- Foyt still having fun as popular figure at Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-25-16 6:07 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A.J. Foyt has always enjoyed a good show.
- Indy 500 champions choose the greatest rivalries of the race Updated: May-25-16 4:21 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Mario Andretti silently stewed as Bobby Unser celebrated winning the 1981 Indianapolis 500.
- The Greatest Spectacle in Racing remains an American icon Updated: May-25-16 3:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis 500 has outlasted two world wars, the decline of the automobile industry, a bitter split in open-wheel racing and more death than anyone cares to recall.
- Death a grim chapter in storied history of Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-24-16 5:50 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Rich MacDonald was just a kid, trying to find his dad's race number on the big screen through the flames and black mushroom clouds choking the track.
- Indy 500 champions call safety measures greatest innovation Updated: May-24-16 2:20 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Imagine climbing into your sedan in the driveway and not putting on a seatbelt, then trying to back out onto a busy street without the benefit of a rear-view mirror.
- Newgarden turns fastest lap in final full Indy 500 practice Updated: May-23-16 5:19 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Josef Newgarden had the fastest car Monday in the final full practice for the Indianapolis 500.
- Hinchcliffe passes Newgarden on final run for Indy 500 pole Updated: May-22-16 7:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - James Hinchcliffe watched the Indianapolis 500 last year from his hospital bed. He had nearly died from injuries six days earlier in a crash at famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Some of the worst crashes in Indianapolis 500 history Updated: May-20-16 3:10 am
INDIANAPOLIS - High speed, risky maneuvers and a crowded field have always been a dangerous combination at the Indianapolis 500. But at a race that has too often ended in tragedy for drivers, crew members and fans, the most spectacular crashes are often the most unforgettable. As Indy celebrates its 100th race on May 29, The Associated Press looks back at some of the worst crashes over the past century.
- Indianapolis 500 moments, from four-time winners to tragedy Updated: May-19-16 2:10 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis 500 is full of significant moments, from the return of racing in 1946 to the celebration of four-time race winners, stirring finishes and tragic deaths. With the 100th running of one of the world's most famous races set for May 29, The Associated Press looks back at some of the most memorable moments in race history in a chronological and completely subjective list:
- After 2 decades, Luyendyk is still Indy's fastest driver Updated: May-18-16 7:21 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Twenty years and one week after Arie Luyendyk became the fastest man to conquer Indianapolis Motor Speedway's 2.5-mile oval, his records remain untouched and unchallenged.
- The AP's Indianapolis 500 All-Star starting lineup Updated: May-18-16 2:11 am
INDIANAPOLIS - As the Indianapolis 500 celebrates its centennial race May 29, The Associated Press has come up with a completely subjective all-star, 33-driver starting field. The list includes multiple winners, innovators, fan favorites and trend-setters. They may not be the best drivers in race history, but all of them have helped shaped the event. The field is listed in the traditional three-car, 11-row starting grid with a synopsis of each row.
- Best of Indianapolis: Neighborhoods, restaurants, art Updated: May-17-16 10:46 am
INDIANAPOLIS - So, Indianapolis, are you an old Rust Belt city or are you the next Brooklyn?
- Throwback cars giving 100th Indianapolis 500 retro look Updated: May-16-16 5:41 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis 500 fans might feel like they're traveling through a time warp this month.
- Pagenaud adds another pole win to dominant start at Indy GP Updated: May-13-16 9:14 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Simon Pagenaud keeps finding ways to stay ahead of the IndyCar pack.
- Experience helping Pagenaud make early championship push Updated: May-12-16 5:37 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Simon Pagenaud is all business this week in Indianapolis.
- Highlights from the 82nd running of the Indianapolis 500 Updated: May-08-16 10:01 am
RACE: 82nd Indianapolis 500
- 100th running of the Indy 500: Museum, tours and Main Street Updated: May-04-16 2:12 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - It's a big year for a big race. May 29 will mark the 100th running of the Indianapolis 500, which claims to be the largest single-day sporting event in the world. Some 300,000 spectators will gather to watch drivers race 200 times around the 2.5-mile oval track - a total of 500 miles.