- Christie tells Fallon he might 'go nuclear' in next debate Updated: Sep-01-15 12:07 am
NEW YORK - Chris Christie says he's thinking of taking a more aggressive approach during the next Republican presidential primary debate.
- US Senator Marco Rubio to meet with Oklahoma energy leaders Updated: Aug-31-15 6:12 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is planning a visit to the Sooner State as he campaigns for the Republican nomination for president.
- Immigration shift shows India, China outpacing Mexico Updated: Aug-29-15 6:05 pm
DALLAS - Siddharth Jaganath wanted to return to India after earning his master's degree at Texas' Southern Methodist University. Instead, he built a new life in the U.S. over a decade, becoming a manager at a communications technology company and starting a family in the Dallas suburb of Plano.
- GOP Senate candidates slam Obama, "Washington Republicans" Updated: Aug-29-15 2:01 pm
TAMPA, Florida - They railed against the Obama administration's foreign policy. They scolded "Washington Republicans." And they decried the $18 trillion national debt and the dysfunction of a Congress that cannot get anything done.
- Experts say tough talk on China overlooks economic realities Updated: Aug-29-15 3:17 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - If there was ever a week for the Republican presidential candidates to talk tough on China, this was it. Spurred by the stock market's wild ride, they lashed out at the world's most populous nation.
- Rubio says strength is only way to maintain peace with China Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio says the United States must bolster its military, push for more free trade and hold China far more accountable on human rights.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.
- Tim Scott hosting Rick Perry at town hall in Columbia Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rick Perry is the latest Republican presidential candidate to take part in a town hall meeting with South Carolina's junior senator.
- Florida taxpayers pay up: June special session cost $651,000 Updated: Aug-24-15 4:17 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A messy budget fight that forced Florida's legislators to hold an unusual June special session cost taxpayers more than $651,000, according to figures released Monday by the Florida Senate.
- New Hampshire primary campaigns rely on 'super volunteers' Updated: Aug-23-15 10:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Each Saturday morning, 78-year-old Gary Patton goes door to door to talk to his neighbors about Hillary Rodham Clinton. He starts with a friendly introduction to make sure people know he's a local - not some out-of-towner who doesn't understand New Hampshire.
- For Koch group, winning is rising as priority over purity Updated: Aug-23-15 7:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The head of the Koch brothers' flagship political organization says a Republican winning the presidency is becoming a higher priority for more of its members, suggesting a rift between pragmatists and ideologues.
- Bush talks tax-cutting in speech to tea party group Updated: Aug-21-15 3:38 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is highlighting his experience cutting taxes and overhauling Florida's education system in an appeal to tea party conservatives.
- Top South Carolina prosecutor hosting presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-20-15 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor is taking part in a series of conversations with more than a dozen of the contenders seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
- Grisly killing becomes political battleground in Venezuela Updated: Aug-19-15 5:50 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The grisly slaying of a woman has become yet another political flashpoint in hyper-polarized Venezuela, with supporters and opponents of the country's socialist administration each saying the killers were working for the other side.
- GOP hopeful Scott Walker offers health plan with tax credits Updated: Aug-18-15 2:28 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - Republican presidential candidate Scott Walker on Tuesday offered an alternative to President Barack Obama's health care law that would provide tax credits and restructure Medicaid, and took a swipe at GOP rivals in Congress for their inability to repeal the law.
- 2016 hopefuls hit the gym, try to skip pie on campaign trail Updated: Aug-17-15 3:44 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scott Walker is counting steps on his FitBit. Jeb Bush swears by the Paleo diet. Bobby Jindal is a "gym rat."
- The Latest: Kerry: No change on migration rules for Cubans Updated: Aug-14-15 1:54 pm
HAVANA - The latest on ceremonies to raise the U.S. flag over the embassy in Havana after 54 years of broken diplomatic relations:
- Rep. Amodei, ex Lt. Gov. Krolicki join Jeb Bush Nevada team Updated: Aug-13-15 2:32 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush has added three big-name Nevada officials to his team in the past two days.
- AP Exclusive: Cuba dissidents won't attend US Embassy event Updated: Aug-12-15 6:48 pm
WASHINGTON - Cuban dissidents, so long the center of U.S. policy toward the island, won't be invited to Secretary of State John Kerry's historic flag-raising at the U.S. Embassy in Havana on Friday, vividly illustrating how U.S. policy is shifting focus to its single-party government. Kerry intends to meet more quietly with prominent activists later in the day, officials said.
- Rubio to address Detroit Economic Club next week Updated: Aug-12-15 5:18 pm
DETROIT - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio will address the Detroit Economic Club next week.
- Clinton to propose $350 billion college affordability plan Updated: Aug-10-15 12:16 am
WASHINGTON - Calling for a "new college compact," Hillary Rodham Clinton on Monday will unveil a $350 billion plan aimed at making college more affordable and reducing the crushing burden of student debt.
- New Hampshire voters assess GOP presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-08-15 9:28 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A trio of televised events in the past week corralled the large and unruly field of Republican presidential hopefuls but brought little clarity to a cluttered field, even in a state that for months has been lavished with attention from candidates.
- FACT CHECK: GOP candidates veer from the truth in 1st debate Updated: Aug-06-15 11:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans seeking their party's 2016 presidential nomination have the challenging task of trying to stand out among the 17 candidates in the race, and Thursday's televised debate was the first opportunity for the party to start whittling down its choices. So it's no surprise that the candidates had a vested interest in puffing up their own records as governors, senators and public figures. And some of them just got the facts wrong.
- GOP activists in swing-state Ohio keen to watch debate Updated: Aug-05-15 4:33 pm
WEST CHESTER, Ohio - For Republican activists in a party stronghold of swing-state Ohio, Thursday night's first major presidential campaign debate in Cleveland will be must-see TV as the GOP starts deciding which candidate to support, volunteer for and write checks to.
- Religion news in brief Updated: Aug-05-15 12:35 pm
Dems hit Bush after comments on funding for women's health