- EPA boosts amount of ethanol in gasoline supply Updated: Nov-30-15 6:02 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is boosting the amount of corn-based ethanol and other renewable fuels in the U.S. gasoline supply despite sustained opposition by an unusual alliance of oil companies, environmentalists and some GOP presidential candidates.
- 14 Republicans to be on SC's presidential primary ballot Updated: Nov-30-15 4:18 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Republican Party says it has certified 14 candidates to be on the ballot for the party's presidential primary on Feb. 20.
- Rubio: Radical jihadists using refugee crisis as cover Updated: Nov-30-15 3:44 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida says radical jihadists are using the refugee crisis as a cover to send terrorists to the West and that it's impossible for the United States to vet some Syrian migrants.
- Paul files for president, re-election in Kentucky Updated: Nov-30-15 12:59 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - U.S. Sen. Rand Paul officially filed for re-election and for president in his home state Monday, a move he insists does not undermine his faltering presidential campaign.
- Florida's 2 main parties turn in names for March primary Updated: Nov-30-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's two main political parties are turning in the names of the candidates that will appear on the March primary ballot.
- O'Malley, Rubio, Christie to campaign in New Hampshire Updated: Nov-30-15 4:01 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Presidential campaigning is back in full post-Thanksgiving swing in New Hampshire, with former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie heading to the state for events.
- After Paris, US political shift on privacy vs. security Updated: Nov-28-15 8:42 am
WASHINGTON - The Paris attacks have renewed debate on the U.S. government's post-Sept. 11 domestic surveillance laws, leading to efforts to revive the issue on Capitol Hill and handing Marco Rubio an opening against Ted Cruz in the Republican presidential race.
- Rubio to hold rally in Guntersville on Tuesday Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Marco Rubio is bringing his presidential campaign to Alabama on Tuesday.
- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Some key GOP activists in Ohio still wrestling with pick Updated: Nov-27-15 12:38 pm
CINCINNATI - The shopping days before the presidential nominating season begins are dwindling, leaving Republican activists in a GOP stronghold region of Ohio still checking the field's long list to choose the right candidate for them.
- Trump to campaign in Sarasota Updated: Nov-27-15 6:50 am
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate front-runner Donald Trump returns to Florida for a campaign rally on Saturday.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- Rubio finesses abortion stance criticized by Democrats Updated: Nov-25-15 3:17 am
WASHINGTON - When Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio staked out a hard-line position on abortion in the first GOP debate, Hillary Rodham Clinton took notice.
- Texas' Abbott will be next US governor to visit Cuba Updated: Nov-24-15 7:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican Texas Gov. Greg Abbott announced Tuesday that he will travel to Cuba after the Thanksgiving holiday, becoming the latest U.S. governor to pursue economic development possibilities with the island nation amid easing trade restrictions.
- Florida Gov. Scott's budget: Tax cuts, more for schools Updated: Nov-23-15 8:22 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - Florida Gov. Rick Scott, surrounded by rows of machines and dozens of manufacturing employees, on Monday announced a nearly $79.3 billion spending plan for the coming year that is heavy on tax cuts and help for businesses.
- Rubio joins field for spot in Kansas Republican caucus Updated: Nov-23-15 6:38 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Sen. Marco Rubio has filed for the Kansas Republican President caucus, making him the sixth presidential contender to file in the state.
- Republicans' tough Senate map gets another twist Updated: Nov-23-15 5:03 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans' plans to defend their Senate majority in 2016 just got a bit more complicated.
- Hezbollah condemns Senate bill to block its financing Updated: Nov-23-15 11:14 am
BEIRUT - Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group has condemned a bill approved by the Senate to block its financing, describing it as "a new crime by American institutions against our people and nation."
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Oklahoma's Mullin backs Rubio's bid for president in 2016 Updated: Nov-20-15 3:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Rep. Markwayne Mullin says he's endorsing U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida in his bid for the presidency.
- Rubio and Cruz compete for Iowa evangelicals Updated: Nov-20-15 11:15 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Sens. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have been sparring over national security and immigration policy as their rivalry intensifies in the Republican presidential primary race. Now their conflict is moving to Iowa and a powerful evangelical constituency that Rubio is making a play for, months after rivals sank roots.
- Utah's Mia Love endorses Marco Rubio for president Updated: Nov-19-15 2:28 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - U.S. Rep. Mia Love of Utah is endorsing Republican candidate Marco Rubio for president.
- AP Conversation: Rubio on his Cuban roots, island's future Updated: Nov-19-15 6:30 am
ORLANDO, Florida - As Marco Rubio campaigns for the Republican presidential nomination, he's pledging to bring generational change to Washington. Yet Rubio's policy toward Cuba hinges on reinstating a half-century-old diplomatic freeze that failed to unseat the communist government on the island where his parents were born.
- Rubio says Cruz hurt US intelligence programs with stance Updated: Nov-18-15 7:48 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says his rival Ted Cruz worked with Democrats to harm U.S. intelligence programs by restricting the federal government's bulk phone records collection program.
- 17 candidates on Michigan's presidential primary list Updated: Nov-18-15 5:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Fourteen Republicans and three Democrats are on Michigan's list of presidential candidates for the March 8 primary election.