- Cameron: UK must attack IS in Syria to deny group safe haven Updated: Nov-26-15 1:59 pm
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron urged skeptical lawmakers to back airstrikes on the Islamic State group in Syria, saying Thursday that the Paris attacks have given the fight new urgency and Britain owes it to key allies to act.
- Showtime documetary collects all of the former CIA chiefs Updated: Nov-25-15 10:59 am
NEW YORK - After making a documentary about presidential chiefs of staff two years ago, filmmaker Jules Naudet joked about focusing on another important government job where it would seem next to impossible to get interview subjects to speak candidly, if at all.
- Analysis: Mideast chaos, violence won't end with IS defeat Updated: Nov-23-15 3:11 am
WASHINGTON - The chaos and violence gripping the Middle East are not likely to evaporate even if the forces arrayed against the Islamic State group manage to crush the brutal army and its drive to establish an Islamic caliphate in Iraq and Syria and beyond.
- Officials: IS determined to produce chemical weapons Updated: Nov-19-15 11:54 am
BAGHDAD - The Islamic State group is aggressively pursuing development of chemical weapons, setting up a branch dedicated to research and experiments with the help of scientists from Iraq, Syria and elsewhere in the region, according to Iraqi and U.S. intelligence officials.
- Iraqi dignitaries attend funeral of Ahmad Chalabi Updated: Nov-04-15 5:42 am
BAGHDAD - Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi and other senior Iraqi dignitaries are paying final respects to prominent politician Ahmad Chalabi.
- Iraq's Ahmad Chalabi, leading voice behind 2003 war, dies Updated: Nov-03-15 12:17 pm
BAGHDAD - Ahmad Chalabi, a prominent Iraqi politician who became a Pentagon favorite when he helped convince the Bush administration to overthrow Saddam Hussein in 2003 by pushing false allegations of weapons of mass destruction and links to al-Qaida, died Tuesday of a heart attack. He was 71.
- UN chief condemns Iraq attack killing 26 Iranian refugees Updated: Oct-30-15 2:02 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is condemning the attack at an Iraqi camp housing Iranian refugees that killed at least 26 people and wounded many more.