- Justices extend bar on automatic life terms for teenagers Updated: Jan-25-16 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that people serving life terms for murders they committed as teenagers must have a chance to seek their freedom, a decision that could affect more than 1,000 inmates.
- Immigration tops politically charged caseload for high court Updated: Jan-20-16 4:25 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court's decision to add immigration to its already robust list of politically charged cases means a raft of rulings in the late spring or early summer that could inject the court into the presidential campaign.
- High court raises doubts over Puerto Rico sovereignty Updated: Jan-13-16 4:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Wednesday raised doubts about whether Puerto Rico should be treated as a sovereign state with powers that go beyond its status as a territory of the United States.
- The Latest: Obama takes 'one more look at this thing' Updated: Jan-12-16 10:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on President Barack Obama's last State of the Union address. All times EST:
- High court: Florida death penalty system is unconstitutional Updated: Jan-12-16 7:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Florida's unique system for sentencing people to death is unconstitutional because it gives too much power to judges - and not enough to juries - to decide capital sentences, the Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.