- In VP search, Trump and Clinton eye different priorities Updated: Jul-01-16 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump wants a running mate who has what he lacks - political experience. Hillary Clinton is putting a premium on diversity as she searches for a No. 2.
- Senators urge Kerry to address political crisis in Bahrain Updated: Jun-30-16 6:30 pm
WASHINGTON - A simmering political crisis in Bahrain could spiral into violence, encourage meddling by Iran and weaken a key U.S. ally in the Persian Gulf, a bipartisan group of senators warned Thursday in a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry.
- McAuliffe mocks GOP lawsuit over restoration of rights Updated: Jun-29-16 4:34 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe said Wednesday he had little concern that Republicans would prevail in a lawsuit over his blanket restoration of voting and other rights to ex-felons, but added that even if the court ruled against him he would still prevail with several thousand strokes of his pen.
- Warren: Clinton can be trusted to fight Donald Trump Updated: Jun-27-16 5:50 pm
CINCINNATI - Elizabeth Warren offered an impassioned endorsement of Hillary Clinton on Monday, vouching for her as someone who could be trusted to fight for workers and fend off Donald Trump.
- Top Democrats line up behind Northam's candidacy Updated: Jun-21-16 1:09 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Lt. Gov. Ralph Northam now has the official backing of the Democratic Party's top state officials for his 2017 gubernatorial bid.
- Officials push for funds to repair DC's Memorial Bridge Updated: Jun-20-16 5:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Virginia and Washington officials are pushing for more funding to repair the crumbling Arlington Memorial Bridge.
- Julian Castro says he's not being vetted for vice president Updated: Jun-18-16 2:22 am
SAN ANTONIO - U.S. Housing Secretary Julian Castro said Friday he isn't being vetted as a potential running mate for Democrat Hillary Clinton and continued to maintain that he is unlikely to be offered the job.