- Indy 500 winners determine best drivers, greatest races Updated: May-27-16 10:52 am
INDIANAPOLIS - In the lead-up to the 100th running of the "The Greatest Spectacle in Racing," The Associated Press interviewed the 27 living race winners on topics ranging from the greatest driver to most memorable moment.
- Death a grim chapter in storied history of Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-24-16 5:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Rich MacDonald was just a kid, trying to find his dad's race number on the big screen through the flames and black mushroom clouds choking the track.
- Column: Hornish doesn't regret how career quietly faded Updated: May-23-16 5:09 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Some drivers fear the end of their career. They hang on long past their prime, trying to find a ride, any ride, in every desperate attempt at another shot at a checkered flag.
- Indy 500 champions choose their most memorable moments Updated: May-23-16 1:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Long before he won the Indianapolis 500, Al Unser was an up-and-coming 25-year-old sprint car driver who had showed up at Indianapolis Motor Speedway to watch his older brother try to qualify.
- Highlights from the 96th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-22-16 10:01 am
RACE: 96th Indianapolis 500
- Some of the worst crashes in Indianapolis 500 history Updated: May-20-16 3:10 am
INDIANAPOLIS - High speed, risky maneuvers and a crowded field have always been a dangerous combination at the Indianapolis 500. But at a race that has too often ended in tragedy for drivers, crew members and fans, the most spectacular crashes are often the most unforgettable. As Indy celebrates its 100th race on May 29, The Associated Press looks back at some of the worst crashes over the past century.
- After 2 decades, Luyendyk is still Indy's fastest driver Updated: May-18-16 7:21 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Twenty years and one week after Arie Luyendyk became the fastest man to conquer Indianapolis Motor Speedway's 2.5-mile oval, his records remain untouched and unchallenged.
- The AP's Indianapolis 500 All-Star starting lineup Updated: May-18-16 2:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - As the Indianapolis 500 celebrates its centennial race May 29, The Associated Press has come up with a completely subjective all-star, 33-driver starting field. The list includes multiple winners, innovators, fan favorites and trend-setters. They may not be the best drivers in race history, but all of them have helped shaped the event. The field is listed in the traditional three-car, 11-row starting grid with a synopsis of each row.
- Highlights from the 89th running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-15-16 10:01 am
RACE: 89th Indianapolis 500