- Pirates make 4 errors, 6-game win streak ends, fall to Reds Updated: May-01-16 7:34 pm
PITTSBURGH - Despite three late comebacks, the Pirates' chances of extending their winning streak couldn't endure some shoddy defense.
- Schebler, Reds end 6-game skid, beat Pirates in 11th Updated: May-01-16 7:24 pm
PITTSBURGH - Scott Schebler's first turn at deciding the game didn't stick. So he did it again.
- Arrieta wins 16th straight decision as Cubs beat Brewers 7-2 Updated: Apr-28-16 9:14 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta's bid for a second straight no-hitter was dashed on his fifth pitch. His Wrigley Field scoreless streak ended at 52 2/3 innings.
- Windy City Surge: Cubs, White Sox have MLB's best records Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 am
CHICAGO - Robin Ventura remembers the excitement in New York when the Mets and Yankees faced off in the World Series, and he can imagine what it would be like in Chicago if both teams made it.
- Jake Arrieta waits as Brewers and Cubs postponed by rain Updated: Apr-27-16 8:31 pm
CHICAGO - Jake Arrieta will have to wait another day for his chance to match Johnny Vander Meer.
- Early ups and downs a familiar feeling for Tigers Updated: Apr-25-16 2:57 am
The pattern is a familiar one for Detroit manager Brad Ausmus: The Tigers start the season brilliantly and look like they might be one of the best teams in baseball, then they fall back toward .500 just as quickly.
- Mat Latos improves to 4-0 as White Sox beat Rangers 4-1 Updated: Apr-24-16 6:59 pm
CHICAGO - Mat Latos felt he could've done better. Still, it was good enough to maintain his remarkable start.
- Rizzo's 2 homers, 4 RBIs lead Cubs to 9-0 rout of Reds Updated: Apr-24-16 5:53 pm
CINCINNATI - Anthony Rizzo's sessions with Chicago Cubs assistant hitting coach Eric Hinske are starting to pay off.
- Jake Arrieta reaching new heights, along with his Cubs team Updated: Apr-22-16 9:37 pm
CINCINNATI - The Cubs got together in one of their hotel rooms and threw a pizza party to celebrate Jake Arrieta's second no-hitter. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but it's the best they could do after midnight.
- Cubs' Arrieta throwing no-hitter vs Reds through 8 innings Updated: Apr-22-16 7:22 am
- After delay, Cardinals beat Cubs 5-3 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-20-16 9:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis right-hander Carlos Martinez is ready to show his appreciation to outfielder Randal Grichuk.
- New home clubhouse opens to rousing reviews from Cubs Updated: Apr-11-16 8:57 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago Cubs are looking good. And with a spiffy new clubhouse, so is their beloved ballpark.
- Arrieta homers, pitches 7 innings to lead Cubs over Arizona Updated: Apr-10-16 8:48 pm
PHOENIX - The Chicago Cubs are finally leaving the West Coast after almost two months of spring training and a half-dozen real games, and they're headed home in high spirits.
- Heaney can't stop the bleeding, Angels lose 6-1 to Cubs Updated: Apr-06-16 3:00 am
ANAHEIM, California - Andrew Heaney had to make a pit stop in the dugout after throwing his first pitch of the second inning because his nose was bleeding.
- Opening day: Flurries early in Pittsburgh, flag up in KC Updated: Apr-04-16 12:39 am
Cardinals leadoff man Matt Carpenter walked up to the plate, shook hands with the umpire, greeted the Pittsburgh catcher and got comfortable in the batter's box.