- Massachusetts inmate charged with threatening to kill Obama Updated: May-23-16 7:07 pm
BOSTON - A Massachusetts state prison inmate has been charged with threatening to kill President Barack Obama.
- Illinois fights US spy agency decision to stay in St. Louis Updated: May-18-16 4:54 pm
ST. LOUIS - Illinois officials are aggressively fighting the preliminary decision to relocate a federal spy agency to a new site in St. Louis, rather than to a site across the Mississippi River in a suburban area of southern Illinois.
- AP Exclusive: Peace deal expected with armed Afghan group Updated: May-14-16 2:04 pm
KABUL, Afghanistan - Afghanistan is expected to finalize a peace deal with a notorious militant group in the coming days, in what could be a template for ending the 15-year war with the Taliban, a government official and a representative of the militant group said Saturday.
- Afghanistan faces tough battle as Haqqanis unify the Taliban Updated: May-07-16 2:42 pm
ISLAMABAD - A shadowy, Pakistan-based militant faction is on the rise within the Taliban after its leader was appointed deputy and played a key role in unifying the fractured insurgency.
- Near site of 9/11 attack, courthouse gets security pavilion Updated: May-04-16 8:04 pm
NEW YORK - A new security pavilion was dedicated Wednesday at a federal courthouse where high-profile terrorism trials have taken place blocks from where the Sept. 11 attacks downed the 110-story twin towers of the World Trade Center.