- Chung says AFC broke election rules ahead of FIFA vote Updated: Sep-03-15 12:59 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean billionaire Chung Mong-joon has accused the Asian Football Confederation of breaking FIFA election and ethics rules by lobbying for rival candidate Michel Platini in the presidential contest.
- Ex-Nigeria player latest African hoping to succeed Blatter Updated: Sep-02-15 10:50 am
The men from Africa who say they want to be FIFA president may all be little-known and have only a remote chance of securing football's most important job, but the continent will still play a big role in who succeeds Sepp Blatter.
- Things to know about the FIFA presidential election Updated: Aug-28-15 1:39 pm
MONACO - FIFA presidential contender Michel Platini would not talk about it Friday, but he is the front-runner in an election that is still six months off.
- FIFA contender Platini refuses to talk election issues Updated: Aug-28-15 1:15 pm
MONACO - Michel Platini apologized Friday for refusing to discuss FIFA issues at his first news conference since announcing his bid for president of the governing body last month.
- Sexwale 'weighing all options' about FIFA presidential race Updated: Aug-27-15 10:50 am
MONACO - Touted as a potential FIFA president, Tokyo Sexwale is "weighing all options" before deciding if he will enter the governing body's election race.
- Platini's credentials as reformer questioned by FIFA rival Updated: Aug-26-15 2:36 pm
LONDON - As Michel Platini prepares to reveal his FIFA presidential vision, a rival contender is launching his campaign by questioning the UEFA leader's long-standing association with Sepp Blatter and his credentials to reform the scandal-tainted governing body.
- Blatter gets cow, milks support at home charity event Updated: Aug-22-15 12:12 pm
ULRICHEN, Switzerland - Sepp Blatter was given a cow but gave little away about FIFA business at his annual charity football tournament on Saturday.
- Chung Mong-Joon announces bid to run for FIFA president Updated: Aug-17-15 6:38 am
PARIS - Announcing his bid to run for FIFA president, Chung Mong-Joon pledged to help the governing body clean itself up if he gets elected.
- UEFA urges FIFA to investigate alleged smear of Platini Updated: Aug-16-15 4:35 pm
GENEVA - UEFA has complained to FIFA about an alleged attempt to discredit its president Michel Platini, who is currently the favorite to succeed Sepp Blatter as head of the world governing body.
- Blatter urges European soccer to revive his '6 plus 5' rule Updated: Aug-13-15 12:32 pm
ZURICH - FIFA President Sepp Blatter has asked western Europe for "a little good will" to follow Russia and limit foreign players in club lineups.
- FIFA picks Olympic veteran Carrard to lead reform task force Updated: Aug-11-15 12:06 pm
GENEVA - FIFA has turned to Francois Carrard, who helped oversee cleaning up the IOC after the Salt Lake City bidding scandal, to chair a group leading reforms of football's corruption-hit governing body.
- Prince Ali: FIFA cannot be credible while Blatter leads Updated: Aug-10-15 12:02 pm
GENEVA - FIFA cannot make credible changes in the last months of Sepp Blatter's leadership of the scandal-hit body, former presidential candidate Prince Ali bin al-Hussein said Monday.
- African football won't support Bility's FIFA president bid Updated: Aug-06-15 9:48 am
GENEVA - FIFA presidential hopeful Musa Bility of Liberia has failed to get the support of his fellow African football leaders.