- AP source: Rubio raises $6M over last 3 months Updated: Oct-08-15 8:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio has raised roughly $6 million over the last three months for his Republican presidential bid.
- Rubio's presidential bid boosted by secret-money commercials Updated: Oct-08-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Voters are beginning to learn about Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio.
- Jay Leno revisits 'Tonight' for monologue Updated: Oct-07-15 11:38 am
NEW YORK - For a few minutes, it felt like old times back on NBC's "Tonight" show on Tuesday night. Jay Leno was telling jokes.
- Rubio criticizes government regulation of on-demand economy Updated: Oct-06-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio vowed Tuesday to cap the number of regulations government can impose on businesses, particularly "on-demand" startups like Uber and Airbnb that he considers models for a changing national economy.
- Rubio, 2 other GOP senators seek tougher sanctions on NKorea Updated: Oct-06-15 3:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Three Republican senators, including presidential candidate Marco Rubio, are proposing new sanctions on North Korea over its nuclear weapons program and human rights abuses.
- Nevada lawmaker Jim Wheeler backs Cruz after Walker dropout Updated: Oct-06-15 12:40 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz is picking up an endorsement from a former member of Scott Walker's Nevada campaign team.
- Leaders who follow: What candidates' Twitter lists reveal Updated: Oct-05-15 2:34 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Jeb Bush follows Donald Trump on Twitter but that's a one-way street: Trump mainly follows people with a connection to himself. Ted Cruz's follow list is a big tea party, though he keeps an eye on President Barack Obama, too.
- Former Nevada Gov. Bob List endorses Marco Rubio Updated: Oct-05-15 8:17 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Gov. Bob List is endorsing Marco Rubio for president after the first candidate he backed dropped out of the race.
- Donald Trump holding campaign rally in Las Vegas next week Updated: Oct-02-15 5:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is heading to the Las Vegas Strip for a campaign rally.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Rubio, Huckabee name campaign leaders in North Carolina Updated: Oct-01-15 7:36 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - More Republican presidential hopefuls are rolling out their campaign's leading political supporters for their bids in North Carolina.
- Trump, Rubio, Bush among candidates going to state GOP event Updated: Oct-01-15 12:27 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Donald Trump, former Gov. Jeb Bush and Sen. Marco Rubio are among at least six presidential candidates that will attend a summit hosted by the Republican Party of Florida.
- Field for SC's Republican presidential primary set at 15 Updated: Sep-30-15 6:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Republican Party officials say 15 candidates have paid the $40,000 fee to be on the state GOP presidential primary ballot next year.
- Walker sees lowest approval rating ever after exiting race Updated: Sep-30-15 3:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker's approval rating reached the lowest of his time in office after he exited the presidential race last week, a new poll released Wednesday showed.
- GOP field: Tax cuts for all, don't worry about consequences Updated: Sep-30-15 3:30 am
DENVER - Republicans came into this presidential campaign with painful memories of how, in the last one, Democrats blasted Mitt Romney's tax plan as a giveaway to the rich. They've heard a new wing of conservative intellectuals urge them to focus on tax cuts to working-class Americans rather than the wealthy.
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential candidate Marco Rubio Updated: Sep-28-15 7:13 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - U.S. Rep. Chris Stewart of Utah says he's endorsing Republican candidate Marco Rubio for president.
- Republican megadonor urges talk on climate change solutions Updated: Sep-28-15 3:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican businessman Jay Faison says his party should stop fighting science and start talking solutions to climate change. He has $175 million to invest in politics and policy to help inspire them. And if that's not enough, he's commissioned a survey, released Monday, that he says shows voters agree.
- GOP religious conservatives channeling anger toward victory Updated: Sep-27-15 5:11 am
WASHINGTON - Religious activists in the Republican Party, bolstered by House Speaker John Boehner's sudden exit, say the next GOP presidential nominee must share their uncompromising stance on abortion rights, gay marriage and other priorities to get to the White House.
- Rubio to campaign in The Villages Updated: Sep-26-15 3:01 am
MIAMI - Marco Rubio is taking his Republican presidential campaign to The Villages in central Florida, an upscale retirement community whose political influence routinely draws GOP presidential candidates.
- Boehner's resignation prompts cheers among GOP's right wing Updated: Sep-26-15 2:49 am
WASHINGTON - The news of House Speaker John Boehner's resignation brought hundreds of religious conservatives to their feet to cheer - and one after another, much of the Republican Party's presidential class joined in their rejoicing.
- Rubio proposes employer tax credit for paid family leave Updated: Sep-25-15 1:37 am
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio wants to give a tax break to employers who give their workers paid family leave.
- Jeb Bush first to file for Kentucky's presidential caucus Updated: Sep-24-15 5:08 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is the first person to file for Kentucky's presidential caucus.
- Frenemies: Tense undercurrents for US-China state dinner Updated: Sep-22-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - It's never good when tension is on the dinner menu.
- Carly Fiorina set to speak with Oklahoma energy producers Updated: Sep-22-15 2:23 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Carly Fiorina is the latest Republican presidential hopeful scheduled to visit Oklahoma.
- GOP candidates scramble to win over Scott Walker supporters Updated: Sep-22-15 3:41 am
WASHINGTON - Even before Scott Walker dropped out of the race for president, his Republican rivals for the White House were chasing after the remnants of his once high-flying campaign.