- Judge to decide if death-row inmates need air conditioning Updated: May-20-16 7:44 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - As summer approaches in Louisiana, prison officials insist that ice, fans and cold showers are enough to protect death-row inmates from dangerous heat and humidity.
- Gov. Edwards signs TOPS cost containment bill into law Updated: May-10-16 2:49 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Awards from Louisiana's TOPS program are no longer guaranteed to fully cover tuition if the costs grow in the future.
- Ohio Gov. Kasich keeps low profile since ending 2016 bid Updated: May-09-16 12:12 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich has quickly transitioned from being in the public spotlight to keeping a low profile.
- Edwards rejects calls to revise special session timeline Updated: May-05-16 6:07 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Calls to delay a special session on taxes would be irresponsible, allowing damaging cuts to take hold across state services, Gov. John Bel Edwards said Thursday.
- Louisiana editorial roundup Updated: May-04-16 4:38 pm
Recent editorials from Louisiana newspapers: