- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs, 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:27 pm
CHICAGO - Joe Maddon liked how his major league-leading Chicago Cubs rallied yet again. Yet one mistake stood out.
- Short-handed Braves rally in 10th to knock off Cubs 4-3 Updated: May-01-16 7:06 pm
CHICAGO - A gaffe by the front office left the Atlanta Braves a player short. The bullpen blew a lead and Julio Teheran's great outing was seemingly wasted.
- Rain postpones Braves-Cubs; Gonzalez happy game called early Updated: Apr-30-16 2:48 pm
- Rain postpones Braves-Cubs; Maddon says bullpen a priority Updated: Apr-30-16 2:47 pm
CHICAGO - If there's any question about his first-place team, Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon says it has to do with its untested relief corps.
- MRI reveals minor right ankle sprain for Cubs' Kris Bryant Updated: Apr-29-16 12:34 pm
CHICAGO - An MRI has confirmed that Kris Bryant of the Chicago Cubs has a minor right ankle sprain.
- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Cubs C Montero headed to DL; Federowicz called up from Iowa Updated: Apr-28-16 12:38 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago Cubs catcher Miguel Montero is headed to the 15-day disabled list with lower back tightness.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Jake Arrieta waits as Brewers and Cubs postponed by rain Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta will have to wait another day for his chance to match Johnny Vander Meer.
- Rizzo's 2 homers, 4 RBIs lead Cubs to 9-0 rout of Reds Updated: Apr-24-16 5:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo's sessions with Chicago Cubs assistant hitting coach Eric Hinske are starting to pay off.
- Jake Arrieta reaching new heights, along with his Cubs team Updated: Apr-22-16 9:37 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs got together in one of their hotel rooms and threw a pizza party to celebrate Jake Arrieta's second no-hitter. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but it's the best they could do after midnight.
- After delay, Cardinals beat Cubs 5-3 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-20-16 9:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis right-hander Carlos Martinez is ready to show his appreciation to outfielder Randal Grichuk.
- Arenado homers twice, leads Chatwood, Rockies over Cubs Updated: Apr-17-16 6:59 pm
CHICAGO - Tyler Chatwood really had something to talk about after his performance at Wrigley Field.
- Cubs rip Reds 9-2 for best start since 1985 Updated: Apr-14-16 12:29 am
- New home clubhouse opens to rousing reviews from Cubs Updated: Apr-11-16 8:57 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs are looking good. And with a spiffy new clubhouse, so is their beloved ballpark.
- Arrieta homers, pitches 7 innings to lead Cubs over Arizona Updated: Apr-10-16 8:48 pm
PHOENIX - The Chicago Cubs are finally leaving the West Coast after almost two months of spring training and a half-dozen real games, and they're headed home in high spirits.
- Sidelined for year, Cubs slugger Schwarber thinking to 2017 Updated: Apr-09-16 8:04 pm
PHOENIX - Kyle Schwarber says he wouldn't change a thing about the way he pursued that flyball in the gap.
- Cubs slugger Kyle Schwarber out for season with knee injury Updated: Apr-08-16 8:44 pm
PHOENIX - Chicago Cubs slugger Kyle Schwarber is out for the season after tearing two knee ligaments in an outfield collision, a major setback for a team that many picked to win the World Series.
- In 2nd season, Joe Maddon has Cubs targeting title drought Updated: Apr-08-16 2:27 am
CHICAGO - Whether there was a mime leading warmups, a 1970s van blasting disco music or Chicago Cubs mingling with real cubs this spring, Joe Maddon was in top form long before the season's first pitch.
- Heaney can't stop the bleeding, Angels lose 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Apr-06-16 3:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Andrew Heaney had to make a pit stop in the dugout after throwing his first pitch of the second inning because his nose was bleeding.
- Cubs hit 3 homers for Lester in 6-1 win over Angels Updated: Apr-06-16 2:08 am
ANAHEIM, California - Last season, Jon Lester brought to the Chicago Cubs an impressive resume that included the two World Series rings he won with the Boston Red Sox in 2007 and 2013.
- New Vols defensive coordinator Shoop appreciates history Updated: Apr-04-16 1:44 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - New Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop considers himself a student of the game and has spent the last few months learning as much as he can about the Volunteers' football history.
- Opening day: Flurries early in Pittsburgh, flag up in KC Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 am
Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter walked up to the plate, shook hands with the umpire, greeted the Pittsburgh catcher and got comfortable in the batter's box.