- UK leader pledges to send help to France to control migrants Updated: Jul-31-15 8:22 am
LONDON - Prime Minister David Cameron offered Friday to send sniffer dogs and fencing to help control the surge in migrants trying to cross into Britain, pledging to work closely with French authorities to get a grip on the crisis.
- Kremlin says Russia and France agree on refund for Mistral Updated: Jul-30-15 12:55 pm
MOSCOW - A Kremlin aide says Russia and France have agreed on a refund amount for an undelivered French warship.
- Iran, France talk of 'new era' in ties after nuclear deal Updated: Jul-29-15 10:33 am
TEHRAN, Iran - France sought Wednesday to relaunch diplomatic ties with Iran in the hope of boosting business in the country, following a key nuclear deal between Tehran and world powers reached earlier this month.
- AP Interview: UN climate chief: Paris to set 50-year agenda Updated: Jul-22-15 11:40 am
PARIS - The December climate change conference in Paris is the last chance for a meaningful agreement that would offer hope for a planet at risk due to greenhouse gases, U.N. climate chief Christiana Figueres said Wednesday.
- Birmingham mayor: Pleased to back pope's call to end slavery Updated: Jul-21-15 10:44 am
VATICAN CITY - The latest developments at the Vatican's meeting of mayors on fighting climate change and human trafficking. All times local.
- Tributes pour in for Formula 1 driver Jules Bianchi Updated: Jul-18-15 1:30 pm
NICE, France - Tributes poured in for French driver Jules Bianchi, who died from injuries sustained in a head-on crash during the Japanese Grand Prix last October.
- On the brink, EU leaders clinched bailout deal - with an SMS Updated: Jul-16-15 2:22 pm
BRUSSELS - As dawn broke in Brussels on Monday, Europe's frazzled leaders gazed into an abyss: the looming exit of Greece from a common currency that symbolized European unity.
- Hollande calls on Iran to help in Syrian conflict Updated: Jul-14-15 9:34 am
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande has called on Iran for help in the Syrian conflict during a Bastille Day speech in which he praised a landmark Iranian nuclear agreement.
- Greece's Tsipras short on allies as he tries to avoid ruin Updated: Jul-08-15 12:12 pm
BERLIN - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras has stretched his EU partners' patience to the limit with months of missteps and contradictory moves and now, having just four days to save his country from ruin, is finding his list of allies is short.
- What's next, as Greece stumbles toward euro exit Updated: Jul-06-15 11:47 pm
FRANKFURT, Germany - Greece is at the last chance saloon, thirsty and out of credit. Next stop could be the badlands of euro exit.
- French president talks Boko Haram in Cameroon Updated: Jul-03-15 4:49 pm
YAOUNDE, Cameroon - French President Francois Hollande promised intensified military cooperation with Cameroon in the fight against Boko Haram during a visit to the West African country on Friday.
- WikiLeaks' Assange seeks asylum in France; president says no Updated: Jul-03-15 8:40 am
PARIS - WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has failed in a bid to win asylum in France.
- French president starts 2-day visit to Africa Updated: Jul-02-15 9:22 am
COTONOU, Benin - French President Francois Hollande has begun a two-day visit to Africa where he will hold talks with the leaders of Benin, Angola and Cameroon.