- Atlantic City rescue package goes to Christie Updated: May-26-16 5:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers on Thursday sent Gov. Chris Christie legislation to keep Atlantic City from running out of cash, throwing the financially strapped resort a life preserver just before the unofficial start to summer this weekend.
- New Jersey lawmakers vote to ban smoking at beaches, parks Updated: May-26-16 4:59 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawmakers in New Jersey have sent a measure to Gov. Chris Christie's desk to ban smoking at public beaches and parks.
- 2 new casinos near NYC could save, or destroy, Atlantic City Updated: May-26-16 11:53 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two new casinos proposed for northern New Jersey near New York City could save, or destroy, Atlantic City, panelists at a major casino conference said Thursday.
- The Latest: Wall Street shares AC's casino expansion concern Updated: May-26-16 11:15 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on the debate over expanding casinos into northern New Jersey, near New York City (all times local):
- Christie says Atlantic City deal has authority he needs Updated: May-25-16 9:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie said Wednesday a deal to rescue Atlantic City that advanced in the Legislature this week contains the authority he would need to help the struggling resort town, but he stopped short of saying he would sign it.
- Under bill, engineers can't operate trains if license pulled Updated: May-25-16 5:47 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A top state lawmaker said Wednesday he will push for a vote this week on legislation that would prevent engineers from operating trains if their driver's licenses are revoked or suspended for drunken driving violations.
- New Jersey set to try again on beach, park smoking bans Updated: May-24-16 3:42 pm
BELMAR, New Jersey - Measures to restrict smoking at public beaches and ban it entirely at parks are scheduled for a vote in the New Jersey Legislature.
- Election is a year away, yet 2017 governor's race is on Updated: May-21-16 2:44 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Get ready, New Jersey, for more political sniping, increased jockeying on big issues and a jump in the millions of dollars politicians and supporters pour into the races.
- The Latest: Christie wants lawmakers to move past AC drama Updated: May-05-16 6:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's finances (all times local):
- Christie will require state's schools to test for lead Updated: May-02-16 5:45 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - All of New Jersey's public schools will test for lead in water starting next school year, Gov. Chris Christie said Monday.
- Atlantic City avoids default, makes $1.8M bond payment Updated: May-02-16 1:55 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Financially strapped Atlantic City scraped together enough money to make a $1.8 million bond payment Monday morning, narrowly avoiding becoming the first New Jersey municipality to default on its debt in 78 years.
- The Latest: Atlantic City makes $1.8M bond payment Updated: May-02-16 11:13 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on Atlantic City's collapsing financial situation (all times local):
- Leaders discussed ouster of New Jersey Assembly speaker Updated: Apr-27-16 6:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey Democratic party official says leaders have discussed the possibility of ousting the speaker of the Assembly.
- Atlantic City won't consider 20 percent pay cut proposal Updated: Apr-26-16 5:59 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - A proposal by an Atlantic City councilman for a 20 percent pay cut on elected and appointed officials lasted only a few hours before it was shot down.