- GOP's Ayotte to kick off re-election campaign for US Senate Updated: Jun-30-15 3:38 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Kelly Ayotte is officially entering campaign mode in her quest to keep her U.S. Senate seat.
- Supreme Court power plant ruling panned in New England Updated: Jun-29-15 6:20 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A U.S. Supreme Court decision against a federal crackdown on emissions from coal-fired power plants got bad reviews Monday in New England, where westerly winds sweep in pollution from many out-of-state plants.
- GOP Sen. Kelly Ayotte to kick off re-election campaign Updated: Jun-28-15 11:14 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte is officially kicking off her re-election campaign this week.
- Hassan vetoes bill on parental notice of sexual topics Updated: Jun-26-15 3:25 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan says a bill that would require schools to give parents two weeks' notice before using sexually explicit material in class would make it harder for young people to receive public health education or study important literature.
- Hassan: Proud that state helped pave way to 'historic day' Updated: Jun-26-15 1:59 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The governor of New Hampshire - which recognized civil unions in 2008 and legalized gay marriage two years later - is celebrating the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling as an affirmation of the nation's founding principle that "all individuals are created equal."
- New Hampshire subsidy recipients relieved about court ruling Updated: Jun-25-15 3:01 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Diane Munroe was on her way to a doctor's appointment Thursday when she heard the welcome news that she'll be able to keep her health insurance.
- Governors' trade missions have uneven record of success Updated: Jun-22-15 5:08 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Governors across the country have been packing their bags for all-expenses-paid trade missions abroad, spending taxpayer dollars on costly trips that have an uneven track record of yielding any tangible benefits for their states.
- Lawmakers, ACLU protest 30-day residency voting requirement Updated: Jun-11-15 2:29 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is likely to veto legislation that would require people to live in New Hampshire for 30 days before they can vote in the state.
- New Hampshire Senate passes $11.3 billion budget Updated: Jun-04-15 8:26 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire senators voted along party lines to pass an $11.3 billion state budget Thursday, with Democrats failing at every turn to change the two-year spending plan.