- Senators air rights concerns about India ahead of PM's visit Updated: May-24-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - U.S. lawmakers said Tuesday they are encouraged by growing defense cooperation with India but remain concerned about religious intolerance and slavery in the South Asian nation ahead of a visit by its prime minister.
- Haslam still unready to support Trump until after meeting Updated: May-13-16 8:45 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam still isn't ready yet to throw his support behind presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.
- Ramsey, key force in Tennessee GOP boom, takes victory lap Updated: May-13-16 8:19 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey, a driving force in the Republican boom in Tennessee, is taking a final victory lap before retiring from politics.
- State targets Republicans in spending for Facebook ads Updated: May-04-16 4:51 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The state's economic development agency has spent more than $18,000 on Facebook ads aimed at supporters of Tennessee's top Republican officials, and none on Democrats.
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.
- Trump struggles to explain 'America first' foreign policy Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump strained to lay out a clear vision of his "America first" foreign policy on Wednesday, vowing to substitute hard-headed realism for what he called a post-Cold War era replete with U.S. national security failures.