- Sununu: Vote ensures poor women have access to health care Updated: Jun-29-16 7:14 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire Republican gubernatorial candidate Chris Sununu helped kill a measure in the state a year ago that would have provided funding for Planned Parenthood over concerns it was selling fetal tissue for profit.
- Marchand backs legal weed, getting inmate off death row Updated: Jun-28-16 5:06 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Steve Marchand is calling for marijuana legalization and saying he'd consider commuting the death sentence of New Hampshire's only person on death row.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Jun-25-16 10:46 am
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- House Democrats gather to support Congress's sit-in on guns Updated: Jun-23-16 10:56 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - About a dozen Democratic state representatives are gathering in the New Hampshire House chamber to stand in solidarity with members of Congress who are staging a sit-in to demand votes on gun control bills.
- Guns re-emerge as issue in tight Ayotte, Hassan race Updated: Jun-22-16 9:03 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - After the Florida gay nightclub shooting that left 49 people dead, guns are once again emerging as an issue in New Hampshire's U.S. Senate race between Republican Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Vulnerable GOP senators side with NRA on gun votes Updated: Jun-21-16 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - Among the Senate's most vulnerable Republicans, Pennsylvania Sen. Pat Toomey stood firmly with the powerful National Rifle Association on the latest ill-fated attempts at gun control. So did Ohio Sen. Rob Portman and Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson.
- Sununu's name gives boost, creates target in GOP gov's race Updated: Jun-20-16 4:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - As the son of a former governor and brother of a past U.S. senator, Republican Chris Sununu's name recognition gives him an early boost in the race to replace outgoing Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Family of slain woman fights to keep court records sealed Updated: Jun-14-16 7:37 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The parents of a University of New Hampshire student who was raped and killed in 2012 are fighting to keep details about her sexual history from exposure to the public.
- Vigils held, planned for victims of nightclub shooting Updated: Jun-13-16 7:27 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire communities are holding vigils for victims killed and wounded in the Orlando nightclub shooting over the weekend.
- Republican Sununu's comments on opioid crisis spark rebuke Updated: Jun-08-16 5:58 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican gubernatorial candidate Chris Sununu is taking heat for saying there's been "no leadership" statewide or locally on New Hampshire's heroin and opioid crisis that's killed hundreds of people.
- New England governors: Fighting stigma key to opioid battle Updated: Jun-07-16 4:20 pm
BOSTON - All six New England governors say fighting the social stigma associated with addiction is key to battling the opioid crisis raging across the region, claiming thousands of lives.
- Ayotte focuses on cutting red tape, national security Updated: Jun-01-16 6:28 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte says her rival, Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan, lacks a depth of understanding on national security and the threats facing the country.