- Offense can't support Hammel in Cubs 2-1 loss to Marlins Updated: Jul-03-15 7:12 pm
CHICAGO - Jason Hammel knows that quality pitching is one reason why the Chicago Cubs continue to play meaningful baseball.
- Home runs, Koehler lift Marlins to 2-1 win over Cubs Updated: Jul-03-15 7:05 pm
CHICAGO - Justin Bour spent five years in the minor league system for the Cubs.
- DeGrom frustrated, Mets feeble as Cubs complete 3-game sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:37 pm
NEW YORK - Jacob deGrom delivered the most telling blow for the New York Mets.
- Herrera's bunt, blast leads Cubs over feeble Mets for sweep Updated: Jul-02-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - By the time Jonathan Herrera and Miguel Montero homered, the Chicago Cubs didn't really need the extra runs.
- Trying to make hitting skid disappear, Maddon hires magician Updated: Jun-30-15 7:57 pm
NEW YORK - Hoping to make a hitting slump disappear, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon tried a trick.
- Martinez paces Cardinals to 4-1 win, sweep of Cubs Updated: Jun-29-15 2:05 am
ST. LOUIS - Every five or 10 minutes while the game was on hold, Carlos Martinez went to the indoor batting cage to stay loose.
- Lester chased after 4 innings as Cubs lose to Dodgers 4-0 Updated: Jun-25-15 7:53 pm
CHICAGO - Jon Lester's first season with the Chicago Cubs is not going as planned.
- Maddon: Review umps should be replaced by 'bunch of nerds' Updated: Jun-25-15 2:09 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs manager Joe Maddon think baseball's video review umpires should be replaced by "a bunch of nerds."
- Fan makes great catch over tarp while holding baby Updated: Jun-24-15 12:00 pm
CHICAGO - Two of the National League's best teams faced off at Wrigley Field on Tuesday night, and a fan sitting in the front row stole the show.
- Maddon, Friedman catch up before Cubs host Dodgers Updated: Jun-23-15 1:11 am
CHICAGO - A year ago, Joe Maddon and Andrew Friedman were in the middle of a miserable start for the Tampa Bay Rays. Fast forward to Monday night, and Maddon and Friedman were catching up in foul territory at Wrigley Field, and the Rays were in Florida.
- Lights problem causes delay in Dodgers-Cubs at Wrigley Field Updated: Jun-22-15 10:27 pm
CHICAGO - The lights at Wrigley Field flickered in the bottom of the sixth inning, prompting an odd scene when Cubs manager Joe Maddon repeatedly came out of the dugout to talk to the umpires during a 10-minute delay.
- Arrieta pitches shutout, Fowler hits slam, Cubs beat Twins Updated: Jun-21-15 6:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - After botching an easy comebacker to the mound in the third inning, Jake Arrieta made certain he never lost control of the game.
- Rizzo hits 2 home runs, but Hughes, Twins clobber Cubs 7-2 Updated: Jun-20-15 12:23 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Despite the two home runs by Anthony Rizzo, the Chicago Cubs had one of those forgettable nights.
- Urshela's single lifts Indians past Cubs, 4-3 Updated: Jun-19-15 1:31 am
CLEVELAND - Cody Allen didn't get credit for a win or a save Thursday night. He did record the biggest out of the Cleveland Indians' 4-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs.
- After championship hat trick, Chicago celebrates Blackhawks Updated: Jun-18-15 4:28 pm
CHICAGO - Jonathan Toews kissed and hoisted the Stanley Cup as he was introduced toward the end of the latest raucous rally honoring the Chicago Blackhawks. Then the captain headed toward the back of the stage at Soldier Field.
- Indians crushed in 17-0 loss to Cubs Updated: Jun-18-15 12:36 am
CLEVELAND - Ryan Raburn spent the first eight innings at designated hitter for the Cleveland Indians, and David Murphy began Wednesday's game in left field.
- Blackhawks bask in latest Stanley Cup win Updated: Jun-17-15 8:08 pm
CHICAGO - General manager Stan Bowman recalled the Chicago Blackhawks' championship rally and parade falling on his birthday two years ago.
- Cubs' Montero out with stiff back; Rosscup placed on DL Updated: Jun-17-15 6:26 pm
CLEVELAND - Chicago Cubs catcher Miguel Montero has been scratched from Wednesday's lineup because of back stiffness.
- Santana powers Indians past Cubs 6-0 Updated: Jun-17-15 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Carlos Santana found his power stroke in his return to the cleanup spot for the Cleveland Indians.
- Castro's RBI single in 9th lifts Cubs past Reds Updated: Jun-14-15 2:15 am
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs had to wait out a lengthy rain delay, and then they had to overcome the Cincinnati Reds' rally.
- Coghlan, Montero homer as Cubs pound Tigers, 12-3 Updated: Jun-10-15 11:51 pm
DETROIT - Chris Coghlan, Miguel Montero and the Chicago Cubs slugged their way to an easy win over Detroit - and an impressive finish to a challenging road trip.
- Soriano agrees to minor league deal with Cubs Updated: Jun-09-15 8:29 pm
CHICAGO - Free-agent reliever Rafael Soriano has agreed to a minor league contract with the Chicago Cubs and would get s $4.1 million, one-year deal if added to the major league roster.
- Bryant gets 3 hits as Cubs score 6-3 win over Nationals Updated: Jun-07-15 9:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Chicago manager Joe Maddon liked how his team played against Washington this weekend. He just wants the Cubs to play that way all the time.