- Turkey's Erdogan to sue opposition over golden toilet claim Updated: Jun-02-15 8:04 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president is suing the country's opposition leader for slander for allegedly claiming before a national election that bathrooms in his 1,150-room palace had gold-plated seats, his lawyer said Tuesday.
- Erdogan denies lavish palace has gold-plated toilet seats Updated: Jun-01-15 11:58 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey's president has invited the country's main opposition leader to inspect the lavatories in his lavish palace, insisting he won't find any gold-plated toilet seats.
- Turkish adviser has 'guns and bullets' to protect Erdogan Updated: May-20-15 12:17 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - An economics adviser to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says he has two guns and hundreds of bullets and is prepared to use them to protect his boss.
- Blasts at Kurdish party offices in Turkey injure 6 Updated: May-18-15 8:55 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Less than three weeks before Turkey's general election, two separate explosions in buildings housing the local headquarters of a pro-Kurdish political party injured at least six people, the party said.
- Turkey's Erdogan calls on Europe to welcome more migrants Updated: May-13-15 9:51 am
TIRANA, Albania - Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan called on Europe Wednesday to take in more migrants and refugees from Syria and Iraq, saying his own country has borne the brunt of the refugee crisis and has been sheltering about 2 million people.
- Turkish coup leader, former president, Evren dies at 97 Updated: May-10-15 12:41 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Kenan Evren, the general who led Turkey's 1980 military coup that ended years of street-clashes between rival left- and right-wing militias and but also unleashed a wave of arrests, torture and extrajudicial killings died on Saturday. He was 97.
- Former Turkish president, coup leader, Evren dies at 97 Updated: May-09-15 6:11 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Kenan Evren, the Turkish general who led a 1980 coup that ended years of violence but whose rule unleashed a wave of arrests, torture and extrajudicial killings, died on Saturday. He was 97.
- Turkey, Saudi in pact to help anti-Assad rebels Updated: May-07-15 7:10 pm
ISTANBUL - Casting aside U.S. concerns about aiding extremist groups, Turkey and Saudi Arabia have converged on an aggressive new strategy to bring down Syrian President Bashar Assad.