- The Latest: Japan mulls sanctions after NKorea launch Updated: Feb-07-16 11:28 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The Latest on North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket (all times local):
- French activists denounce abuse of authority after attacks Updated: Feb-05-16 6:44 am
PARIS - French police have rounded up hundreds of suspects and searched more than 3,000 homes under a state of emergency since the November extremist attacks on Paris - but much of the action involves drug cases or similar crime, not terrorism.
- Castro meets with French officials to boost business ties Updated: Feb-02-16 1:47 pm
PARIS - Cuban President Raul Castro held a series of meetings with senior French officials on Tuesday, the second day of a state visit to France aimed at boosting business ties between the two countries.
- Car-making deals, protests greet Iranian president in Paris Updated: Jan-28-16 3:09 pm
PARIS - France's government welcomed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Thursday with promises of a new beginning in an old relationship, starting with investments to boost Iran's flagging economy that has been crippled by decades of sanctions.
- The Latest: France, Iran sign trade deals Updated: Jan-28-16 1:46 pm
PARIS - The Latest on Iranian President Hassan Rouhani's visit to Europe (all times local):
- French justice chief resigns amid flap over terrorism bill Updated: Jan-27-16 10:26 am
PARIS - France's charismatic justice minister unexpectedly resigned Wednesday after objecting to President Francois Hollande's push to revoke citizenship from convicted terrorists with dual nationality.
- Iran signs flurry of business deals as leader visits Europe Updated: Jan-26-16 11:55 am
MILAN - Iran is signing business deals across Europe as its president embarks on a tour of the region to restore contacts after years of economic sanctions and international isolation.
- France's Hollande views Indian Republic Day parade Updated: Jan-26-16 10:45 am
NEW DELHI - French President Francois Hollande was wrapping up a three-day visit to India on Tuesday by watching an elaborate display of Indian military hardware and marching bands in India's Republic Day celebrations.
- Iranian president Rouhani begins 4-day European visit Updated: Jan-25-16 4:56 pm
ROME - Italy's premier said Monday that Iranian President Hassan Rouhani, kicking off the first state visit to Europe by an Iranian president in nearly two decades, "can play a fundamental role in the stability" of the Middle East.
- EU police warn that more attacks by IS militants are likely Updated: Jan-25-16 2:01 pm
PARIS - Europe's top police agency issued a stark warning Monday: Islamic State extremists will keep attempting lethal attacks on soft targets in Europe as the militant group increasingly goes global.
- The Latest: Essebsi warns IS could sneak into Tunisia Updated: Jan-22-16 3:03 pm
TUNIS, Tunisia - The latest developments on unrest in Tunisia. All times local:
- Renzi confident time is right for Rome to host Olympics Updated: Jan-21-16 12:41 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi believes Rome's time has finally come to host the Olympics again.
- France says airstrikes against Islamic State will accelerate Updated: Jan-21-16 6:21 am
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande says airstrikes against Islamic State extremists will accelerate in coming months.
- The Latest: Italian bishop says Burkina Faso is worried Updated: Jan-16-16 1:50 pm
OUAGADOUGOU, Burkina Faso - The latest developments in the assault of a hotel by al-Qaida-linked gunmen in Burkina Faso's capital. All times are local:
- French president, rocker honor 2015 attack victims Updated: Jan-10-16 12:42 pm
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande and other dignitaries held a special ceremony Sunday to honor all those killed in Islamic extremist violence around Paris in 2015 - a year when the European way of life was targeted time and again with deadly consequences.