- West Virginia House kills tobacco tax hike, stymieing budget Updated: May-24-16 5:01 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - The West Virginia House of Delegates killed a key tax hike on cigarettes and other tobacco products Tuesday, blowing up negotiations between the GOP-led Legislature and Democratic Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin in a critical budget session.
- West Virginia anti-tax lawmakers shape talks in dire budget Updated: May-21-16 11:22 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Republican leaders in West Virginia's House of Delegates face a hurdle in a likely tobacco tax vote: 25 of the chamber's 100 lawmakers have signed pledges not to raise taxes under almost all circumstances.
- Secretary of State Natalie Tennant wins Democratic primary Updated: May-11-16 12:00 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A look at some other primary races in West Virginia:
- Election guide: West Virginia heads to the primary polls Updated: May-09-16 1:05 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginians are heading to the polls for a packed primary election with presidential contests, a Democratic showdown for governor and a crowded winner-take-all state Supreme Court race.
- Bill Clinton stumps for wife in southern West Virginia Updated: May-01-16 4:30 pm
LOGAN, West Virginia - Former President Bill Clinton drew boos and shouts from the crowd as he made a campaign stop in West Virginia coal country ahead of the state's May 10 presidential primary.
- News Guide: A look at other primary races in West Virginia Updated: Apr-30-16 11:36 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - They're not running for president, governor, Congress or the state Supreme Court, yet some candidates in West Virginia's May 10 primary are hoping for the chance to earn their party's nominations for several statewide offices. Here is a summary of those races:
- West Virginia Gov. Tomblin endorses Clinton for president Updated: Apr-29-16 4:42 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - West Virginia Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin is endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.