- France, Saudi Arabia deepen alliance with 10B euros in deals Updated: Oct-13-15 2:02 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - France has signed deals worth 10 billion euros ($11.4 billion) with Saudi Arabia, said French Prime Minister Manuel Valls on Tuesday, underscoring the shared foreign policy stances that have helped deepen the two countries' military and economic ties.
- The Latest: Nobel chair hopes prize may be example to Libya Updated: Oct-09-15 8:51 am
OSLO, Norway - The latest developments in the awarding of the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize. All times local.
- Germany and France try to turn tide of European skepticism Updated: Oct-07-15 2:06 pm
STRASBOURG, France - French President Francois Hollande and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, in a highly unusual bid to heal divisions within the EU, urged European lawmakers on Wednesday to pull together to create a stronger Europe to cope with the influx of migrants that is raising tensions and dangerously straining the union.
- The Latest: US aircraft rerouted over Syria, avoids Russians Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 pm
BEIRUT - The latest developments after Syrian troops, emboldened by Russian airstrikes, launch a ground offensive against insurgents (all times local).
- Russian, Ukrainian leaders hold talks in Paris Updated: Oct-02-15 5:24 pm
PARIS - A summit reviving a European push to bring peace to eastern Ukraine ended Friday with a call for the delay of contentious rebel plans to hold local elections this month and for both sides to begin a promised withdrawal of smaller-caliber weapons.
- News Guide: A look at the UN General Assembly Updated: Sep-28-15 8:35 am
UNITED NATIONS - The annual U.N. General Assembly ministerial meeting is always a major event, but this year's is extraordinary. It could bring a record number of world leaders, including Russian President Vladimir Putin, who hasn't attended in years. Most of the attention will be on Putin and President Barack Obama who will have their own separate meeting in New York at a time of tensions over Russia's military involvement in Syria.
- War on IS a focus of UN General Assembly amid stalemate Updated: Sep-27-15 11:15 pm
NEW YORK - When world leaders convene for the U.N. General Assembly this week, it will be a year since the U.S. president declared the formation of an international coalition to "degrade and ultimately destroy" the Islamic State group.
- France carries out airstrikes in Syria against Islamic State Updated: Sep-27-15 1:40 pm
PARIS - Six French jet fighters targeted and destroyed an Islamic State training camp in eastern Syria in a five-hour operation on Sunday, President Francois Hollande announced, making good on a promise to go after the group that he has said is planning attacks against several countries, including France.
- Egypt buys 2 warships from France, 2nd big military purchase Updated: Sep-23-15 1:16 pm
PARIS - Egypt has agreed to buy two assault ships from France, the French government said Wednesday, dramatically increasing its capabilities on- and off-shore as the country tries to assume a more prominent role against Islamic State militants.
- Frenemies: Tense undercurrents for US-China state dinner Updated: Sep-22-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - It's never good when tension is on the dinner menu.
- Cantona offers shelter to migrants Updated: Sep-22-15 12:58 pm
Former Manchester United star Eric Cantona says he will make one of his homes available to migrants arriving in France.
- Obama: Trio who thwarted train attack are 'best of America' Updated: Sep-17-15 11:09 pm
WASHINGTON - This time, they suited up.
- Value of anti-IS airstrikes in Syria debated as France joins Updated: Sep-15-15 1:38 pm
PARIS - French lawmakers are debating the decision to join a military air campaign over Syria, raising new questions about what a year of U.S.-led bombing of the Islamic State group has accomplished.
- White House rolling out red carpet for Pope Francis Updated: Sep-14-15 4:05 am
WASHINGTON - When Pope Francis arrives on his first-ever visit to the United States, he will be welcomed in a way that few world leaders have: with President Barack Obama waiting at the bottom of the airplane stairs to greet him.