- In Iraq's battle for Fallujah, residents gird for long fight Updated: May-27-16 3:07 pm
BAGHDAD - Five days into an Iraqi military operation to push Islamic State fighters out of Fallujah, residents still inside the city are preparing for a long battle, with some saying they fear being trapped between two forces they don't fully trust.
- Tony Blair says defeating IS requires 'proper ground war' Updated: May-24-16 9:02 am
LONDON - The Islamic State group will be defeated only with a ground war involving Western troops, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair said Tuesday.
- Mourning in Sadr City, Baghdad's deadliest district Updated: May-18-16 2:08 pm
BAGHDAD - Among the dozens killed when a truck bomb struck a crowded market last week in Baghdad's Sadr City were two brothers, the only sons of Talib Jassum Issa, who got the news in a phone call just minutes after the attack.
- Newsletters released from secretive National Security Agency Updated: May-17-16 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - In-house newsletters from the clandestine National Security Agency have been released by an online news site - part of the mountain of documents leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.
- UK Supreme Court blocks damages for Iraqi civilians Updated: May-12-16 3:52 pm
LONDON - Britain's Supreme Court has blocked damage claims in a series of test cases brought by Iraqi civilians who allege they were mistreated by British soldiers Iraq between 2003 and 2009.
- Under reform mantle, Shiite cleric fractures Iraqi politics Updated: May-10-16 5:53 am
BAGHDAD - After more than a decade of dipping in and out of Iraqi politics, Muqtada al-Sadr, the young Shiite cleric who first made his name fighting U.S. forces in post-2003 Iraq, is leveraging his enduring popular appeal to again roil Iraq's political order.
- UK's long-delayed Iraq War report to be published July 6 Updated: May-09-16 12:44 pm
LONDON - A long-delayed report on Britain's involvement in the Iraq war will be published July 6, seven years after the inquiry began, officials said Monday.
- UN envoy warns that Iraq's political crisis helps extremists Updated: May-06-16 5:54 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The top U.N. envoy in Iraq strongly urged the country's political leaders and civil society on Friday to work together to resolve the current political deadlock, warning that the ongoing crisis and chaos are only serving the interests of Islamic State extremists.
- Biden presses Iraq to not let political chaos upend gains Updated: Apr-28-16 5:39 pm
BAGHDAD - Vice President Joe Biden pressed Iraq on Thursday not to let its crippling political crisis upend hard-fought gains against the Islamic State group as he returned to the country that's come to symbolize America's relentless struggles in the Middle East.
- The Latest: Biden leaves Iraq, next stop Rome Updated: Apr-28-16 5:35 pm
BAGHDAD - The Latest on Vice President Joe Biden's visit to Iraq (all times local):