- Haiti president, business leaders open new container port Updated: Jul-02-15 7:25 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Haitian President Michel Martelly, business leaders and civic boosters inaugurated an $80 million container port Thursday aimed at giving the hemisphere's poorest country a much bigger role in global shipping.
- Jamaica officials, artists hold reggae conference Updated: Jul-01-15 6:40 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Government officials, lawyers and artists participated in a conference Wednesday to hash over ways of giving Jamaica a competitive advantage from reggae, the homegrown music that long ago went global.
- Jamaica anti-doping agency starts collecting blood samples Updated: Jun-29-15 5:16 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Jamaica's anti-doping agency announced Monday that it has started collecting blood samples to test athletes on the Caribbean island that produces the world's dominant sprinters.
- In Jamaica, Asafa Powell wins final of men's 100m with 9.84 Updated: Jun-27-15 12:02 am
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Former world record-holder Asafa Powell won the 100-meter final Friday night in Jamaica's trials in 9.84 seconds.
- Haiti seeks to control 'city' that emerged from quake Updated: Jun-26-15 12:07 am
CANAAN, Haiti - Before the January 2010 earthquake destroyed much of Haiti's capital, the only occupants of the arid hills near the city's northern edge were skinny goats foraging amid the cactus and scrub.
- Agent: Bolt withdraws from 100 at Jamaica trials to train on Updated: Jun-25-15 2:39 pm
KINGSTON, Jamaica - Usain Bolt has been removed from the list of entries for the 100 meters at the Jamaica trials, apparently the latest setback for the world record-holder.
- Haiti's capital gets 1st movie theater in years Updated: Jun-22-15 9:43 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - The first movie theater to operate in the Haitian capital in years has opened its doors off a renovated downtown square, a welcome sign of revival in a city shattered by an earthquake more than five years ago.