- Obama honoring Streisand, Spielberg, Yogi Berra and more Updated: Nov-24-15 10:54 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama recognized 17 Americans with the nation's highest civilian award on Tuesday, including the first African-American woman elected to Congress, one of the greatest catchers in baseball history and a "Funny Girl."
- Hawkeyes' ability to win close games could help at Nebraska Updated: Nov-24-15 7:28 pm
Michigan State can go to the Big Ten championship game with a win over Penn State on Saturday. Ohio State and Michigan meet in "The Game," with the winner representing the East Division in the title game if the Spartans slip up.
- Opponent of Japanese-Americans' WWII treatment to be honored Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Relatives of a civil rights attorney being honored posthumously this week with a Presidential Medal of Freedom for challenging the treatment of Japanese Americans during World War II are alarmed by recent opposition to Syrian refugees resettling in the U.S.
- Historic Hinchliffe Stadium to get $300K restoration grant Updated: Nov-06-15 12:26 pm
A dilapidated northern New Jersey stadium that once played host to legendary Negro Leagues baseball players and was recently named a national historic landmark is getting a boost for its restoration efforts.
- US marshal in New York says security is top priority Updated: Nov-02-15 8:04 pm
NEW YORK - Long before Michael Greco became the U.S. marshal in the judicial district that includes Manhattan, he dreamed of becoming a police officer, a cowboy, an astronaut and the pope. Decades later, his wish list dwindled.