- AP Sources: Michel Platini will run for FIFA president Updated: Jul-28-15 10:51 am
GENEVA - Michel Platini will run for FIFA president and plans to announce his intentions this week.
- World Cup at center of Gazprom's sponsorship empire Updated: Jul-25-15 8:11 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - As FIFA descends on St. Petersburg for the World Cup preliminary draw Saturday, it is entering the capital of a sponsorship empire.
- Chung to announce candidacy for FIFA presidency next month Updated: Jul-23-15 11:15 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - Former FIFA Vice President Chung Mong-joon plans to officially announce his candidacy for president of soccer's world governing body during a visit to Europe next month.
- Possible FIFA rivals Platini, Prince Ali meet for talks Updated: Jul-22-15 5:34 pm
GENEVA - Potential FIFA presidential election rivals Michel Platini and Prince Ali bin al-Hussein met for the first time on Wednesday since Sepp Blatter announced his exit.
- FIFA vote to be held Feb 26; Blatter defies calls to go now Updated: Jul-20-15 5:08 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter had a good day at the office on Monday, even if a prankster tried to spoil it by showering the FIFA president with fake dollar bills at a news conference.
- Blatter insists he is leaving FIFA, will not be candidate Updated: Jul-20-15 10:25 am
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter says he definitely will not be a candidate in the next FIFA presidential election on Feb. 26.
- Blatter, Platini meet at Sunday session of FIFA leaders Updated: Jul-19-15 1:45 pm
ZURICH - Sepp Blatter hosted Michel Platini and football's other continental presidents on Sunday, in their first formal meeting since the FIFA president announced he would leave office amid a corruption crisis.
- Platini wants to stop top teams signing all the best players Updated: Jul-19-15 6:29 am
ZURICH - UEFA President Michel Platini wants to stop top teams stockpiling the best players to ensure football remains competitive.
- FIFA urged to let public figures lead change after scandals Updated: Jul-15-15 7:18 pm
GENEVA - FIFA should let "eminent public figures" lead truly independent reform of the scandal-hit governing body, according to Transparency International.
- Adidas chief: Platini the best choice to succeed Blatter Updated: Jul-10-15 5:15 am
BERLIN - The chief executive of Adidas, a major FIFA sponsor, believes UEFA President Michel Platini would be the best choice of successor to Sepp Blatter at the head of world football's governing body.
- Croatia PM urges UEFA not to be harsh over swastika incident Updated: Jul-08-15 4:42 pm
ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia's prime minister has called on UEFA to refrain from severely punishing the country's national team after a swastika pattern appeared on the pitch during a European Championship qualifier against Italy last month.
- UEFA tells Spanish league to accept 2022 World Cup dates Updated: Jun-30-15 9:37 am
PRAGUE - UEFA told the Spanish league on Tuesday to stop challenging the decision to move the dates of the World Cup in 2022 to November-December.
- UEFA eases restrictions on club spending Updated: Jun-29-15 4:14 pm
PRAGUE - European football is lifting some of the restrictions on club spending in an attempt to make more teams competitive and ensure clubs are more attractive for new investors.