- Q&A: What's next in the Dennis Hastert hush-money case Updated: Jun-02-15 11:28 am
CHICAGO - The federal judge presiding over former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert's hush-money case donated money to the then-Illinois congressman, but he has not said whether he'll recuse himself. That's one of several outstanding issues as Hastert prepares to appear in court on the charges next week.
- Records: Hastert judge gave money to ex-speaker's campaign Updated: Jun-01-15 5:40 pm
CHICAGO - Federal records indicate the judge overseeing the hush-money case of former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert donated $1,500 to the then-Illinois congressman's re-election campaigns.
- House GOP leader: Premature for House to investigate Hastert Updated: Jun-01-15 11:30 am
WASHINGTON - It would be premature for the House to probe whether former Speaker Dennis Hastert committed any wrongdoing while still in office, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy said Monday.
- Latest on Hastert: Boehner 'shocked' by reports Updated: May-29-15 7:26 pm
6:15 p.m. (CDT)
- Hastert rose to speakership among the scandals of others Updated: May-29-15 7:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Dennis Hastert's career as House speaker both arose and ended amid the sex-related scandals of others.
- Timeline of the career of ex-US House Speaker Dennis Hastert Updated: May-28-15 11:43 pm
CHICAGO - A federal grand jury has accused former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert of agreeing to pay $3.5 million in hush money to keep an unidentified person silent about "prior misconduct" by the Illinois Republican. Before the indictment handed down Thursday, Hastert was remarkable for being a little-known state lawmaker from suburban Chicago who eventually rose to the third-highest office in the land.