- Canadian prime minister lauds Quebec City for NHL Updated: Jun-25-15 2:02 pm
QUEBEC CITY - Prime Minister Stephen Harper says Quebec City is the ideal place for an NHL expansion team.
- Another top Canadian minister says he's leaving politics Updated: Jun-19-15 1:03 pm
TORONTO - Another prominent member of Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper's government will not seek re-election in Parliament in October. It's a blow to the Conservatives, who have been in power since 2006.
- Bono in Ottawa to meet with Canada's prime minister on aid Updated: Jun-15-15 12:58 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - U2 frontman Bono has arrived in Ottawa for meetings with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper, as well as opposition leaders.
- Walker to meet with prime minister while in Canada Updated: Jun-12-15 4:37 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker plans to meet with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper while in the country for a trade mission.
- Canada to send military instructors to Ukraine Updated: Jun-06-15 1:35 pm
KIEV, Ukraine - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper says the country soon will send military instructors to Ukraine to help train government troops.
- Merkel pursues ambitious agenda for G7 summit Updated: Jun-05-15 5:38 am
BERLIN - When Germany last hosted a summit of the world's leading industrialized democracies, Chancellor Angela Merkel was a relative newcomer on the world stage. With less than two years in office she focused on one major theme: the fight against climate change.
- AP Interview: Canada's Harper says Russia can't rejoin G-7 Updated: Jun-04-15 5:46 pm
TORONTO - Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper said Thursday that Russia should never be allowed back in the Group of 7 as long as Vladimir Putin is president.
- Report: Schools for Canada First Nations 'cultural genocide' Updated: Jun-02-15 6:20 pm
TORONTO - A long-awaited report released Tuesday into Canada's decades-long government policy requiring Canadian First Nation children to attend state-funded church schools called it "nothing less than cultural genocide."