- Protesters rallying against Boston-area pipeline project Updated: Jul-26-15 9:43 am
BOSTON - Protesters opposing the construction of a natural gas pipeline are planning to form a human chain along the pipe's planned route.
- US Sen. Markey to join Obama on his trip to Kenya, Ethiopia Updated: Jul-23-15 7:22 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Edward Markey is joining President Barack Obama on his trip to Kenya and Ethiopia.
- China's record criticized as Congress mulls nuclear pact Updated: Jul-19-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - China's record on nuclear proliferation is facing congressional criticism as the Obama administration seeks renewal of a 30-year agreement that enables American involvement in the Asian nation's fast-growing atomic energy industry.
- New rule to protect streams near coal mines Updated: Jul-16-15 5:55 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration proposed new regulations Thursday designed to reduce the environmental impact of coal mining on the nation's streams, a long-anticipated move that met quick resistance from Republicans, even as the administration projected only modest job losses in coal country.
- Senate OKs revised No Child education law, compromise needed Updated: Jul-16-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - More than a decade after No Child Left Behind established a stronger federal role in public education, the Senate on Thursday approved a rewrite of the much-criticized education law that would return much of that power to the states.
- Massachusetts members of Congress hail Iran nuclear accord Updated: Jul-14-15 4:00 pm
BOSTON - Members of Massachusetts all-Democratic congressional delegation are hailing a deal struck between the U.S. and other world powers and Iran.
- US Sens. Warren, Markey: Ease medicinal marijuana research Updated: Jul-13-15 4:10 pm
BOSTON - Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Edward Markey are urging federal regulators to make it easier for researchers to investigate the medicinal use of marijuana.
- Blumenthal seeks new safety requirements for cruise lines Updated: Jul-07-15 4:19 pm
GREENWICH, Connecticut - The family of a Greenwich man who disappeared during a honeymoon cruise 10 years ago joined U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut on Tuesday to call for new safety requirements for cruise lines.