- Officials calling Nevada solar future bright under EPA rules Updated: Aug-03-15 6:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - Several Nevada government and business leaders said Monday they see a bright future for renewable energy projects in the state under federal rules tightening pollution controls for greenhouse gas emissions from existing power plants.
- Reid vows Democratic candidate in Nevada congressional race Updated: Jul-28-15 5:35 pm
RENO, Nevada - Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid says there's "not a chance" he'll leave Nevada's 3rd Congressional District race without a Democratic candidate.
- Former Secretary of State Ross Miller won't run for Congress Updated: Jul-21-15 9:39 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic former Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller says he won't run for the congressional seat being vacated by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- President of conservative Nevada think tank joins House race Updated: Jul-21-15 12:35 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The president of the conservative Nevada Policy Research Institute has resigned his post to become the fourth Republican seeking the state's 3rd Congressional District seat.
- Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman endorses Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-20-15 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is endorsing Republican Rep. Joe Heck in his bid for Senate.
- Heller, Hardy, Amodei back fellow Republican Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Sen. Dean Heller and congressmen Mark Amodei and Cresent Hardy are formally endorsing their Republican colleague Joe Heck for Senate.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 7:17 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Danny Tarkanian announced Monday that he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Republican Danny Tarkanian announces bid for Congress Updated: Jul-13-15 6:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Republican Danny Tarkanian has announced he'll run for the 3rd Congressional District seat being vacated by fellow Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Masto, Heck ramp up fundraising in Nevada US Senate race Updated: Jul-10-15 8:56 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic former Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto announced that she has raised $1.1 million since launching her campaign for U.S. Senate three months ago, although her newly announced Republican opponent has a larger stash of cash.
- Nevada Republicans upset; Democrats hail national monument Updated: Jul-10-15 5:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - The sudden designation of a state-sized area of desert, valleys and mountains in Nevada as a new national monument was derided Friday by local congressmen as an act of political cronyism involving outgoing U.S. Sen. Harry Reid and President Barack Obama.
- Former Assembly Speaker John Oceguera running for Congress Updated: Jul-09-15 5:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democrat John Oceguera, who previously held the highest post in the Nevada Assembly, announced Thursday that he'll join a crowded race for the state's 4th Congressional District seat.
- Republican State Sen. Michael Roberson running for Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 7:54 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Nevada state Sen. Michael Roberson announced Wednesday that he'll run for the southern Nevada congressional seat currently held by Republican Rep. Joe Heck.
- Nevada GOP Rep. Joe Heck running for Reid's US Senate seat Updated: Jul-06-15 8:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Joe Heck, the newly announced Republican candidate for U.S. Senate in Nevada, on Monday criticized Donald Trump's comments about Mexican immigrants, saying entire ethnic groups can't be stereotyped.
- Republican enters race for open Las Vegas congressional seat Updated: Jul-06-15 12:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada congressional candidate Dr. Annette Teijeiro says she's planning on running for an open Las Vegas congressional seat.