- Jon Stewart signing off 'Daily Show' fake newscast for real Updated: Jul-30-15 1:31 pm
NEW YORK - After more than 16 years and nearly 2,600 telecasts, Jon Stewart can feel proud of his scads of Emmys and his pair of Peabody Awards, his cultural gravitas (he hung with the Prez, both on and off the air!), even his reprobate status at Fox News.
- A few stellar 'Daily Show' alums (besides Jon Stewart) Updated: Jul-30-15 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - You want a great career in comedy? Start by landing a job as a correspondent on "The Daily Show"! Under Jon Stewart's 16-year-long run as host, it became one of TV's best launching pads.
- 10 of Jon Stewart's highlights from 'The Daily Show' Updated: Jul-30-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - When he leaves Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Aug. 6 after hosting nearly 2,600 episodes, Jon Stewart will have logged too many great moments to count. But here are 10 Stewart highlights - both on and off the show - worth remembering:
- Jon Stewart: Meeting with Obama wasn't a secret Updated: Jul-30-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - Jon Stewart says his "secret" White House meetings with President Barack Obama weren't so secret, and not that big a deal.
- New 'Daily Host' host says tenor will change, not targets Updated: Jul-29-15 4:49 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - Incoming "Daily Show" host Trevor Noah said politics and the media will remain targets of the program but the perspective will be distinctively his.
- Trevor Noah takes on racism, skips politics in standup gig Updated: Jul-29-15 5:28 am
SANTA MONICA, California - In an hour-long comedy set, Trevor Noah hit the kind of social satire notes to be expected of Jon Stewart's "Daily Show" heir.
- Obama tells Jon Stewart: 'We move the ball forward' Updated: Jul-22-15 8:37 am
NEW YORK - Barack Obama shifted from baseball to football to analogize the limitations of meeting his goals as president during an appearance on "The Daily Show" Tuesday.
- Invoking Iraq War, Obama brushes off Iran deal critics Updated: Jul-21-15 1:49 pm
PITTSBURGH - Brushing off his "chest-beating" critics, President Barack Obama accused opponents of the Iran nuclear deal Tuesday of being the same people who rushed the U.S. into an ill-fated war in Iraq. As he sought support for the deal from U.S. veterans, he said the deal's foes were merely popping off soundbites that accomplish nothing.
- Things to know for Tuesday in Pennsylvania Updated: Jul-21-15 10:26 am
A daily look at late-breaking news, coming events and stories that will be talked about in Pennsylvania on Tuesday.
- Jon Stewart heads into home stretch at 'Daily Show' Updated: Jul-20-15 1:11 pm
NEW YORK - Jon Stewart enters the home stretch of his 16 years on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Monday, with 12 more nights of jokes at the expense of those who make and report the news before he signs off for good on Aug. 6.
- Bonding time for Obama, teenage daughters during NYC getaway Updated: Jul-18-15 6:42 pm
NEW YORK - It's inevitable: At some point, teenage kids just aren't that into their parents anymore.
- Obama to appear on 'The Daily Show' as Stewart nears end Updated: Jul-17-15 2:22 pm
NEW YORK - President Obama is booked for his seventh appearance on "The Daily Show" Tuesday as Jon Stewart is beginning his final three weeks as host of the show.
- Broadcast's best on sidelines in Emmy nominations Updated: Jul-16-15 2:40 pm
NEW YORK - A broadcast network is still the best place for a television event to get notice. That holds no sway with Emmy voters, though.
- Who will make us laugh during upcoming presidential campaign Updated: Jul-06-15 9:44 am
NEW YORK - A presidential campaign is beginning without late-night television hosts who helped us laugh through past ones, both a cultural loss and an opportunity for new voices.