- Truck driver wins Dem nomination for Mississippi governor Updated: Aug-05-15 5:35 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Republican Gov. Phil Bryant has $2.8 million in his campaign fund, and his Democratic challenger in the November election is a truck driver who reported spending no money so far and who said he didn't even vote in Tuesday's primary.
- Truck driver wins Dem nomination for Miss. governor Updated: Aug-05-15 2:52 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Truck driver Robert Gray won the Democratic nomination for Mississippi governor on Tuesday, although he reported spending no money on his campaign and said he didn't vote in the primary because he was too busy.
- The Latest: Stone beats fellow incumbent Hale in Senate race Updated: Aug-04-15 11:56 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The latest on Mississippi primary elections (all times local):
- 2 Republicans, 2 Dems in primaries for Mississippi lt. gov Updated: Aug-02-15 1:23 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A teacher who wants to dismantle the Common Core academic standards is trying to defeat Mississippi Lt. Gov. Tate Reeves in the Republican primary.
- Transportation candidates face deficit to maintain roads Updated: Jul-30-15 6:31 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Here's the challenge for the five candidates running in Tuesday's primaries for two seats on Mississippi's Transportation Commission: Officials say Mississippi needs $400 million more each year to maintain current roads and bridges.
- Most Miss. incumbents continue with campaign cash advantage Updated: Jul-16-15 2:38 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Most of Mississippi's statewide incumbents continue to raise more campaign cash than their challengers leading into the party primaries.
- NAACP: Mississippi should remove Confederate sign from flag Updated: Jul-14-15 7:11 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The NAACP is calling on Mississippi legislators to remove the Confederate battle emblem from the state flag, days after South Carolina removed a stand-alone Confederate banner from its Capitol grounds.