- Saints' top draft choice Peat in line for first start Updated: Oct-09-15 6:02 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - New Orleans Saints left tackle Terron Armstead has been ruled out for Sunday's game at Philadelphia, opening the way for the club's top draft pick, Andrus Peat, to make his first NFL start.
- Jenkins, Sproles set to face former teammates Updated: Oct-09-15 3:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - After helping the New Orleans Saints knock Philadelphia out of the playoffs two years ago, Malcolm Jenkins and Darren Sproles joined the Eagles.
- Philbin burned, others coaches on NFL hot seat Updated: Oct-09-15 2:16 pm
Joe Philbin is out, burned by the Miami morass of highly paid underachievers and a fractured locker room.
- Saints rookie LB Kikaha riding wave of early success Updated: Oct-08-15 7:21 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints rookie linebacker Hau'oli Kikaha's inexperience may have been most obvious after his third sack of the season, when he tried to pay homage to his upbringing in Hawaii with a celebration meant to look like a surfer catching a wave.
- Struggling Saints gaining hope from return of key veterans Updated: Oct-07-15 7:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees made an unusual request on Wednesday, asking Saints coaches and trainers to leave his name off of the club's first required injury report of Week 5.
- New coach Campbell says Dolphins need a change in culture Updated: Oct-06-15 2:07 am
MIAMI - The new Miami Dolphins coach says talent is not their problem.
- Victory gives Saints hope, though flaws remain exposed Updated: Oct-05-15 7:24 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The New Orleans Saints feel a lot better about themselves after securing their first victory of this season, but they know they still face an uphill battle to climb into playoff contention.
- Spiller emerges in Saints' 26-20 OT win over Cowboys Updated: Oct-05-15 7:24 am
NEW ORLEANS - Running back C.J. Spiller came to New Orleans as a free agent this past offseason figuring that his speed and versatility would make him an ideal fit for coach Sean Payton's offense.
- Saints coach Payton expects QB Brees to start vs Cowboys Updated: Oct-02-15 5:14 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees is expected to return as starter for New Orleans against the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night in the Superdome, Saints coach Sean Payton said Friday.
- Saints' Murphy eager to build maiden TD vs. Cowboys Updated: Oct-01-15 8:50 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints punt and kick return specialist Marcus Murphy had done his research, and wasn't about to fall victim to self-doubt after dropping to the seventh round last spring in the NFL draft.
- Saints trade DT Hicks to Patriots for TE Hoomanawanui Updated: Sep-30-15 8:55 pm
- Saints say close results in 0-3 start leave reason for hope Updated: Sep-28-15 7:41 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro hears the panic in the voices of football fans in and around New Orleans.
- Panthers, Saints headed different ways after 3 games Updated: Sep-28-15 2:36 am
- Saints lose to Panthers, fall 3 games back in NFC South Updated: Sep-27-15 8:04 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - New Orleans return specialist Marcus Murphy believes the Saints are close to getting their first win of the season.
- Newton's 3 TDs lead Panthers past Saints 27-22 Updated: Sep-27-15 7:20 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton has the Carolina Panthers off to a perfect start.
- Saints QB Brees to miss Sunday's game at Carolina Updated: Sep-25-15 5:58 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Drew Brees will be sidelined for New Orleans' game at Carolina on Sunday, when the Saints will try to avoid falling to 0-3.
- QB Newton's athleticism wows teammates, opponents Updated: Sep-24-15 2:47 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Cam Newton expressed just one regret about somersaulting his way into the end zone against the Houston Texans.
- Saints QB Brees confident he'll be able to play vs. Panthers Updated: Sep-23-15 9:43 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints quarterback Drew Brees took the field wearing his usual red No. 9 practice jersey with shoulder pads on underneath.
- Buccaneers, Winston, hold off sloppy Saints, 26-19 Updated: Sep-21-15 3:28 am
NEW ORLEANS - Tampa Bay rookie Jameis Winston began to show more of the promise expected from a top overall draft choice.
- Saints secondary a primary concern against Winston, Bucs Updated: Sep-16-15 7:34 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - The Saints' battered secondary has become a primary concern for New Orleans as it prepares to host the NFL's top overall draft pick, Tampa Bay quarterback Jameis Winston.
- Payton, Saints confident they can fix red-zone failures Updated: Sep-14-15 4:48 pm
METAIRIE, Louisiana - Saints tight end Ben Watson grinned when former teammate Jimmy Gaham's name came up, saying he wasn't at all "sick" of hearing how much New Orleans' offense might miss the 6-foot-7 receiving target inside an opponent's 20-yard line.
- Late coaching decisions define Cardinals' 31-19-win Updated: Sep-14-15 2:35 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - A pair of late coaching decisions loomed large in the Arizona Cardinals' 31-19 win over the New Orleans Saints.
- Palmer throws for 3 TDs, Cardinals beat Saints 31-19 Updated: Sep-13-15 8:47 pm
GLENDALE, Arizona - From the first series to his very last on Sunday, Carson Palmer showed just how much he means to the Arizona Cardinals.
- NFL clears Patriots of headset suspicion in opening game Updated: Sep-11-15 7:06 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Philadelphia Eagles coach Chip Kelly has heard air traffic control coming in over the headsets he uses to communicate with his staff. Former Ravens coach Brian Billick said he once heard a pizza delivery guy.