- No. 20 Providence falls 96-91 in double OT to Marquette Updated: Feb-10-16 11:26 pm
MILWAUKEE - Providence coach Ed Cooley summed up his team's night in two words.
- Marquette beats No. 20 Providence 96-91 in double overtime Updated: Feb-10-16 11:08 pm
MILWAUKEE - Henry Ellenson smiled and seemed to bounce around with nervous energy after playing 48 minutes. Coach Steve Wojciechowski had a raspy voice as he talked about being so tense that he needed an ice bath.
- No. 3 Villanova too much for No. 11 Providence in 72-60 win Updated: Feb-06-16 6:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Villanova was overpowered on both ends of the floor in its overtime loss at home to Providence last month, the first vulnerability shown by a team that was unbeaten in Big East play.
- Providence adjusting from latest bite from injury bug Updated: Feb-04-16 5:22 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - You'll have to pardon Providence coach Ed Cooley if he doesn't seemed too panicked about having his top player on the training table days before the 11th-ranked Friars' biggest home game of the season.
- Henry powers DePaul past No. 11 Providence 77-70 Updated: Feb-03-16 12:53 am
ROSEMONT, Illinois - Rashaun Stimage was standing right behind DePaul coach Dave Leitao when he slapped the floor a couple of times and yelled as the final seconds ticked off. Leitao kept his eyes on the court until it was all over.
- Big 2nd half lifts No. 7 Xavier over No. 10 Providence 75-68 Updated: Jan-27-16 12:01 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - It's been a long time since Xavier was able to earn a Top 10 victory away from home.
- Big East looks like beast, NCAA Tournament to tell tale Updated: Jan-25-16 3:38 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - When the Big East underwent its metamorphosis in 2013 and returned to its basketball-centric roots, the question was whether the conference could recapture the magic of its heyday.
- Bentil, No. 16 Providence beat No. 4 Villanova 82-76 in OT Updated: Jan-24-16 6:05 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Kris Dunn put his trust in his Providence teammates and they came through - especially Ben Bentil.
- No. 16 Providence rallies late, downs No. 18 Butler 71-68 Updated: Jan-19-16 10:23 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - With his team clinging to a late lead and at risk of losing consecutive games for the first time this season, Providence coach Ed Cooley walked out on the court and asked for some help.
- Seton Hall beats No. 12 Providence 81-72 Updated: Jan-16-16 8:13 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Seton Hall coach Kevin Willard said the week away from the Big East grind allowed his team to get back to basics.