- Arrieta moves to 9-0 and Cubs edge Cardinals 9-8 Updated: May-25-16 7:35 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jake Arrieta got some help from the Cubs' offense to stay perfect.
- Lackey's start spoiled by one swing, Cardinals beat Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-24-16 12:55 am
ST. LOUIS - Another dominant outing for Chicago Cubs starter John Lackey against his former team was spoiled by one swing of the bat.
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs Updated: May-23-16 12:30 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants aren't lighting up the scoreboard, but they're doing enough to keep piling up the wins.
- Cubs RF Jason Heyward out 3-5 games with side bruise Updated: May-21-16 6:49 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Chicago Cubs right fielder Jason Heyward will miss three to five games with a bruise on his right side near his ribs.
- Giants shut down by Arrieta in 8-1 loss to Cubs Updated: May-21-16 3:23 am
SAN FRANCISCO - The San Francisco Giants couldn't get anything going against Jake Arrieta. Then again, no team has in the regular season since last July.
- Guerra strikes out 11 as Brewers slow Cubs with 5-3 win Updated: May-19-16 6:04 pm
MILWAUKEE - Junior Guerra used his split-finger fastball to carry the Milwaukee Brewers to victory.
- Cubs sign Joe Nathan, recovering from Tommy John surgery Updated: May-17-16 7:55 pm
MILWAUKEE - The Chicago Cubs agreed Tuesday to a one-year contract with Joe Nathan, a six-time All-Star reliever recovering from Tommy John surgery.
- Pirates end Lester no-hit bid in 7th, edge Cubs behind Cole Updated: May-15-16 7:22 pm
CHICAGO - While the attention was on Jon Lester's quest for a second no-hitter, Gerrit Cole kept quietly matching zeros with him.
- Cubs catcher Miguel Montero activated from disabled list Updated: May-14-16 1:40 pm
CHICAGO - Miguel Montero was activated from the 15-day disabled list on Saturday, putting three catchers on the roster for the Chicago Cubs.
- Fowler, Jackson spark Chicago's baseball teams Updated: May-12-16 2:41 pm
- Pomeranz leads Padres to 1-0 win, doubleheader sweep of Cubs Updated: May-12-16 12:28 am
CHICAGO - Drew Pomeranz can't explain his surprising start. He simply wants to keep it going.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 9:17 pm
CHICAGO - Javier Baez got the pitch he wanted and propelled the Cubs to yet another victory on a day when it looked like Jake Arrieta might finally pick up a loss.
- Cubs walk Harper 6 times, Baez homers in 13th to beat Nats Updated: May-08-16 8:37 pm
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was drawing walks at such a ridiculous rate he wound up tying a major league record.
- Zobrist, Rizzo homer as Cubs top Pirates 6-2 for sweep Updated: May-04-16 5:28 pm
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.
- Rain postpones Braves-Cubs; Maddon says bullpen a priority Updated: Apr-30-16 2:47 pm
CHICAGO - If there's any question about his first-place team, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon says it has to do with its untested relief corps.
- MRI reveals minor right ankle sprain for Cubs' Kris Bryant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:34 pm
CHICAGO - An MRI has confirmed that Kris Bryant of the Chicago Cubs has a minor right ankle sprain.
- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Jake Arrieta waits as Brewers and Cubs postponed by rain Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta will have to wait another day for his chance to match Johnny Vander Meer.