- Uruguayan soccer great Alcides Ghiggia dies at 88 Updated: Jul-16-15 8:20 pm
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Alcides Edgardo Ghiggia, the Uruguayan soccer great who scored the late winning goal in a stunning 2-1 victory over Brazil in the final game of the 1950 World Cup, died Thursday. He was 88.
- Spinning vinyl into art: Recycling records for novelties Updated: Jul-15-15 5:10 am
NEW YORK - These vinyl records give "remaster" a new meaning.
- Reds' Todd Frazier wins All-Star Derby in home park Updated: Jul-13-15 11:37 pm
CINCINNATI - "The Toddfather" has a new title. Todd Frazier - Little League World Series star, Frank Sinatra aficionado - is baseball's new King of Swing.
- The Latest: Donaldson eliminates Rizzo from Home Run Derby Updated: Jul-13-15 8:39 pm
CINCINNATI - Here are the latest developments from baseball's All-Star Game festivities in Cincinnati, where sluggers will compete in the Home Run Derby on Monday night before Tuesday's game to decide home field advantage in the World Series (all times local):
- Longtime Hollywood producer Jerry Weintraub dies at 77 Updated: Jul-06-15 10:20 pm
NEW YORK - One of the last of the classic Hollywood showmen, Jerry Weintraub built his show business empire on a Rolodex and chutzpah.