- Iran parliament chief retains post despite reformist gains Updated: May-29-16 7:09 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's long-serving parliament speaker will retain his post despite gains by reformists in elections held earlier this year, the official IRNA news agency reported Sunday.
- Iran and India sign port deal, other economic agreements Updated: May-23-16 3:30 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - India said Monday it will invest up to $500 million in a deal to develop a strategic port in Iran and both countries planned a number of projects they say are worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Wild US election fascinates, worries Iran after nuclear deal Updated: May-23-16 4:17 am
TEHRAN, Iran - After decades of officially-imposed detachment from the "Great Satan," Iranians are this time transfixed by the wild U.S. presidential campaign, mindful that the next White House occupant could have direct impact on their lives.
- Iran cracks down on models posing without headscarves online Updated: May-16-16 9:28 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranian police have arrested eight people in a new crackdown targeting "un-Islamic acts" online such as female models posting images of themselves without their hair covered, state media reported Monday, part of a larger cultural struggle in the Islamic Republic over the country's future.
- Iranians say Holocaust cartoon contest not aimed at denial Updated: May-14-16 9:50 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iranians staged an international contest for cartoons depicting the Holocaust on Saturday but insisted the event was aimed at criticizing alleged Western double standards regarding free expression and not at denying the Nazi genocide.
- Iran leader urges for nuclear weapons-free Korean Peninsula Updated: May-02-16 1:21 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's President Hassan Rouhani on Monday appealed for a Korean Peninsula free of nuclear weapons during a visit to Tehran by his South Korean counterpart, the official IRNA news agency reported.