- Germany open to new 4-way Ukraine summit Updated: Aug-31-15 10:40 am
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel says she's open to holding a new summit with the leaders of Russia, Ukraine and France but that there would have to be hope of progress for it to make sense.
- Leaders discuss possible new Ukraine summit, France says Updated: Aug-29-15 11:37 am
BERLIN - The leaders of France, Germany and Russia have spoken by phone and are exploring the possibility of a summit with Ukraine's president about the conflict in the country's east.
- Correction: France-Stopping the Wolves story Updated: Aug-29-15 5:28 am
PARIS - In a story Aug. 24 about terrorist attacks, The Associated Press incorrectly reported the percentage of attacks for which extremist groups have claimed responsibility. Extremist groups have claimed responsibility for only 35 percent of attacks that can be attributed to them, not 65 percent.
- UN refugee chief seeks better EU cooperation on migrants Updated: Aug-26-15 4:18 pm
GENEVA - The Europe Union's asylum system is "completely dysfunctional," the head of the U.N. refugee agency said Wednesday, urging the bloc to better coordinate its response to the influx of thousands of refugees fleeing violence in Africa and the Middle East.
- Moogalian recounts train attack in French magazine interview Updated: Aug-26-15 3:04 pm
PARIS - The first inkling Mark Moogalian had that something was amiss on a high-speed train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris was when he saw a man dragging his suitcase into the bathroom.
- Oregon guardsman who helped stop train attack to be honored Updated: Aug-25-15 11:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Aleksander Skarlatos, one of three Americans who subdued a heavily armed gunman on a Paris-bound train, will be awarded one of the U.S. Army's highest honors.
- 5 things to know about France's most storied medal Updated: Aug-24-15 1:49 pm
PARIS - Three Americans and a British businessman were awarded France's highest decoration, the Legion of Honor, or Legion d'Honneur, Monday for subduing a gunman on a high-speed train carrying hundreds of passengers to Paris.
- The Latest: French official confirms ID of train attacker Updated: Aug-22-15 3:09 pm
The latest on the gunman who was subdued by passengers after opening fire at a train traveling from Amsterdam to Paris (all times local Paris time):
- Egypt unveils Suez Canal extension with pomp-filled ceremony Updated: Aug-06-15 5:22 pm
ISMAILIA, Egypt - In a defining moment of his young presidency, Egypt's Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi presided Thursday over the unveiling of a major extension of the Suez Canal that he hailed as a historic feat needed to revive the country's ailing economy after years of unrest.