- Germany cites free speech amid Polish ire at Carnival float Updated: Feb-10-16 11:53 am
BERLIN - The German government rejected a suggestion Wednesday that it might take action over a Carnival float that drew the ire of Poland's government this week.
- Poland to ask Germany about satirical Carnival float Updated: Feb-09-16 9:44 am
WARSAW, Poland - The Polish government has taken offense at a German Carnival float that satirizes the country's ruling party leader, Jaroslaw Kaczynski, and plans to raise the matter with the German government, Poland's foreign minister said Tuesday.
- Divisive Polish party leader Kaczynski pulls the strings Updated: Feb-07-16 8:37 am
WARSAW, Poland - When Hungary's prime minister had a secret five-hour meeting in a secluded mountain resort with the most powerful person in Poland, he didn't convene with his counterpart or the Polish president.
- Poland says it wins protection for Poles in British EU deal Updated: Feb-05-16 11:44 am
WARSAW, Poland - British Prime Minister David Cameron found support Friday for a renegotiated deal with the European Union from Poland and Denmark, marking a positive start to a two-week tour of European capitals aimed at winning over European partners to his plans for a looser union with the bloc.
- Poland reopens probe into 2010 crash that killed president Updated: Feb-04-16 12:22 pm
WARSAW, Poland - Poland's government opened a new investigation Thursday into the 2010 plane crash in Russia that killed President Lech Kaczynski, with the defense minister saying that evidence pointing to Russian involvement was covered up in an earlier probe.