- Iran leader urges for nuclear weapons-free Korean Peninsula Updated: May-02-16 1:21 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani on Monday appealed for a Korean Peninsula free of nuclear weapons during a visit to Tehran by his South Korean counterpart, the official IRNA news agency reported.
- Iran votes in parliamentary runoff as rare shooting wounds 4 Updated: Apr-29-16 12:05 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians voted Friday in the country's parliamentary runoff elections, a key poll that will decide how much power allies of moderate President Hassan Rouhani will have in the next legislature after the landmark nuclear deal with world powers.
- South Korea's president to visit Iran for 1st summit talks Updated: Apr-18-16 5:21 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korea's president is to visit Iran early next month for what would be the two countries' first summit talks, her office said Monday.
- Air France resumes flights to Iran after 8 years Updated: Apr-17-16 3:35 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Air France resumed flights to Iran Sunday after last year's landmark deal to curb Iranian nuclear activities, as part of larger French and European efforts to rebuild trade ties long frozen by sanctions.
- Turkey and Iran seek closer economic cooperation Updated: Apr-16-16 1:15 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey and Iran agreed Saturday to boost economic cooperation between their neighboring nations, aiming to triple their trade to reach $30 billion annually, Turkey's president said.
- Islamic leaders pledge to combat terrorism, sectarianism Updated: Apr-15-16 3:32 pm
ISTANBUL - A two-day summit bringing together leaders of the Islamic world concluded in the Turkish city of Istanbul with a pledge to combat terrorism and overcome sectarian divide.
- Iran and Italy sign several deals during visit by PM Renzi Updated: Apr-12-16 2:41 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran and Italy signed a series of bilateral agreements during a visit by Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi to Tehran on Monday, signaling both countries' desire to restore ties following this year's implementation of the Iran nuclear deal.
- Iranian opposition leader under house arrest demands trial Updated: Apr-09-16 3:05 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An Iranian opposition leader who has been under house arrest since 2011 has asked President Hassan Rouhani to lobby for an open trial.