- Who will make us laugh during upcoming presidential campaign Updated: Jul-06-15 9:44 am
NEW YORK - A presidential campaign is beginning without late-night television hosts who helped us laugh through past ones, both a cultural loss and an opportunity for new voices.
- Derek Jeter, Jon Stewart named to New Jersey Hall of Fame Updated: Jun-26-15 5:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Former Yankees slugger Derek Jeter and "Daily Show" host Jon Stewart are being enshrined in New Jersey history.
- Noah works South African audiences before 'The Daily Show' Updated: Jun-23-15 11:44 am
JOHANNESBURG - Trevor Noah walked onto the stage and bantered with the South African audience, which whooped in appreciation. That was a cue for the next host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" to launch into a slick riff on the absurdity of high-pitched shrieks of delight.
- A newsman gone astray will return to NBC seeking redemption Updated: Jun-20-15 10:04 am
NEW YORK - In 1974, CBS News anchor Walter Cronkite made a cameo appearance as himself on "The Mary Tyler Moore Show."
- Trump announcement a boon to late-night comics Updated: Jun-17-15 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - He doesn't need the money, but if Donald Trump's presidential campaign falters, late-night comics would surely pass the hat to keep it going.
- Jeb Bush 'slow jams' the news with Fallon Updated: Jun-17-15 12:08 am
NEW YORK - Republican Jeb Bush "slow jammed" the news, told about meeting his wife, offered a guacamole recipe and oddly compared his presidential father and brother during a "Tonight" show appearance.
- Judd Apatow reflects on a life in comedy in new book Updated: Jun-16-15 10:35 am
NEW YORK - The comedy education of Judd Apatow began with unusual access to great comic minds, which he pried for straightforward instruction: How do you tell a joke?
- With shootings on the rise in NYC, is de Blasio vulnerable? Updated: Jun-06-15 6:02 pm
NEW YORK - The screaming tabloid headlines harken a darker, scarier time in New York history.