- GOP looks to sexual harassment settlement for advantage Updated: Aug-02-15 12:44 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - A $400,000 payment to settle the sexual harassment claims of three current or former state workers played an outsized role in Kentucky's premier political event on Saturday, evidence Republicans believe they can use it to their advantage as they seek to capture the governor's mansion and the state House of Representatives.
- Bevin saves jabs for Fancy Farm at annual political picnic Updated: Aug-01-15 6:34 pm
FANCY FARM, Kentucky - Matt Bevin went to Fancy Farm and brought back a selfie with Mitch McConnell and a T-shirt from James Comer.
- Fancy Farm looks to sports talk radio host as its 2015 emcee Updated: Jul-31-15 1:55 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - If the goal of last year's Fancy Farm picnic was to tone down the crowd, this year's version promises to turn up the volume.
- Opening arguments personal in Kentucky Attorney General race Updated: Jul-30-15 3:47 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Opening arguments in the campaign for Kentucky attorney general are laden with personal attacks, as Democrat Andy Beshear and Republican Whitney Westerfield seek to weaken each other before the November election.
- Ads in Kentucky governor's race focus on Obama Updated: Jul-28-15 10:34 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - New TV ads in Kentucky's race for governor focus not on the candidates but on Democratic President Barack Obama.
- Study sees positive gains from 2012 prescription drug law Updated: Jul-27-15 4:02 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Prescriptions for painkillers and doctor-shopping by pill seekers have decreased since Kentucky passed legislation targeting prescription drug abuse, according to a University of Kentucky study.
- Report: State needs accountability in workforce development Updated: Jul-22-15 4:32 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The government spends $900 million a year to train Kentucky workers, yet just 8 percent of employers say the state's workforce has "good skills" according to a new report from the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
- McConnell to attend Fancy Farm picnic Updated: Jul-21-15 4:09 am
SHEPHERDSVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky Republicans will have their longtime standard-bearer at this year's Fancy Farm picnic.
- McConnell talks up presidential race, mum on governor's race Updated: Jul-20-15 2:59 pm
SHEPHERDSVILLE, Kentucky - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is handicapping next year's presidential race, but the Kentucky Republican didn't mention his home state's pivotal campaign for governor in a speech to a business group.
- 5 questions about Kentucky's Medicaid expansion Updated: Jul-19-15 9:34 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear expanded the state's Medicaid program under the Affordable Care Act. The federal government pays for 100 percent of the expansion until 2017, when state governments begin sharing the cost. Kentucky's state legislature will debate how to pay for that beginning in January.
- Robertson stepping down as Kentucky GOP executive director Updated: Jul-16-15 1:18 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Republican Party of Kentucky will have new leadership four months ahead of a pivotal election for governor.
- TV ads begin in Kentucky's race for governor Updated: Jul-08-15 5:46 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The Republican Governor's Association swooped in to Kentucky governor's race Wednesday with a statewide TV ad intended to boost nominee Matt Bevin as he struggles to keep up with Democrat Jack Conway's fundraising.
- Montana governor has nearly $600K in bank for election bid Updated: Jul-07-15 5:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock now has $596,000 in the bank for his re-election bid, sitting on half a million dollars more than any other candidate for public office in Montana despite raising considerably less money this spring than he did in winter.