- Fed Cup: Halep, Kvitova lose, Romania-Czech Republic, 1-1 Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Monica Niculescu beat two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova 6-3, 6-4 to ensure Romania tied with the Czech Republic 1-1 on the opening day of their Fed Cup first-round tie on Saturday.
- Johanna Konta makes name for herself at Australian Open Updated: Jan-27-16 5:37 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Meet the female Jason Bourne.
- Meet the young Canadians poised for breakout at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-26-16 6:21 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Growing up in Quebec City, Felix Auger Aliassime learned to play from his father, a tennis instructor who had emigrated from Togo in West Africa. It wasn't until he saw Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play their classic Wimbledon final in 2008, though, that he fell in love with the game.
- Azarenka: Tennis hunger comes from childhood in Belarus Updated: Jan-23-16 7:29 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Pressure is merely a matter of perspective for Victoria Azarenka, who can recall days when she was worried as much about going hungry as she was about her next match.
- Born an Aussie, raised a Brit. Konta's a star in Melbourne Updated: Jan-23-16 3:40 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Johanna Konta became the first British woman in 29 years to reach the fourth round at the Australian Open on Saturday, giving rise to "a lot of Australia questions" at Melbourne Park.
- Sharapova wins her 600th match and asks am 'I getting old?' Updated: Jan-22-16 4:22 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Maria Sharapova reached a career milestone on Friday, which came as a nice surprise after a tough match.
- On brink of quitting, Chinese player finds key to winning Updated: Jan-21-16 8:52 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Zhang Shuai went eight years without a victory at a Grand Slam tournament. Now, within a span of two days, she has two.
- Resurgent Venus stopped in 1st round at Australian Open Updated: Jan-19-16 3:54 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Johanna Konta found out she was playing Venus Williams in the first round of the Australian Open, she thought to herself, "I just hope I stay out there more than an hour."
- Women's tennis elite shaking off injuries, colds at Aus Open Updated: Jan-17-16 2:58 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Before the sneezing and sniffling set in, the world's No. 2-ranked women's tennis player listed her goals for the year.
- Take 2: Resurgent Azarenka ready for Australian Open Updated: Jan-16-16 3:23 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - In her new music video, Victoria Azarenka spins wheels on a motorbike and sprays graffiti on a wall. There's not a tennis racket to be seen.
- Serena Williams not worried about injury, or what lies ahead Updated: Jan-16-16 1:57 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Injury? What injury? The draw? Don't mention the draw.
- Sock beats Ferrer to reach Auckland final Updated: Jan-15-16 5:39 am
SYDNEY - Jack Sock ended David Ferrer's hopes of a fifth singles title in Auckland when he beat the top-seeded Spaniard 3-6, 6-1, 6-2 in the ASB Classic semifinals on Friday.
- Serena Williams, Sharapova in same quarter at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-14-16 9:18 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Defending champion Serena Williams and No. 5-ranked Maria Sharapova were drawn into the same section for the Australian Open on Friday, setting up a potential quarterfinal match featuring the 2015 finalists.
- Tomic, Azarenka move into top 16 in Australian Open seedings Updated: Jan-13-16 8:43 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Defending champions and No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams top the Australian Open seedings lists, which follow rankings ahead of the first Grand Slam tournament of 2016.