- West Virginia features packed ballot for 2016 election Updated: Feb-03-16 1:58 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The ballot is almost set for a pivotal election in West Virginia.
- Coal executive demands tax break for industry in free-fall Updated: Jan-27-16 4:42 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The chief executive of one of the nation's largest coal producers, Murray Energy, made an emotional call Wednesday for steep cuts in state mining taxes to support an industry in free-fall.
- Murray urges bigger cut than West Virginia governor laid out Updated: Jan-26-16 5:29 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin plans to give struggling coal producers a break by dropping a tax used to pay off a workers' compensation debt.
- The Latest: West Virginia lawmakers return following storm Updated: Jan-25-16 12:27 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The latest on the aftermath of the snowstorm in West Virginia (all times local):
- Governor's budget suggests hikes on tobacco, phone taxes Updated: Jan-13-16 8:15 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - As the struggling coal industry and low natural gas prices continue to hurt state tax revenues, West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin is proposing to balance the budget by raising taxes on tobacco products, starting to tax phone usage and tapping into state reserves for a third time in three years.