- GOP head calls 2-term councilor 'career politician' Updated: Oct-08-15 4:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's Republican Party chairwoman is calling Democratic gubernatorial hopeful Colin Van Ostern a "career politician with few real life accomplishments."
- Hassan's political philosophy shaped by advocacy for son Updated: Oct-06-15 3:16 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democrat Maggie Hassan's career in public service began as a fight to ensure her son Ben, who has cerebral palsy, could participate fully in society. It led to a run for state Senate, then for governor and now, for U.S. Senate against Republican incumbent Kelly Ayotte.
- New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan to run for US Senate Updated: Oct-05-15 5:37 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan announced Monday she would challenge Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte, setting the stage for a highly competitive race that will be critical in determining majority control of the Senate in the next president's first year.
- New Hampshire reviews protection agency after child's death Updated: Oct-02-15 2:38 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state of New Hampshire will perform an independent review of its child protective services agency after the death of a Manchester toddler.
- New Hampshire's Ayotte plays foil to Ted Cruz Updated: Sep-30-15 11:14 am
WASHINGTON - New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte is boldly taking on a role most of her fellow Republicans have been unwilling to bear: public foil to Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz.
- State to hand out free Narcan to prevent overdose deaths Updated: Sep-29-15 3:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Thirteen health centers across the state can now hand out free kits of the opioid overdose reversal drug naloxone as part of a statewide effort to combat an escalating drug abuse problem, state officials said Tuesday.
- Substance abuse crisis could shape Medicaid expansion debate Updated: Sep-22-15 7:33 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - As lawmakers prepare for next year's political battle over Medicaid expansion, supporters said the state's ability to tackle a growing drug abuse problem will be dramatically reduced if the program comes to an end.
- Budget deal a sigh of relief for state agencies, programs Updated: Sep-19-15 9:48 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Legislative leaders and Gov. Maggie Hassan may be cheering the newly minted state budget deal as a show of compromise that makes New Hampshire different from Washington, D.C.
- Gov. Hassan to endorse Hilary Clinton for president Updated: Sep-17-15 4:06 pm
DURHAM, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is supporting Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- Nation's drug 'czar' visiting New Hampshire Updated: Sep-14-15 12:38 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - The nation's drug "czar" is in New Hampshire to discuss the state's heroin and opioid crisis.
- Youth substance-abuse prevention programs getting $1.25M Updated: Sep-09-15 10:03 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire is getting $1.25 million in federal funding for youth substance abuse prevention programs.