- Author of Pamela Smart-inspired book asks for her parole Updated: May-26-15 1:43 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - An author whose book "To Die For" was inspired by the Pamela Smart case is asking the governor to consider parole.
- Colleges across New Hampshire hold commencement ceremonies Updated: May-17-15 8:11 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire hits its peak for college commencements this weekend, with more than half a dozen schools celebrating their graduating classes.
- Manchester police chief to retire at end of June Updated: May-12-15 4:48 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Manchester Police chief is retiring at the end of June after nearly three decades with the department.
- Dems claim recruiting successes in bid to retake Senate Updated: May-11-15 1:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate Democrats are claiming early success in recruiting strong candidates in Republican-held states as they fight to retake the majority after last year's midterm bloodletting. But in several states the party is still searching, with the Democrat who looks like the strongest candidate holding out for now.
- Businesses not yet seeing tangible deals from Turkey trip Updated: May-09-15 9:55 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Nearly a year after Gov. Maggie Hassan's controversial trade mission to Turkey with representatives from seven New Hampshire businesses, there are few tangible results such as new sales, contracts or distribution deals. But when it comes to international trade, officials say it's too early to see any deals inked and that the weeklong trip last June launched new relationships that are likely to prove beneficial down the line.
- Officials discuss state's ongoing heroin issues Updated: May-08-15 12:47 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Politicians, police officers and anti-drug advocates said Friday that New Hampshire's growing heroin and opioid addiction is a social, economic and family problem that requires collaborative prevention and treatment efforts.
- State promotes business climate but spends little to recruit Updated: May-03-15 11:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire lawmakers repeatedly talk about the state's "business climate" and the need to attract and retain employers, but lately they haven't bought into the idea of spending money to make money.
- Pelosi keynotes New Hampshire dinner Updated: May-03-15 9:14 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi will be the keynote speaker at an annual fundraising dinner for the New Hampshire Democratic Party.
- Hassan travels for Democratic Governors Association events Updated: May-02-15 8:50 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan is out of state this weekend for fundraisers put on by the Democratic Governors Association.