- Congressman marries doctor running for his seat Updated: May-31-16 4:01 pm
MELBOURNE BEACH, Florida - U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson has married a biotechnology entrepreneur who is running for his congressional seat at the same time he is running for the U.S. Senate.
- Trump's movement campaign needs adjustments at margins Updated: May-30-16 3:30 am
TAMPA, Florida - Donald Trump calls his presidential campaign a mass movement, but he must show he can coax enough support from voters who twice delivered the White House to Barack Obama.
- Ohio treasurer alleges governor killed online spending bill Updated: May-29-16 1:19 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio's treasurer is accusing the governor of killing a signature bill in 2014 that would have assured the future of his online database of government spending.
- Haslam wants to discuss issues, appointments with Trump Updated: May-27-16 5:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam says he wants to talk with presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump about education, health care and whom he might appoint to lead federal agencies if elected.
- Trump encourages Rubio to run again for Senate Updated: May-27-16 4:35 pm
WASHINGTON - After months of trading vicious insults, Donald Trump and Marco Rubio are suddenly making nice.
- Rubio says he will support Trump, but not campaign with him Updated: May-27-16 3:33 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Sen. Marco Rubio says he will be campaigning with Republican candidates to keep GOP control of the House and Senate.
- Donald Trump breaks with nation's only Latina governor Updated: May-27-16 3:03 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - It was a stunning rebuke - even by Donald Trump's standards - aimed at the nation's only Latina governor at a political rally in her home state of New Mexico.
- Australian party leader says some Trump views 'barking mad' Updated: May-27-16 12:20 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's opposition leader on Friday described some of the presumptive Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's views as "barking mad," breaking a longstanding Australian convention of avoiding taking sides in U.S. political contests.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday Updated: May-26-16 9:47 pm
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- New US ambassador to Mexico arrives to take up post Updated: May-26-16 7:26 pm
MEXICO CITY - Roberta Jacobson arrived to assume her new role as the United States ambassador to Mexico on Thursday, coming at a time when immigration and Mexican trade have been heated themes in the U.S. presidential campaign.
- Trump backed by US Rep. Zinke on eve of Montana rally Updated: May-25-16 6:26 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rep. Ryan Zinke on Wednesday became the most prominent Montana Republican to endorse Donald Trump - one day before the presumptive nominee for the Republican presidential nomination arrives to rally supporters in the Treasure State.
- Florida's Grayson: At least they're not calling me Hitler Updated: May-22-16 6:45 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Democrat Alan Grayson has been dubbed "Angry Alan" by his Senate opponent, compared to Republican Donald Trump for his penchant for earning headlines with his mouth and has become the whipping post for some in the Washington party establishment who hope he loses Florida's primary.
- Illinois GOP calls for unity as some tiptoe around Trump Updated: May-21-16 5:36 pm
PEORIA, Illinois - Illinois Republicans cheered calls for unity at the party's state convention on Saturday even as some top elected officials tiptoed around the name likely to top the GOP ticket: Donald Trump.
- Trying to get jump on Zika preparations with money in limbo Updated: May-21-16 10:55 am
WASHINGTON - Beg, borrow and steal: Zika preparation involves a bit of all three as federal, state and local health officials try to get a jump on the mosquito-borne virus while Congress haggles over how much money they really need.
- Florida man running for US Senate calls Obama 'animal' Updated: May-16-16 3:37 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A Florida businessman seeking to replace Marco Rubio in the U.S. Senate is standing by comments where he called President Barack Obama an "animal."
- Florida GOP Senate hopefuls have mixed feelings about Trump Updated: May-16-16 2:26 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Now that Donald Trump is the likely GOP presidential nominee, the five Republican Senate candidates hoping to share the ballot with him are expressing mixed feelings about the brash billionaire businessman and reality television star.
- Nevada GOP leaders urge unity for Trump at state convention Updated: May-14-16 10:02 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada Republican Party Chairman Michael McDonald urged delegates at the state GOP convention Saturday to put their fractured past behind them and unite behind Donald Trump's presidential campaign to keep Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton out of the White House.
- Republican activists work to reconcile Kansas party to Trump Updated: May-14-16 5:27 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republican activists in Kansas on Saturday worked to persuade the state party's conservative base to unite behind Donald Trump as the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, even as they picked a national convention delegation opposed to his candidacy.
- The Latest: Kobach in Kansas delegation to GOP convention Updated: May-14-16 4:52 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Latest on Kansas Republicans' state meeting (all times local):
- Florida GOP activists on Trump as nominee: He's not Clinton Updated: May-14-16 12:55 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The most hardcore Republican faithful in the most important swing state came together this weekend for the first time since Donald Trump became the party's presumptive presidential nominee and the reaction went largely like this: Well, he's not Hillary Clinton.
- Biden plays nice while picking sides in Florida Senate race Updated: May-12-16 6:45 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Vice President Joe Biden might be taking sides in Florida's Democratic Senate primary, but unlike Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid, he's not getting nasty about it.
- Sen. Hatch backs Trump, but says he must 'tone it down' Updated: May-12-16 3:45 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's Orrin Hatch is throwing his support behind Donald Trump but says the presumptive GOP presidential nominee needs to tone it down.
- Reid confronts fellow Democrat over ethics allegations Updated: May-11-16 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - A former boxer, Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is not one to back down from a fight - even with a fellow Democrat. Neither is Rep. Alan Grayson, the combative Florida congressman running for the Senate.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: May-11-16 5:04 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in the United States and abroad:
- Editorials from around Pennsylvania Updated: May-11-16 10:52 am
Editorials from around Pennsylvania: