- Conservative takes former Speaker Boehner's House seat Updated: Jun-09-16 8:02 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican Warren Davidson was sworn into the House on Thursday to take former House Speaker John Boehner's long-held seat, elected with the backing of the same conservatives who helped drive Boehner from Congress.
- News Guide: Clinton, Trump sharpen contrasts for matchup Updated: Jun-08-16 7:09 am
WASHINGTON - With a splash of history and a dose of reassurance, Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Republican Donald Trump claimed their parties' presidential nominations and are turning their political guns on each other.
- The Latest: Sanders wins Democratic primary in Montana Updated: Jun-08-16 2:14 am
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Dakota and South Dakota vote. (all times Eastern):
- The Latest: Budd wins crowded 13th Republican primary Updated: Jun-07-16 11:25 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on Tuesday's North Carolina primary election (all times local):
- Holding wins incumbent House clash in North Carolina primary Updated: Jun-07-16 11:02 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Republican U.S. Rep. George Holding won the year's only congressional primary between incumbents, ousting Rep. Renee Ellmers on Tuesday from a redrawn district that includes much of the territory that elected him before.
- Many incumbents advance, Ellmers loses, Pittenger fighting Updated: Jun-07-16 10:50 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Several North Carolina congressional incumbents and a sitting Supreme Court justice won their primary elections Tuesday and advanced to November's general election.
- The Latest: Holding wins North Carolina incumbent clash Updated: Jun-07-16 8:39 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on U.S. House primaries in North Carolina (all times local):
- Polls are open for North Carolina's primary elections Updated: Jun-07-16 6:35 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The polls are open across North Carolina for primary elections for Congress, the state Supreme Court and a handful of local races.
- Trump endorses NC's Ellmers in incumbent primary matchup Updated: Jun-05-16 12:42 pm
HOLLY SPRINGS, North Carolina - Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump is weighing in on an unusual battle in the only U.S. House race pitting incumbents against each other.
- House primaries in Ga., Calif., show pressures buffeting GOP Updated: Jun-04-16 12:24 pm
WASHINGTON - In two House Republican strongholds - a Georgia district sprawling from Atlanta's exurbs to the Alabama line and another in California's Central Valley - upcoming elections illustrate the sharp elbows and vigilance that this anti-establishment moment demands of GOP candidates.
- Boundary changes give new, old story lines to US House races Updated: Jun-04-16 10:51 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A new congresswoman keeps running for her current seat although the district was redrawn an hour away from her home. Several Republican incumbents are getting hassled by challengers for not being conservative enough. And a veteran congressman is fighting the same rivals again.