- EPA: Clean water rule in effect despite court ruling Updated: Aug-28-15 3:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency says it is going forward with a new federal rule to protect small streams, tributaries and wetlands, despite a court ruling that blocked the measure in 13 central and Western states.
- Senators: More must be done to prevent future wildfires Updated: Aug-27-15 8:10 pm
SEATTLE - As Washington and other Western states battle huge blazes this summer, two U.S. senators said at a field hearing in Seattle that more needs to be done to prepare for and help prevent future wildfires.
- Documents: Workers had no way to issue warning after spill Updated: Aug-27-15 3:38 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Members of a federal cleanup crew were initially trapped and unable to warn downstream communities that they had accidentally unleashed toxic waste water from a Colorado gold mine, according to government documents released Thursday.
- Wyoming brings out the big guns for coal hearing Updated: Aug-13-15 7:25 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - Wyoming brought out the big guns for Thursday's hearing in Gillette on whether to charge coal companies more to mine on federal lands.
- Obama climate change plan criticized by Wyoming leaders Updated: Aug-03-15 6:34 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The latest version of the Obama administration's plan to fight climate change won't work as promised and instead will drive up electricity rates and cost jobs, Wyoming's governor and congressional delegation said Monday.