- 3 finalists for Thurber Prize for American Humor are women Updated: Aug-24-15 8:07 pm
NEW YORK - Thurber Prize judges have made it official: Women are funny, too.
- 'Daily Show' writer brings central Illinois values to comedy Updated: Aug-24-15 4:04 am
EUREKA, Illinois - Jon Stewart may have bid farewell to "The Daily Show" earlier this month, but a writer with roots in central Illinois is staying on as the late-night comedy show gains a new host and a fresh voice.
- Trump joining long list of celebrities with NYC jury duty Updated: Aug-16-15 3:01 pm
NEW YORK - New York has a star-studded jury pool and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is due to join a long list of celebrities who have made the trip to lower Manhattan to sit with hundreds of others who could be picked to decide trials.
- Showtime president: 'There may be too much good TV' Updated: Aug-14-15 1:22 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The theme song for the annual rollout of fall and winter television shows could have been that cowboy classic "Home on the Range," where "seldom is heard a discouraging word" (seldom, anyway, from the throngs of producers and stars pitching their shows), "and the skies are not cloudy all day" (and even if they were, who would know, since the 17 days of sessions hosted by a vast array of networks were sequestered in the Beverly Hilton's International Ballroom, otherwise the home of such glitzy affairs as the Golden Globes).
- Dolphins' stoic Joe Philbin says he knows how to lighten up Updated: Aug-10-15 7:06 pm
DAVIE, Florida - When Joe Philbin says he has a sense of humor, he's not joking.
- Stewart ends 'Daily Show' with 'moment of Zen,' Springsteen Updated: Aug-07-15 8:29 am
NEW YORK - Jon Stewart said goodbye to "The Daily Show" on Thursday, America's foremost satirist of politicians and the media ushered out by Bruce Springsteen and a reunion of the many colleagues that he worked with during 16 years as host.
- Debate line-up illustrates power of Fox News in GOP campaign Updated: Aug-04-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - Iowa and New Hampshire are still on the horizon - but first there's the Fox primary, and the buildup to this week's first Republican presidential debate shows that the influence of Fox News Channel on the GOP selection process is stronger than ever.
- A few stellar 'Daily Show' alums (besides Jon Stewart) Updated: Jul-30-15 1:28 pm
NEW YORK - You want a great career in comedy? Start by landing a job as a correspondent on "The Daily Show"! Under Jon Stewart's 16-year-long run as host, it became one of TV's best launching pads.
- 10 of Jon Stewart's highlights from 'The Daily Show' Updated: Jul-30-15 12:34 pm
NEW YORK - When he leaves Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" on Aug. 6 after hosting nearly 2,600 episodes, Jon Stewart will have logged too many great moments to count. But here are 10 Stewart highlights - both on and off the show - worth remembering:
- Jon Stewart: Meeting with Obama wasn't a secret Updated: Jul-30-15 11:24 am
NEW YORK - Jon Stewart says his "secret" White House meetings with President Barack Obama weren't so secret, and not that big a deal.