- The Latest: Hillary Clinton joins those mourning Scalia Updated: Feb-13-16 8:33 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on the death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia (all times local):
- Scalia death sparks election-year fight over filling vacancy Updated: Feb-13-16 8:07 pm
WASHINGTON - Justice Antonin Scalia's death immediately sparked a heated election-year fight over whether President Barack Obama should try to fill the court vacancy. Republicans on Capitol Hill and on the campaign trail insisted the choice should fall to the next president.
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79 Updated: Feb-13-16 7:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Antonin Scalia, the influential conservative and most provocative member of the Supreme Court, has died, leaving the high court without its conservative majority and setting up an ideological confrontation over his successor in the maelstrom of a presidential election year. Scalia was 79.
- Vermont a 'Super Tuesday' state in presidential primary Updated: Feb-13-16 9:19 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - With favorite son Bernie Sanders on the ballot Vermonters will get a chance to double-dip on March 1, when the state's Super Tuesday presidential primary coincides with the annual Town Meeting Day.
- Presidential contenders fight for minority voters in SC Updated: Feb-13-16 2:57 am
DENMARK, South Carolina - The fight for black voters turned into a tug-of-war over President Barack Obama's legacy Friday as Democratic presidential hopefuls looked for an edge in South Carolina. Republicans, meanwhile, crisscrossed the state in search of a path out of Donald Trump's long shadow.
- Sen. Harry Reid calls on Grayson to drop out of Senate race Updated: Feb-12-16 5:00 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - U.S. Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid on Friday called for U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson to drop out of the race for a Senate seat in Florida, but Grayson angrily denounced the move and said he has no plans to follow Reid's suggestion.
- The Latest: Grayson refuses call to drop out of Senate race Updated: Feb-12-16 2:15 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The Latest on Sen. Harry Reid calling on Alan Grayson to drop of U.S. Senate race (all times local):
- Top Republicans stay quiet on release of their tax returns Updated: Feb-12-16 1:42 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump, Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio have failed to release their tax returns despite promises to do.
- Rubio eyes brokered convention after NH setback Updated: Feb-11-16 2:03 pm
OKATIE, South Carolina - The best hope of the Republican establishment just a week ago, Marco Rubio suddenly faces a path to his party's presidential nomination that could require a brokered national convention.
- Cruz, Santorum participating in SC discussion on race Updated: Feb-11-16 4:04 am
ROCK HILL, South Carolina - At least two of the remaining Republican presidential hopefuls are coming to South Carolina to discuss race issues.
- Senate passes bill to hit North Korea with harsher sanctions Updated: Feb-10-16 9:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Seeking to derail North Korea's drive for nuclear weapons, Republican and Democratic senators set aside their partisan differences Wednesday to unanimously pass legislation aimed at starving Pyongyang of the money it needs to build an atomic arsenal.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- Sanders buys Minnesota ad time as caucuses approach Updated: Feb-10-16 4:23 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The campaign for the presidential nomination is about to hit the airwaves in Minnesota.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- Rubio returns to South Carolina for town hall meetings Updated: Feb-10-16 3:58 am
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Marco Rubio is making a few campaign stops in South Carolina before returning to Washington for Senate votes.
- Bush, Carson, Cruz, Rubio expected for SC faith forum Updated: Feb-10-16 3:55 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Four Republican presidential hopefuls are among those expected at a discussion on faith issues in South Carolina, a week before the state's first primary election.
- AP News Guide: A big validation for Sanders, Trump Updated: Feb-10-16 3:42 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - It's getting harder to shake off Donald Trump as just a hot-air balloon and Bernie Sanders as a pie-in-the-sky political revolutionary.
- New Hampshire voters take to polls in 1st-in-nation primary Updated: Feb-09-16 1:41 pm
New Hampshire hosts the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, featuring candidates for the Republican and Democratic nomination. Of the state's 1.33 million residents, more than 870,000 residents are registered to vote. Polls started opening at 7 a.m., except for a handful of communities that begin voting just after midnight. In Dixville Notch, voters in that tiny town gave Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich two votes, Republican Donald Trump got two and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders won four votes for his Democratic bid.
- WATCHING TUESDAY: NH existential test for Trump's candidacy Updated: Feb-09-16 12:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Which candidate is "the best," who's the most experienced, who's a revolutionary and who's a robot?
- Primary puts values of retail campaigning to the test Updated: Feb-09-16 3:56 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Donald Trump upended the traditions of New Hampshire campaigning when he opted for mega-rallies over living room conversations and diner stops, spending less time in the first primary state than any of his rivals. Yet the businessman goes into the state's Tuesday primary with the hope of clinching his first win.
- Wealthy homebuilder likely to enter Florida GOP Senate race Updated: Feb-08-16 7:59 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A wealthy Manatee County homebuilder is likely to jump into Florida's U.S. Senate race in a move that would pit key members of Gov. Rick Scott's political team against Lt. Gov. Carlos Lopez-Cantera in the Republican primary.
- After Paul bows out, some Kentucky supporters go to Rubio Updated: Feb-08-16 4:26 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Less than a week after Rand Paul ended his presidential campaign, some of the Kentucky senator's top supporters in the state legislature have backed Marco Rubio ahead of the state's Republican presidential caucus next month.
- Travel fund for Kasich security tops $350K Updated: Feb-08-16 3:51 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The cost of Ohio Gov. John Kasich's security detail has skyrocketed since the Republican governor began running for president last year.
- Siena poll shows Clinton, Trump favored among NY voters Updated: Feb-08-16 10:44 am
ALBANY, New York - A new poll shows Hillary Clinton favored by registered New York Democrats while Donald Trump leads among Republicans voters in the state.