- Edwards vetoes 3 bills from regular legislative session Updated: Jun-19-16 9:13 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards has vetoed three bills governing construction financing, state worker pay raises and corrections facilities.
- Analysis: Louisiana's debate over taxes to continue in 2017 Updated: Jun-19-16 5:55 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - People and businesses tired of state lawmakers meddling with Louisiana's tax structure, threatening their tax breaks and creating financial uncertainty will only get a short-term reprieve when the House and Senate wrap up their work in the special session on taxes.
- Surrogacy regulations bill signed into law by Gov. Edwards Updated: Jun-15-16 2:16 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards has reversed course from his predecessor and agreed to create regulations governing surrogacy births in Louisiana.
- REAL ID debate ends, with new law offering option to drivers Updated: Jun-14-16 6:29 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's debate about the federal REAL ID security law appears to be over.
- Florida Gov. Big Easy bound as he bashes Louisiana governor Updated: Jun-08-16 5:00 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott is heading to Louisiana in his latest job recruitment effort.
- State environmental workers back out on Louisiana waters Updated: Jun-07-16 8:34 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Carefully piloting a boat in the Atchafalaya River Basin on a recent morning, the state Department of Environmental Quality workers were on the hunt for an invisible prey.
- Bill would limit last-minute raises from outgoing governors Updated: Jun-01-16 3:56 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's lawmakers want more say over a governor's ability to dole out last-minute pay raises.
- Already hurting for doctors, Louisiana could lose even more Updated: May-31-16 2:06 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Bahnsen Miller understands the challenges - and the damages - of Louisiana's budget woes firsthand. You can't ignore them if you've been in one of the state's doctor training programs, constantly at risk of calamity.
- Edwards names 3 to LSU Board of Supervisors Updated: May-27-16 9:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards has named two new faces to the LSU Board of Supervisors who will replace members appointed by former Gov. Bobby Jindal and reappointed another.