- Fierce fight looms on Ex-Im Bank as outside groups weigh in Updated: Jul-20-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is about to decide the fate of an obscure federal agency that has become improbably tangled in presidential politics and Republican Party infighting, and the billionaire Koch Brothers may end up on the losing side.
- Former state senator, rancher to lead Rural Development Updated: Jul-20-15 8:41 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - President Barack Obama has appointed former North Dakota Senate minority leader Ryan Taylor to lead the state office of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Rural Development agency.
- North Dakota native nominated to be second in command of HHS Updated: Jul-10-15 8:34 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - President Barack Obama has nominated Devils Lake native Mary Wakefield to be deputy secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
- Standing Rock among 7 tribes getting federal education grant Updated: Jul-10-15 8:11 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The Standing Rock Sioux is one of seven tribes nationwide sharing a nearly $1.5 million federal grant to improve education and school governance.
- ND generals ask Congress to promote act that fights obesity Updated: Jul-09-15 6:31 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - Senior military leaders from North Dakota said Thursday that federal nutrition standards for schools should not be watered down or eliminated because they are helping to curb an obesity epidemic that is hurting the recruitment of new soldiers.