- Ex-Oilers boss Eakins feels at home coaching San Diego Gulls Updated: Oct-10-15 2:38 am
SAN DIEGO - There are far worse places to coach minor league hockey than sunny San Diego.
- A look at each potential World Series matchup Updated: Oct-09-15 2:31 am
With four teams remaining in each league, there are 16 possible matchups for the World Series. We could wait and see who makes it, but what fun is that?
- Before McDavid, others wore "The Next One" label Updated: Oct-07-15 3:41 am
Wayne Gretzky was "The Great One" and Mario Lemieux was "The Magnificent One."
- English soccer club apologizes for botching Gretzky's name Updated: Sep-25-15 4:45 pm
LONDON - Tottenham of the English Premier League has apologized to Wayne Gretzky for giving the hockey superstar a soccer jersey with his name misspelled.
- Now 30, Alex Ovechkin says it's time for Capitals 'to do it' Updated: Sep-18-15 5:51 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - A day after turning 30, Alex Ovechkin opened training camp with the Washington Capitals for his 11th NHL season.
- 'Being Canadian' filmmaker Rob Cohen passes AP's Canuck test Updated: Sep-14-15 10:17 am
LOS ANGELES - In "Being Canadian," Los Angeles-based comedy writer and director Rob Cohen seeks to dispel, or at least poke fun at, some of the canards about being a Canuck. A native of Calgary, Cohen takes a cross-country road trip, tackles the assumption that all Canadians are "nice," examines their perennial inferiority complex toward the U.S., and unravels why for much of its history, the Canadian Football League had only eight names for its nine teams.
- Oilers hope McDavid can restore franchise's glory days Updated: Sep-11-15 3:39 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - Minutes before Connor McDavid hit the ice for practice, members of the newly formed Edmonton Oilers' brain trust were already in their seats some 20 rows up in Section 116 at Rexall Place.