- The Latest: Video in Turkey shows man being shot at airport Updated: Jun-30-16 4:25 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - The Latest on the attack on Istanbul's main international airport (all times local):
- Putin issues decree to lift ban on tourism to Turkey Updated: Jun-30-16 12:51 pm
MOSCOW - The Kremlin says Russian President Vladimir Putin has issued a decree lifting restrictions on tourism to Turkey following its' apology for downing a Russian warplane last year.
- Airport attack comes just as Turkey tries to rebuild bridges Updated: Jun-30-16 10:34 am
ANKARA, Turkey - When he took office in May, Turkey's prime minister declared it was time for the country to put its international affairs in order and reclaim its place as an oasis of stability in a war-torn region. Turkey was trying to do just that - mending fences with both Israel and Russia only this week - when suicide bombers hit its main airport, throwing those plans into disarray.
- North America leaders urge against Trump's isolationism Updated: Jun-29-16 10:44 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - President Barack Obama and the leaders of Mexico and Canada pushed back forcefully on Wednesday against the isolationist and anti-immigrant sentiments that have roiled Britain and been championed by GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump. The leaders warned against easy solutions peddled by "demagogues" who feed on economic anxiety.
- Airport attack hammers Istanbul's once-lofty ambitions Updated: Jun-29-16 10:52 am
In 2012, a glistening tower of shops, offices and residences opened in Istanbul, an emblem of the brash attitude of an ancient city that prided itself as an international gateway between Asia and Europe. Those ambitions, increasingly dampened by internal conflict and spillover from the tumult in neighboring countries, were dealt another blow in the deadly assault on the city's main Ataturk Airport.
- Israeli, Turkish leaders look to gain from reconciliation Updated: Jun-27-16 4:30 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel and Turkey struck a broad reconciliation pact Monday that will restore full diplomatic relations after six years of animosity between the once-close Mideast powers.
- Israeli official: Reconciliation deal reached with Turkey Updated: Jun-26-16 8:02 pm
JERUSALEM - Israel has reached a reconciliation deal with Turkey to end a bitter six-year rift between the Mideast powers, an official said Sunday.
- Turkey close to restoring diplomatic ties with Israel Updated: Jun-22-16 1:13 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey is close to reaching a deal with Israel to normalize diplomatic ties, a senior Turkish official said Wednesday.
- Report: Turkey probes 300 for social media activity Updated: Jun-22-16 8:23 am
ISTANBUL - Turkish police are investigating 300 people for alleged terrorist propaganda and defamation of the country's president on social media, news reports said Wednesday.
- UN urges solutions as refugee population hits record high Updated: Jun-20-16 1:47 pm
GENEVA - Imagine the entire population of France uprooted from their homes, forced to flee danger, persecution or starvation. The U.N. refugee agency says more people than that - 65 million - were displaced worldwide at the end of last year, easily setting a new postwar record.
- Germany: talks on colonial-era Namibia killings advanced Updated: Jun-13-16 8:51 am
BERLIN - Germany and Namibia are in the advanced stages of talks on officially recognizing as "genocide" a colonial-era crackdown more than a century ago in which more than 65,000 ethnic Hereros were killed, the German government said Monday. It hopes to conclude them by late next year.
- The Latest: Bill Clinton say Ali wrote his own story Updated: Jun-10-16 6:45 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The Latest on the memorial service for Muhammad Ali (all times local):
- Turkey's Erdogan, in US for Ali's funeral, cuts trip short Updated: Jun-10-16 1:55 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Friday abruptly cut short a visit to the United States to attend boxing legend Muhammad Ali's funeral and returned home.
- ESPN to air Ali memorial live; Euro 2016 opener to ESPN2 Updated: Jun-08-16 1:06 pm
BRISTOL, Connecticut - ESPN is switching the network for the opener of soccer's European Championship so it can provide live coverage of Muhammad Ali's memorial service on its flagship channel.
- The Latest: US Condemns Turkey car bombing Updated: Jun-07-16 5:41 pm
ISTANBUL - The Latest on a car bomb attack Tuesday in Istanbul all times local):
- Turkish president opens new embassy in war-torn Somalia Updated: Jun-03-16 1:09 pm
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Turkey's president opened a new Turkish embassy in Somalia's capital on Friday amid heavy security less than two days after Islamic extremists attacked a hotel in the city, killing 15 people.
- Turkey recalls Germany ambassador after genocide vote Updated: Jun-02-16 3:14 pm
BERLIN - Germany's parliament overwhelmingly voted Thursday to label the killings of Armenians by Ottoman Turks a century ago as genocide, prompting Turkey to recall its ambassador to Germany.
- Turkey: EU cut in funds for AU troops in Somalia a mistake Updated: Jun-01-16 12:23 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - The European Union's reduction in funding for African Union troops in Somalia is a big mistake, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Wednesday during a visit to Uganda.