- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- DC GOP removes delegate who preferred Clinton to Trump Updated: May-03-16 5:08 pm
McLEAN, Virginia - A Republican convention delegate who said she might prefer Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump has been stripped of her slot, according to party officials who say she lied about her residency.
- Ex-Florida Gov. Crist's run for Congress gets a bit easier Updated: May-03-16 2:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Former Republican Gov. Charlie Crist's run for Congress as a Democrat is a little easier now that his primary opponent has dropped out of the race.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- Gender politics playing a big role for Trump, Clinton Updated: May-02-16 3:45 am
WASHINGTON - She has no stamina. She shouts. She's got nothing going for her but being a woman.
- SOUTH CHINA SEA WATCH: Will China build on disputed shoal? Updated: May-02-16 1:54 am
Tensions in the South China Sea are rising, pitting China against smaller and weaker neighbors that all lay claim to islands, coral reefs and lagoons in waters rich in fish and potential gas and oil reserves. China's recent construction of artificial islands in the Spratly archipelago, complete with airstrips and radar stations, and U.S. patrols challenging Beijing's vast territorial claims, have caused concern that the strategically important waters could become a flashpoint.
- Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates for convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Republicans on Saturday selected 27 of the state's 42 delegates to the GOP National Convention, where rivals of presidential candidate Donald Trump hope he will fail to get the required number of delegate-votes needed to win the nomination.
- Arkansas Republicans select 12 delegates to GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Republicans have met in each of the state's four congressional districts to select 12 delegates to the GOP National Convention in July.
- Texas' 155 delegates could all go to Cruz at GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 9:05 am
AUSTIN, Texas - If Ted Cruz can prevail in Indiana and keep alive his slim hope of denying Donald Trump enough delegates to secure the Republican presidential nomination outright, Texas' full slate of delegates will be poised to help him become the party's White House contender.
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.
- 'Trunks 'N Asses' game captures presidential delegate race Updated: Apr-29-16 10:57 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The race for delegates is playing out not just in presidential primaries but on a board game being developed by two New Hampshire men.
- Senate confirms Obama's pick to be ambassador to Mexico Updated: Apr-28-16 8:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate on Thursday confirmed President Barack Obama's nominee to be U.S. ambassador to Mexico, clearing the way for the first woman to hold what is considered to be one of the country's most important diplomatic posts.
- Big Bush and Rubio donors shun Cruz and Kasich, Updated: Apr-28-16 12:25 pm
WASHINGTON - It seems like a logical pairing: Republican donors who despise Donald Trump, and two GOP presidential rivals sticking it out to keep him from the nomination.
- Trump struggles to explain 'America first' foreign policy Updated: Apr-27-16 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump strained to lay out a clear vision of his "America first" foreign policy on Wednesday, vowing to substitute hard-headed realism for what he called a post-Cold War era replete with U.S. national security failures.
- Lawmaker urge more US naval operations in South China Sea Updated: Apr-27-16 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - Members of Congress urged the Obama administration on Wednesday to order more naval operations close to disputed islands in the South China Sea. The State Department said Beijing risks conflict and isolation through its assertive behavior in those waters.
- Philly cheesecake is a test for candidates, not just a lunch Updated: Apr-25-16 1:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Five-point plans, engaging speeches and star endorsements are all important in a presidential campaign, but how well do candidates REALLY know the cities and towns where they're wooing voters?
- A look at Pennsylvania's primary races for president on down Updated: Apr-24-16 10:01 am
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania voters will cast ballots in primary elections for president, Congress, state attorney general and the state Legislature.
- Fox's Sean Hannity at center of bitter campaign competition Updated: Apr-23-16 12:54 pm
NEW YORK - Sean Hannity is getting a bruising reminder that this year's presidential campaign defies traditional political rules.
- New Hispanic public affairs show debuts in Florida Updated: Apr-23-16 3:01 am
MIAMI - A new Spanish-language public affairs show directed at Hispanics in Florida debuts Sunday.
- Underdog presidential candidates spend heavily to catch up Updated: Apr-21-16 9:31 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders continued to outpace rival Hillary Clinton in fundraising - and spending - last month, new Federal Election Commission filings show.
- Florida editorial roundup Updated: Apr-20-16 1:49 pm
Recent editorials from Florida newspapers:
- Home sweet home? Trump's lone defeat in NY was in Manhattan Updated: Apr-20-16 1:27 pm
NEW YORK - Donald Trump celebrated his overwhelming home-state primary victory in the glitzy Manhattan skyscraper that bears his name, he strode onstage to tune of "New York, New York," and the Empire State Building even marked the moment by lighting its spire in shimmering Republican red.
- Sept. 11 families upset by White House effort to derail bill Updated: Apr-19-16 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Families of the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks say they are "greatly distressed" that the Obama administration is working to derail legislation giving them the right to sue the government of Saudi Arabia for any role that elements of the Saudi government may have played in the attack.
- Senators urge Obama to raise Saudi rights cases on visit Updated: Apr-19-16 10:57 am
WASHINGTON - Five senators are calling on President Barack Obama to press Saudi Arabia on human rights issues and raise the cases of two imprisoned advocates when he visits Riyadh this week.
- Carly Fiorina to headline annual Connecticut GOP dinner Updated: Apr-18-16 2:42 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former presidential candidate and business executive Carly Fiorina is scheduled to headline the Connecticut Republican Party's annual fundraising dinner.