- Hassan, GOP lawmakers talking, but still no budget deal Updated: Aug-01-15 9:08 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state is entering the second month of a budget stalemate and Republican leaders say a compromise could be months away even as discussions continue between GOP lawmakers and Democratic Gov. Maggie Hassan.
- Balsams gets permission to withdraw water for snowmaking Updated: Jul-31-15 8:19 am
DIXVILLE, New Hampshire - Developers planning to restore a historic resort in the economically distressed North Country have received permission from the state to withdraw water from the Androscoggin River for snowmaking activities.
- 1st bank opening in New Hampshire in 7 years Updated: Jul-31-15 4:06 am
BEDFORD, New Hampshire - A new bank has opened in New Hampshire, the first one in seven years.
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson Updated: Jul-30-15 4:45 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Democratic parties in the three states that start the presidential nominating process are exploring ending their association with two former White House occupants: Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson.
- Brain disorder center's closing sends ripples nationwide Updated: Jul-26-15 12:19 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - When Tyler Richardson's son hit puberty, the combination of hormones and new strength from a growth spurt added an element of danger to a long history of unpredictable behavior because of autism and severe anger problems.
- Hassan joins nation's governors at summer meeting Updated: Jul-25-15 9:08 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan is joining her counterparts from across the nation in West Virginia this weekend for a gathering of the National Governors Association.
- Hassan vetoes Planet Fitness-related tax change Updated: Jul-20-15 4:01 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Gov. Maggie Hassan vetoed a change to the state's business tax structure that was originally sought by gym company Planet Fitness, but she said Monday she would consider the proposal as part of the ongoing state budget negotiations.
- Maine to allow carrying of concealed guns without a permit Updated: Jul-08-15 3:23 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage signed a bill on Wednesday that will make Maine one of a handful of states where residents are free to carry a hidden firearm without a permit.
- Hassan to participate in July Fourth celebrations statewide Updated: Jul-04-15 8:47 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - While the July 4 weekend means vacation for most New Hampshire residents, the same can't be said for politicians.
- Hassan likely to veto bill removing concealed gun license Updated: Jul-03-15 2:20 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's gun laws are likely to be the center of debate next week as Gov. Maggie Hassan takes action on a bill that would make it easier for people to carry hidden guns. She has said she'll veto it.