- Toews On Ice wins William Walker by 2 lengths at Churchill Updated: Apr-30-16 9:52 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Toews On Ice took command at the top of the stretch and went on to a two-length victory over Entertainer in the $100,000 William Walker for 3-year-olds on a rainy opening night of the spring meet at Churchill Downs on Saturday.
- Blackhawks positioned for more success next season Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
CHICAGO - No June hockey for the Chicago Blackhawks this year. Heck, even May is a blank slate.
- Brouwer puts Blues over top, Blackhawks eliminated Updated: Apr-26-16 12:51 am
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Blues acquired Troy Brouwer for moments like this, dealing fan favorite T.J. Oshie to Washington for some badly needed veteran presence.
- Shaw's smile requires no lip-reading as Game 7 looms Updated: Apr-24-16 2:19 am
CHICAGO - No lip-reading was required this time to gauge Andrew Shaw's mood.
- Blackhawks force Game 7 with 6-3 victory over Blues Updated: Apr-24-16 12:26 am
CHICAGO - Dale Weise struggled after he was traded to Chicago in February. Then he was a healthy scratch for the playoff opener.
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Updated: Apr-21-16 4:53 pm
When the Philadelphia Flyers hired Dave Hakstol as coach last summer, T.J. Oshie was surprised.
- Tarasenko scoring touch key to Blues' 3-1 series lead Updated: Apr-20-16 7:21 pm
ST. LOUIS - Vladimir Tarasenko usually takes it easy on Brian Elliott in practice.
- Age-old question: Is Panarin too old to be NHL's top rookie? Updated: Apr-13-16 2:38 am
The NHL has once before made a significant change to its rookie of the year rules by establishing an age limit after 31-year-old Sergei Makarov won the Calder Trophy in 1990.
- Blackhawks expect physical first-round series against Blues Updated: Apr-11-16 5:43 pm
- Elliott No. 1 goalie for Blues entering playoffs Updated: Apr-11-16 4:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - This time of year, goalie Brian Elliott is usually an afterthought for the St. Louis Blues. Come playoff time, they have leaned on the likes of Jaroslav Halak, Ryan Miller and Jake Allen.
- EXCHANGE: Illinois NHL official retires after 1,500 games Updated: Apr-11-16 9:25 am
CRYSTAL LAKE, Illinois - When the final horn sounded at the United Center on April 3, the Blackhawks and Bruins formed a long line at center ice. One by one, Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews and Zdeno Chara and Patrice Bergeron and the rest of the players from both teams took their turn shaking hands with the linesman, Andy McElman.
- Blackhawks prepare for playoffs after loss to Columbus Updated: Apr-09-16 11:36 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Chicago Blackhawks quickly shook off a tough loss at Columbus and turned their focus to the playoffs.
- Streaking Blackhawks pound Coyotes 6-2 Updated: Apr-06-16 12:24 am
CHICAGO - Antoine Vermette was greeted warmly in his return to Chicago on Tuesday night after helping the Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup last year.