- Texans take preseason win over Saints 27-13 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Brian Hoyer sounded pleased about his first game as the Houston Texans' designated starter.
- Saints testing potential of ex-basketball player Manhertz Updated: Aug-28-15 7:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton couldn't resist trying out another former college basketball player at tight end.
- Longtime Saints recall the team's role in Katrina recovery Updated: Aug-27-15 6:03 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Coming off a career-threatening injury, Drew Brees had little choice but to sign with a downtrodden franchise in a disaster zone. Sean Payton became coach of the Saints only after being passed over for the job he really wanted in Green Bay.
- Saints seeking to ramp up pass rush as regular season nears Updated: Aug-27-15 5:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Sack-less through two preseason games, the New Orleans Saints have ratcheted up concerns about their lack of a pass rush this week.
- Raiders coaching staff has impressive playing credentials Updated: Aug-24-15 1:56 pm
NAPA, California - The Oakland Raiders added an impressive group this offseason. They brought in 10 men who combined for 102 years of playing experience with 15 Pro Bowl appearances, five All-Pro selections and one Hall of Fame induction.
- Saints receivers, Patriots defensive backs tested each other Updated: Aug-21-15 1:26 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler appreciated the chance to spend a couple days being tested at practice by record-setting quarterback Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints' offense, even if there were moments when last season's Super Bowl hero got the worst of his matchup.
- Some NFL coaches speak out to curb training camp fights Updated: Aug-20-15 2:11 pm
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Carolina Panthers coach Ron Rivera offered this edict to his players before the start of this week's joint practices with the Miami Dolphins: You fight, you're out.
- Patriots, Saints express mutual admiration at joint practice Updated: Aug-19-15 7:12 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - The kinship between Bill Belichick and Sean Payton is apparent in the way they compliment each other, as well as the subjects they'd rather not discuss.
- Tall target Coleman emerging in Saints' receiving corps Updated: Aug-18-15 5:47 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Through the first few weeks of his second NFL training camp, the only thing Brandon Coleman has had to apologize for is pretending to be Saints all-time leading receiver Marques Colston.
- Saints' Payton eager to see more of Murphy in return game Updated: Aug-16-15 4:48 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Marcus Murphy, who was the last of the Saints' nine 2015 draft picks, is showing the potential to emerge as one of their top kick and punt returners in his rookie season.
- Saints' Payton downplays shuffling caused by injuries Updated: Aug-15-15 9:09 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - When the New Orleans Saints' defense lined up in a five-defensive back formation during practice Saturday night, one of the first-team cornerbacks was second-year pro Stanley Jean-Baptiste and the nickel back was fifth-round draft choice Damian Swann.
- 'Next Gen Stats' offer new insights for NFL fans and coaches Updated: Aug-14-15 5:47 pm
DETROIT - As Richard Sherman sprints side-by-side with Calvin Johnson, who is running faster? When Luke Kuechly collides with DeMarco Murray, who has more momentum? And which NFL players run slower in the fourth quarter than they did at the start of the game?
- Flacco sharp, Brees absent as Ravens beat Saints 30-27 Updated: Aug-13-15 11:56 pm
- Revamped Saints secondary showing potential to improve Updated: Aug-11-15 5:48 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SRPINGS, West Virginia - Saints cornerback Keenan Lewis launched himself horizontally across the front of receiver Nick Toon, nearly intercepting Drew Brees' pass at the goal line before the ball fell incomplete.
- New Saints center Unger seeing change in an optimistic light Updated: Aug-10-15 5:46 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Saints center Max Unger was never going to be happy about being traded away from Super Bowl-contending Seattle, where he'd made good friends and become an established leader during his first six NFL seasons.
- As camp progresses, Saints' Breaux closes in on NFL dream Updated: Aug-09-15 9:35 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Training camp hardly seems like work to first-year Saints cornerback Delvin Breaux.
- Saints scrimmage indicates Watson, Colston still productive Updated: Aug-07-15 4:44 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Tight end Ben Watson and receiver Marques Colston looked more like enduring playmakers running downhill than aging veterans in decline.
- Saints' Cooks primed to build on injury-shortened 2014 Updated: Aug-06-15 6:30 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Brandin Cooks might have been New Orleans' leading receiver as a rookie last season if not for an injury that sidelined him for the final six games.
- Saints' Ingram angling for expanded role in passing game Updated: Aug-05-15 4:14 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - As Saints quarterback Drew Brees rolled away from pressure, Mark Ingram raced out of the backfield and toward the left sideline, where he nimbly made a tough, twisting catch on a throw over his back shoulder.
- Saints rookie Anthony opening eyes at linebacker Updated: Aug-03-15 3:39 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Max Unger wasn't the only player the New Orleans Saints acquired when they traded star tight end Jimmy Graham to Seattle in a deal that sent shockwaves throughout the NFL.
- Morten Andersen into Saints Ring of Honor Updated: Aug-03-15 2:00 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - Placekicker Morten Andersen, who played 25 years in the NFL, will be inducted into the New Orleans Saints Ring of Honor, coach Sean Payton said Monday.
- Saints' Tim Lelito in line for left guard spot Updated: Aug-01-15 4:21 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - When the New Orleans Saints traded guard Ben Grubbs to the Kansas City Chiefs in March, coach Sean Payton hinted they wouldn't have done it without a solid plan.