- Davis hits another homer, but Brewers fall 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Oct-03-15 1:05 am
- Cubs beat Brewers, try to keep up in race to host wild card Updated: Oct-03-15 12:43 am
- Column: Cubs finally have a team that can end the curse Updated: Oct-02-15 8:33 pm
The uniforms are the same.
- Reds' losing streak reaches 12 with 5-3 loss to Cubs Updated: Oct-01-15 7:19 pm
CINCINNATI - Evidence of the Reds' growing pains showed in a decisive pitch by rookie John Lamb to Austin Jackson that led to another loss.
- Jackson's 9th homer of season helps Cubs to 5-3 win vs Reds Updated: Oct-01-15 5:21 pm
CINCINNATI - Austin Jackson has enjoyed a good month over the last two games, according to Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon.
- With Cubs playoff bound, Williams thinks of Banks, Santo Updated: Oct-01-15 2:45 am
CHICAGO - Billy Williams couldn't help but let his mind drift, thinking about his old teammates Ernie Banks and Ron Santo.
- Royals offense can't support pitching in 1-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Sep-29-15 12:33 am
CHICAGO - Yordano Ventura has been nearly unbeatable over the past two months. But even what may have been his best outing of the season wasn't enough for the Kansas City Royals on Monday night.
- Denorfia's HR in 11th gives Cubs 1-0 win over Royals Updated: Sep-29-15 12:28 am
CHICAGO - Chris Denorfia is a senior citizen in a clubhouse filled with youngsters. The veteran felt like one of the kids Monday night.
- Chairman Tom Ricketts not surprised by Cubs' success Updated: Sep-28-15 8:11 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs chairman Tom Ricketts isn't surprised that his team is headed back to the postseason.
- Arrieta pitches Cubs to 4-0 victory over Pirates Updated: Sep-28-15 12:19 am
CHICAGO - The numbers are growing more ridiculous with each start, and the Chicago Cubs are running out of ways to describe the brilliance of Jake Arrieta.
- Cubs celebrate playoff clincher after loss to Pirates Updated: Sep-26-15 6:35 pm
CHICAGO - The blaring music and smell of sparkling wine were unmistakable once the doors opened to the media.
- Cubs close in on playoffs and fans loving every moment Updated: Sep-25-15 7:09 am
CHICAGO - As much as he is enjoying this, Greg Simon can't quite escape the thought that it might unravel in some cruel, freakish way.
- Cubs can't muster offense in 4-1 loss to Brewers Updated: Sep-24-15 12:11 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs' offense may have disappeared for one night, but considering the postseason aspirations his team has, manager Joe Maddon isn't overly concerned.
- Maddon brings cheetah for pregame visit to Wrigley Field Updated: Sep-23-15 9:35 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon doesn't want his players sweating the pressure of a playoff chase.
- In their words: How sports world is remembering Yogi Berra Updated: Sep-23-15 8:43 pm
NEW YORK - Yogi Berra, the Hall of Fame catcher renowned as much for his lovable, linguistically dizzying "Yogi-isms" as his unmatched 10 World Series championships with the New York Yankees, has died at 90. Here's how he is being remembered:
- The wild life: Maddon brings petting zoo to Wrigley Field Updated: Sep-22-15 9:07 pm
CHICAGO - Now that's living the wild life!
- Cubs' Maddon makes good on 'day at the beach' promise Updated: Sep-20-15 7:54 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs manager Joe Maddon made good on his promise to give Pedro Strop a "day at the beach" on Sunday after the reliever bailed Chicago out of a ninth-inning jam Saturday to preserve a 5-4 win.
- Molina exits with thumb sprain as Cardinals beat Cubs 4-3 Updated: Sep-20-15 7:39 pm
CHICAGO - Addison Russell's fly ball in the eighth inning Sunday might be the most important play in baseball so far this year.
- Rizzo hits 30th homer, lifts Cubs to 9-6 win over Pirates Updated: Sep-17-15 11:23 pm
PITTSBURGH - By winning three of four games in Pittsburgh, the Chicago Cubs made a bold move as they try to catch the Pirates for the top NL wild card.
- Pirates SS Kang out 6-8 months with broken leg, torn MCL Updated: Sep-17-15 11:12 pm
PITTSBURGH - Jung Ho Kang arrived in the United States last winter a mystery before providing a major jolt that helped get the Pittsburgh Pirates started on their run at a third straight playoff berth.
- Howard goes deep, Phillies beat Cubs 7-4 Updated: Sep-13-15 5:33 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ryan Howard can still hit right-handers.
- Cubs-Phillies rained out, doubleheader Friday Updated: Sep-10-15 10:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Not much is going to get the playoff-contending Chicago Cubs down right now not even sitting around waiting for a game that wound up getting postponed.
- Cubs' Schwarber out 3-5 days with rib strain Updated: Sep-04-15 1:54 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs rookie slugger Kyle Schwarber is expected to miss three to five days because of a mild rib cage strain.