- Cubs blow 3-run lead and big chance in 9th, lose 4-3 to Mets Updated: Jul-01-16 12:55 am
NEW YORK - Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon thought his team played a pretty good ballgame. Starter John Lackey was not as forgiving.
- Mets rally, hold off Cubs 4-3 to stop skid in NLCS rematch Updated: Jul-01-16 12:33 am
NEW YORK - A streak or two of celebration whipped cream was still stuck in Brandon Nimmo's hairline as he peeled off his baseball socks in the clubhouse Thursday night.
- Rizzo legs out inside-the-park HR, Cubs sweep Reds 9-2 Updated: Jun-29-16 5:05 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo saw the ball ricochet across the outfield and kicked his legs into high gear, deciding he was going to try to touch 'em all. His sides were aching by the time he slid safely into home plate.
- Marlins want to be relevant late in the season for a change Updated: Jun-27-16 2:12 pm
MIAMI - Jose Fernandez was discussing the Miami Marlins' latest victory when Freddie Mercury interrupted due to someone's cellphone ringtone.
- Fernandez fans 13 and Marlins take series from Cubs, 6-1 Updated: Jun-26-16 5:59 pm
MIAMI - When Jose Fernandez reached second base with a standup double, he looked to his dugout, pulled up his right sleeve and flexed his biceps.
- Cardinals beat Arrieta, Cubs 7-2 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: Jun-22-16 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - When the St. Louis Cardinals arrived at Wrigley Field for a three-game series, manager Mike Matheny shook off questions about their 12 1/2-game deficit to the surging Cubs by insisting he avoids looking at the standings.
- Prospect Contreras homers in 1st at-bat, Cubs sweep Pirates Updated: Jun-20-16 12:36 am
CHICAGO - Prized prospect Willson Contreras received a standing ovation as he made his way to the plate in the sixth inning for his first major league at-bat.
- Lester allows no earned runs as Cubs rout Braves 13-2 Updated: Jun-12-16 6:26 pm
ATLANTA - Jon Lester stopped himself as he started to say he hoped the Cubs could keep winning at their current pace.
- Cubs' Maddon intrigued about idea of pitchers in HR Derby Updated: Jun-12-16 3:31 pm
ATLANTA - Cubs manager Joe Maddon is intrigued about having pitchers, including Chicago ace Jake Arrieta, compete in the All-Star Home Run Derby.
- Lackey goes 7 strong, Cubs beat Phillies 8-1 Updated: Jun-08-16 5:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - John Lackey gave the Chicago Cubs another excellent start, a common theme for baseball's best team.
- Corbin, Diamondbacks end Arrieta's win streak, beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Patrick Corbin knew what he was up against, with the Diamondbacks trying to snap Jake Arrieta's historic win streak and avoid a sweep by the major league-leading Cubs.
- Arrieta's win streak ends at 20, Diamondbacks beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta had been winning at such a remarkable rate it was almost jarring to see the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner lose a game.
- Cubs manager Maddon ejected against Diamondbacks Updated: Jun-05-16 4:40 pm
CHICAGO - Cubs manager Joe Maddon has been ejected from Sunday's game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Hendricks sharp, Cubs break loose with 4 HRs, beat Dodgers Updated: Jun-02-16 6:41 pm
CHICAGO - Kyle Hendricks is suddenly pitching deep into games and dominating while he's doing it. His latest outing was about as impressive as the complete game he threw in his previous start.
- Cubs dominate early NL All-Star voting Updated: Jun-02-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - Addison Russell got an update on the All-Star voting from his wife, Melisa. "She was making me blush a little bit," a grinning Russell said.
- Sager surrounded by family for memorable return to Wrigley Updated: Jun-02-16 12:15 am
CHICAGO - Craig Sager carried around a picture from his childhood with Billy Williams, and he showed it to the Hall of Fame slugger in the home dugout at Wrigley Field. He introduced his family to Cubs manager Joe Maddon and posed for a group picture with the iconic outfield serving as a backdrop.