- St. Louis' mayor seeks to expedite adding 80 new officers Updated: Oct-07-15 11:49 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis' mayor says he's looking to add 80 new police officers in the city as soon as possible to address concerns about St. Louis' rising number of homicides.
- Judge mulls suit's bid to block St. Louis minimum wage boost Updated: Oct-06-15 3:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - A judge on Tuesday began weighing a business-backed lawsuit that seeks to stop St. Louis from incrementally raising its minimum wage, ultimately deciding whether it's legal for the city to have a wage higher than what the state commands.
- Tech firm Square to open St. Louis office, hire 200 Updated: Sep-23-15 10:39 am
ST. LOUIS - The tech company Square has opened an office in St. Louis and plans to hire more than 200 people over the next five years, boosting the city's effort to become a Midwest hub for high-tech businesses.
- New Missouri law ends Kansas City wage hike, bans others Updated: Sep-17-15 8:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A new Missouri law blocking higher local minimum wages has stopped such efforts in Kansas City, although St. Louis still is moving forward with a recently adopted plan for higher pay, city officials said Thursday.
- Mayor: St. Louis' welcoming Syrian refugees 'right thing' Updated: Sep-11-15 8:50 am
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis' mayor says accepting any of the 10,000 Syrian refugees President Barack Obama has announced the U.S. will accept in the coming budget year "is the right thing to do."