- MadBum with the bat and no DH was an easy call for Bochy Updated: Jun-30-16 11:10 pm
OAKLAND, California - Bruce Bochy all but had his mind made up days ago: Madison Bumgarner would hit in an AL ballpark for interleague rather than using a designated hitter.
- Fernandez fans 13 and Marlins take series from Cubs, 6-1 Updated: Jun-26-16 5:59 pm
MIAMI - When Jose Fernandez reached second base with a standup double, he looked to his dugout, pulled up his right sleeve and flexed his biceps.
- Reds retires Pete Rose's number, finally beat Padres 3-0 Updated: Jun-26-16 5:18 pm
CINCINNATI - The only thing missing from Pete Rose's gala was a win by the Reds. Their top starter took care of it.
- Cardinals beat Arrieta, Cubs 7-2 to complete 3-game sweep Updated: Jun-22-16 6:46 pm
CHICAGO - When the St. Louis Cardinals arrived at Wrigley Field for a three-game series, manager Mike Matheny shook off questions about their 12 1/2-game deficit to the surging Cubs by insisting he avoids looking at the standings.
- Walker, Conforto return and back Colon as Mets beat Bucs 6-4 Updated: Jun-17-16 12:23 am
NEW YORK - Two hitters got healthy and Bartolo Colon kept his fans happy. All in all, a rollicking night for the New York Mets at Citi Field.
- Colby Lewis loses no-hit bid in 9th, Rangers beat A's Updated: Jun-16-16 7:31 pm
OAKLAND, California - When the ball left Max Muncy's bat leading off the ninth inning, Colby Lewis thought it was another fly that would move him one out closer to a no-hitter.
- Nationals outlast Cubs in 12 innings, 5-4 Updated: Jun-15-16 9:38 pm
- Cubs' Maddon intrigued about idea of pitchers in HR Derby Updated: Jun-12-16 3:31 pm
ATLANTA - Cubs manager Joe Maddon is intrigued about having pitchers, including Chicago ace Jake Arrieta, compete in the All-Star Home Run Derby.
- Corbin, Diamondbacks end Arrieta's win streak, beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:52 pm
CHICAGO - Patrick Corbin knew what he was up against, with the Diamondbacks trying to snap Jake Arrieta's historic win streak and avoid a sweep by the major league-leading Cubs.
- Arrieta's win streak ends at 20, Diamondbacks beat Cubs 3-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 7:13 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta had been winning at such a remarkable rate it was almost jarring to see the reigning NL Cy Young Award winner lose a game.
- Big leaguers may balk at Olympic baseball Updated: Jun-03-16 2:25 am
Baseball appears set to return to the Olympics for the 2020 Tokyo Games. Major leaguers may balk.
- Hendricks sharp, Cubs break loose with 4 HRs, beat Dodgers Updated: Jun-02-16 6:41 pm
CHICAGO - Kyle Hendricks is suddenly pitching deep into games and dominating while he's doing it. His latest outing was about as impressive as the complete game he threw in his previous start.
- Cubs dominate early NL All-Star voting Updated: Jun-02-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - Addison Russell got an update on the All-Star voting from his wife, Melisa. "She was making me blush a little bit," a grinning Russell said.