- Florida GOP moves date of presidential summit to November Updated: Aug-04-15 6:38 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida Republicans, seeking to push the battleground state into the national limelight, announced Tuesday they are holding a presidential candidates' summit in November.
- Debate line-up illustrates power of Fox News in GOP campaign Updated: Aug-04-15 6:19 pm
NEW YORK - Iowa and New Hampshire are still on the horizon - but first there's the Fox primary, and the buildup to this week's first Republican presidential debate shows that the influence of Fox News Channel on the GOP selection process is stronger than ever.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.
- Presidential hopeful Rubio names Montana campaign chairman Updated: Aug-03-15 2:55 pm
HELENA, Montana - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is one of the first of the 17 GOP presidential hopefuls to select a Montana campaign chairman.
- GOP White House hopefuls flood New Hampshire Updated: Aug-03-15 4:06 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Days before the first official debate of the 2016 Republican presidential primary, nearly every GOP White House hopeful is heading to New Hampshire.
- Conservative donor Koch urges end to 'corporate cronyism' Updated: Aug-01-15 9:31 pm
DANA POINT, California - Billionaire industrialist and conservative political donor Charles Koch welcomed a group of roughly 450 like-minded fundraisers to one of his twice-annual conferences Saturday by challenging them to advocate for ending "corporate cronyism" - even if those policies help their businesses.
- Taking on Bush and Rubio, Clinton calls for Cuba embargo end Updated: Jul-31-15 4:16 pm
MIAMI - Drawing a sharp distinction with Republican rivals in the pivotal election state of Florida, Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday called on the GOP-run Congress to end the trade embargo the U.S. has imposed on Cuba since 1962
- House approves bill to make it easier to fire VA workers Updated: Jul-29-15 6:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The House on Wednesday approved a bill making it easier to fire or demote hundreds of thousands of employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs, as lawmakers expressed continued frustration at the slow pace of change at the beleaguered agency.
- Florida congressional delegation will see upheaval in 2016 Updated: Jul-28-15 5:22 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Republican Sen. Marco Rubio's presidential ambitions and a court ruling tossing out several congressional district maps will cause upheaval among Florida's representation in Washington, including political complications for a congresswoman considered one of the state's few Democratic stars.
- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad' Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- Tim Scott rolls out town hall schedule with GOP hopefuls Updated: Jul-27-15 11:14 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's junior senator is offering voters a chance to get to know some of the Republican presidential candidates.
- As Democrats fret over 'sharing economy,' GOP moves in Updated: Jul-26-15 2:55 am
DENVER - The debate over ride-hailing firm Uber is laying bare divides in the Democratic Party and on the left about how to handle the new "sharing" economy. Republicans are hungry to exploit that ambivalence and make inroads into a wealthy sector of the tech industry.
- GOP presidential hopeful Walker signs abortion ban bill Updated: Jul-20-15 11:04 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one week after launching his bid for the 2016 presidential nomination, signed a bill Monday that outlaws non-emergency abortions at or beyond 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- Rep. Jolly running for Senate; ex-Gov. Crist eyes his seat Updated: Jul-20-15 6:31 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Florida Congressman David Jolly announced Monday that he's running for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Marco Rubio, who is running for president, and former Gov. Charlie Crist said he's eyeing Jolly's seat.
- Florida Legislature to redraw congressional lines in August Updated: Jul-20-15 6:11 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's Republican-controlled Legislature, dealing with the fallout of a sharply critical decision by the state's highest court, will hold a nearly two-week special session in August to draw up new congressional districts.
- Fierce fight looms on Ex-Im Bank as outside groups weigh in Updated: Jul-20-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is about to decide the fate of an obscure federal agency that has become improbably tangled in presidential politics and Republican Party infighting, and the billionaire Koch Brothers may end up on the losing side.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for July 21 Updated: Jul-20-15 5:05 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- GOP's Rubio cancels New Hampshire visit due to illness Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has canceled a two-day campaign swing in New Hampshire due to illness.
- GOP candidates make a pitch to evangelical voters in Iowa Updated: Jul-18-15 2:59 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential contenders seeking to woo evangelical voters are making their case for conservative social issues at a gathering expected to attract thousands of potential Iowa caucus-goers.
- Walker brings announcement tour to Iowa Updated: Jul-17-15 6:24 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker saved the most important state of his campaign for the last stop on his presidential announcement tour, arriving in Iowa on Friday for a weekend of events.
- Pitbull to Trump: 'I'm a Latino first, I support our people' Updated: Jul-17-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Pitbull is the latest star to take a bite out of Donald Trump.
- Next up for No Child Left Behind: Senate-House negotiations Updated: Jul-17-15 12:31 pm
WASHINGTON - No one thinks it'll be easy, but the House and Senate are embarking on negotiations to merge two differing education bills that would rewrite the nation's much-criticized No Child Left Behind education law.
- GOP bill would undermine auto, rail safety regulations Updated: Jul-16-15 6:45 pm
WASHINGTON - At a time of record auto recalls and high-profile train wrecks, Republicans are working on legislation to roll back safety regulation of the auto and railroad industries.
- Charleston massacre, flag debate put Haley in 2016 spotlight Updated: Jul-15-15 5:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - From her public statements of grief to removing the Confederate battle flag from outside her Statehouse office, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has drawn wide praise since the massacre of nine black churchgoers from a historic Charleston congregation.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker kicks off Nevada campaign Updated: Jul-14-15 6:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker made his first stop in Nevada as a presidential candidate on Tuesday, arguing his success implementing conservative policies in Wisconsin can be taken nationwide.