- Roger Federer has knee surgery, will skip 2 tournaments Updated: Feb-03-16 8:18 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Roger Federer has had knee surgery and will miss tournaments in Rotterdam and Dubai this month.
- True or not, match-fixing reports overshadow Australian Open Updated: Jan-28-16 7:44 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - The "Happy Slam" got off to a somber start when allegations of match-fixing in tennis overshadowed the opening day of play at the Australian Open.
- Djokovic, Williams win Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-28-16 7:35 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Like Serena Williams before him, Novak Djokovic moved into another Australian Open championship decider with a relatively untroubled semifinal win.
- The Latest: Djokovic beats Federer to reach Australian final Updated: Jan-28-16 6:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The Latest from the Australian Open on Thursday (all times local):
- Federer vs Djokovic in Australian Open semifinals Updated: Jan-26-16 8:46 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Novak Djokovic has a larger than life presence at the Australian Open.
- Meet the young Canadians poised for breakout at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-26-16 6:21 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Growing up in Quebec City, Felix Auger Aliassime learned to play from his father, a tennis instructor who had emigrated from Togo in West Africa. It wasn't until he saw Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play their classic Wimbledon final in 2008, though, that he fell in love with the game.
- Roger Federer's wisdom on tennis and life for his kids Updated: Jan-25-16 9:00 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Over the course of his celebrated career, Roger Federer has acquired wisdom on the tennis courts that translates to life lessons which he hopes his children can learn from.
- Brady-Manning among the best rivalries in sports Updated: Jan-22-16 10:48 am
Tom Brady has more championship rings. Peyton Manning has nearly all the passing records.
- Lleyton Hewitt retires in farewell at Australian Open Updated: Jan-21-16 10:17 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Baseball cap turned backward, pumping himself up with cries of "C'MON!" Lleyton Hewitt fought one last feisty encounter. Then he gathered his three young kids on center court and said farewell.
- With Rio approaching, jockeying begins for doubles teams Updated: Jan-21-16 5:05 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Roger Federer and Martina Hingis decided to team up to play mixed doubles at the 2016 Olympics, a Swiss newspaper boasted the country would bring a "Dream Team" to Rio de Janeiro that could sweep all the tennis medals.
- Agassi says match-fixing wasn't on his radar when he played Updated: Jan-20-16 3:41 pm
Andre Agassi says match-fixing in tennis "never even made my radar" while he was on tour.
- What to Watch on Wednesday at the Australian Open Updated: Jan-19-16 7:19 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - A quarterfinal loss to Stan Wawrinka at the Australian Open in 2014 ended Novak Djokovic's 25-match winning streak at Melbourne Park, which included titles in 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- What to Watch on Monday at the Australian Open Updated: Jan-17-16 2:41 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - The opening day of the Australian Open should provide quick answers to injury questions which developed over the past few weeks with two of the biggest stars in the women's game.
- Federer adds "star" to Djokovic's name ahead of Aussie Open Updated: Jan-16-16 2:03 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Roger Federer says the so-called Big Four in men's tennis - he, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal - still exists, with one possible notation and an addition.
- Hewitt set to end tennis career in his 20th Australian Open Updated: Jan-15-16 11:56 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - In one of his final media conferences as a player, Lleyton Hewitt told everyone on Saturday what they already knew - that's he's never lacked for motivation during a career which spanned three decades.
- Schiavone Grand Slam streak 0f 61 straight ends in Melbourne Updated: Jan-14-16 9:45 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Francesca Schiavone's record of playing in 61 consecutive Grand Slam events over 15 years has ended after a loss in the in the qualifying tournament for the Australian Open.
- Serena Williams, Sharapova in same quarter at Aussie Open Updated: Jan-14-16 9:18 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Defending champion Serena Williams and No. 5-ranked Maria Sharapova were drawn into the same section for the Australian Open on Friday, setting up a potential quarterfinal match featuring the 2015 finalists.
- Tomic, Azarenka move into top 16 in Australian Open seedings Updated: Jan-13-16 8:43 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Defending champions and No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams top the Australian Open seedings lists, which follow rankings ahead of the first Grand Slam tournament of 2016.
- Raonic wins Brisbane title, reversing 2015 result v Federer Updated: Jan-10-16 7:40 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Milos Raonic got one back on Roger Federer to start the new season. After losing coach Ivan Ljubicic to the Federer camp leading into 2016, Raonic achieved something nobody else born in the 1990s has managed to do against the 17-time major winner - beat him twice.
- Defending champion Federer into Brisbane semifinals Updated: Jan-08-16 10:06 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Roger Federer overcame a lingering sickness to hold off Grigor Dimitrov 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-4 on Friday and take his title defense into the semifinals at the Brisbane International.