- The Latest: United says Van Gaal's legacy is promoting youth Updated: May-23-16 4:29 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on Manchester United (all times local):
- Van Gaal's legacy: Big spending, dull games, accent on youth Updated: May-23-16 4:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - So, after $375 million in transfers, two seasons of often mind-numbing soccer, one trophy and countless references to his "process" and "philosophy," Louis van Gaal is no longer manager of Manchester United. The English Premier League club announced his departure on Monday evening.
- Uncertainty faces Van Gaal despite ending Man United drought Updated: May-21-16 6:14 pm
LONDON - Louis van Gaal had little time to savor delivering Manchester United's first trophy since the Alex Ferguson dynasty ended three years ago.
- United beats Bournemouth 3-1, finishes 5th in EPL Updated: May-17-16 6:26 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's absence from the Champions League for the second time in three years was confirmed on Tuesday after a 3-1 win over Bournemouth in an English Premier League game hastily rearranged because of a bomb scare.
- The Latest: Mayor demands inquiry after security 'fiasco' Updated: May-15-16 7:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - The Latest on the evacuation of Manchester United's stadium after a suspicious package was found (all times local):
- Methodology behind Leicester: Ranieri's winning blueprint Updated: May-04-16 1:28 am
LEICESTER, England - Claudio Ranieri is still struggling to comprehend how he managed to transform Leicester from 5,000-1 outsiders to Premier League champions.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.