- Kobe's last, Toronto's 1st as NBA All-Star goes outside US Updated: Feb-11-16 8:21 pm
TORONTO - Of all the goodies Kobe Bryant collects in his farewell season, one this weekend might be particularly useful.
- Shaq wishes he had a farewell tour like Kobe is getting Updated: Feb-11-16 8:18 pm
TORONTO - Shaquille O'Neal has watched former teammate Kobe Bryant's farewell tour this season from afar. And even though Bryant hasn't been the consistently dynamic player he once was while playing for a Los Angeles Lakers team that is losing games by the bucketful, O'Neal couldn't help but be a little envious of the way Bryant has been able to say goodbye.
- Kobe, LeBron share court as Cavaliers beat Lakers 120-111 Updated: Feb-11-16 12:02 am
CLEVELAND - With 20,000 fans roaring, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James hugged and seemed to be in a world of their own.
- Kobe reflects on LeBron before final matchup in Cleveland Updated: Feb-10-16 9:38 pm
CLEVELAND - Kobe Bryant remembers giving a pair of his sneakers to LeBron James as a gift and offering the teenager some advice.
- Banham got Kobe's attention with 60-point game for Minnesota Updated: Feb-10-16 4:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Rachel Banham was two days removed from her 60-point performance for Minnesota when the real highlight happened.
- Impact Hack-a-Someone tactic having on NBA is growing issue Updated: Feb-10-16 3:53 pm
MIAMI - San Antonio's first play of the 2008-09 season was designed and executed perfectly. Spurs' center Tim Duncan didn't bother jumping for the opening tap, conceding it to Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal. Five seconds later, Michael Finley wrapped his arms around O'Neal for an intentional foul.
- James, Irving lead Cavaliers past Kings 120-100 Updated: Feb-08-16 11:09 pm
CLEVELAND - LeBron James came close to his 40th career triple-double several times this season.
- George's big finish leads Pacers past Lakers 89-87 Updated: Feb-08-16 10:52 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Kobe Bryant gave Indiana Pacers fans one last thrill Monday night.
- Knicks fire coach Derek Fisher; Rambis gets interim job Updated: Feb-08-16 10:01 pm
GREENBURGH, New York - Derek Fisher had just finished a long playing career when Phil Jackson picked him to coach the New York Knicks. Just 1 1/2 seasons later, Jackson decided he needed someone else.
- Chuck, Shaq, Kenny offer fresh ideas for All-Star weekend Updated: Feb-08-16 2:37 am
The Splash Brothers have turned the 3-point contest into must-see TV. Zach LaVine made the dunk contest cool again.
- Bryant's 25 points not enough to upset Spurs Updated: Feb-07-16 12:44 am
- NBA All-Star weekend: A primer on what to watch in Toronto Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
Hockey and Toronto are synonymous, with the sport's Hall of Fame being housed there and the Maple Leafs being one of the NHL's "Original Six" franchises. And sports like baseball, rugby, yachting and curling all have history in the city going back to the 19th century.
- Resurgent Kobe Bryant leads Lakers past Pelicans, 99-96 Updated: Feb-05-16 2:20 am
NEW ORLEANS - Kobe Bryant kept his right arm extended upward, his hand dangling as he held his follow-through on a 3-point shot with a minute to go.
- Kobe scores 38, Lakers beat Wolves 119-115 to end 10-gm skid Updated: Feb-03-16 2:32 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant has lifted the Los Angeles Lakers onto his shoulders countless times over the past two decades, and he rarely flinches under the weight.
- Clippers send Lakers to 9th straight loss with 105-93 win Updated: Jan-30-16 2:10 am
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers are facing another month without Blake Griffin dominating inside. His absence has created nightly auditions for whoever wants to step up.
- Bulls top Lakers 114-91 in Pau's last Staples date with Kobe Updated: Jan-29-16 2:05 am
LOS ANGELES - During seven seasons together with the Lakers, Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant formed a bond that won't be broken by separation or retirement.
- Green, Thompson picked, giving Warriors 3 NBA All-Stars Updated: Jan-29-16 1:50 am
NEW YORK - Draymond Green and Klay Thompson were picked Thursday for the Western Conference team, giving the NBA champion Golden State Warriors three All-Stars for the first time in 40 years.
- Nowitzki's late jumper propels Mavericks past Lakers, 92-90 Updated: Jan-27-16 2:17 am
LOS ANGELES - After Dirk Nowitzki arched back and released the tiebreaking jumper, he glided back into the Los Angeles Lakers' bench area.
- Spurs' quiet star Kawhi Leonard ready for Curry, Warriors Updated: Jan-24-16 3:59 pm
SAN ANTONIO - On a team that prides itself on humility, efficiency and selflessness, Kawhi Leonard is the most Spur-like of them all.
- Lillard has 36 points and Blazers beat Lakers 121-103 Updated: Jan-24-16 2:06 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - While Damian Lillard was the star of Portland's victory over the Lakers, it was Kobe Bryant's night.
- Manu scores 20, Spurs spoil Kobe's 81-pt anniversary, 108-95 Updated: Jan-23-16 1:52 am
LOS ANGELES - Before tipoff, Manu Ginobili was unaware the San Antonio Spurs were facing the Lakers on the 10th anniversary of Kobe Bryant's 81-point performance.
- Sealed with a kiss: Lowry gives fan a peck, Raptors top Heat Updated: Jan-23-16 1:07 am
TORONTO - All-Star guard Kyle Lowry came up with a new play Friday night - the peck-and-roll.
- Column: Bryant's All-Star nod bumps more deserving player Updated: Jan-22-16 5:59 pm
Kobe Bryant gets to start one more All-Star Game.
- Kobe looks back 10 years after his "mystical" 81-point game Updated: Jan-21-16 6:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant remembers exactly what he had to eat in the 24 hours before he scored 81 points against the Toronto Raptors 10 years ago Friday.
- Cousins' 36 points lead Kings past Lakers again, 112-93 Updated: Jan-21-16 2:23 am
LOS ANGELES - DeMarcus Cousins is dominating every opponent in the Sacramento Kings' path during a remarkable January run that has coach George Karl calling him the best center in basketball.