- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- Shaheen proposes $600 million to fight heroin abuse Updated: Nov-23-15 2:59 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen is proposing $600 million in emergency funding to address an opioid and heroin abuse crisis that she says is spiraling out of control.
- Analysis: Obama refugee argument fails as Democrats desert Updated: Nov-19-15 5:02 pm
MANILA, Philippines - As anxiety about Syrian refugees entering the U.S. took hold this week, President Barack Obama was having none of it. Halfway across the globe, he scolded politicians questioning his plan to take in 10,000 Syrians in light of the Paris attacks, dismissing them as fear-mongers scoring political points.
- Lawmakers approve task force on plans to solve drug crisis Updated: Nov-18-15 3:44 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A task force charged with reviewing legislation that aims to tackle a devastating drug crisis in New Hampshire will begin working on Tuesday, although some lawmakers said that now is the time for action, not more discussion.
- Toumpas to resign as health commissioner in January Updated: Nov-18-15 1:36 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The head of New Hampshire's largest state agency is resigning early next year after eight years on the job.
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: Nov-18-15 9:53 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania:
- Republicans rush to shut borders to Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-18-15 9:40 am
WASHINGTON - Republicans urged an immediate closure of America's borders to Syrian refugees Tuesday, drawing angry denunciations from President Barack Obama and other Democrats and igniting an emotional debate about U.S. values in the wake of the deadly Paris terror attacks.
- Hassan, Ayotte say US should delay taking Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-16-15 3:15 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan said Monday the United States should halt the acceptance of Syrian refugees until intelligence and defense officials can assure a strong process for vetting refugees.
- Focus on fentanyl comes amid 3,800-case backlog at crime lab Updated: Nov-11-15 4:08 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Already facing a backlog of thousands of cases, the state forensics lab could face even greater pressure to test drug samples as lawmakers move to increase penalties for people who deal the powerful painkiller fentanyl.
- Officials, business leaders holding opioid addiction forum Updated: Nov-07-15 11:50 am
BOSTON - The governors of Massachusetts and New Hampshire are joining regional business leaders at a forum on New England's growing opioid addiction scourge.
- Democrat Connolly announces campaign for governor Updated: Nov-05-15 1:06 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Businessman Mark Connolly launched his bid for governor Thursday, stressing education, innovation and jobs creation as he kicked off a contested primary in the race to succeed Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- GOP, Hassan call substance abuse top legislative priority Updated: Oct-28-15 1:20 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan and Republican legislative leaders called Monday for lawmakers to make tackling the substance abuse crisis the top priority when they return to Concord in January.
- Ayotte, Shaheen support EPA's Clean Power Plan Updated: Oct-26-15 5:08 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - U.S. Sens. Jeanne Shaheen and Kelly Ayotte are supporting the Environmental Protection Agency's plan to set standards to limit carbon emissions from power plants.