- 76ers top Lakers for 1st win of season, snap 28-game skid Updated: Dec-01-15 11:07 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Kobe Bryant breezed through the Philadelphia 76ers locker room and said to no one in particular, "keep it going, guys."
- Casey looking forward to a team uniform - in the Olympics Updated: Dec-01-15 6:20 pm
NASSAU, Bahamas - Paul Casey would love nothing better than to wear a uniform and play for the flag in 2016.
- Column: Two icons near the end, as Father Time wins again Updated: Dec-01-15 4:30 pm
One played into the final hours of the Thanksgiving weekend, laughing when a 3-pointer that would have kept his team in the game hit nothing but air.
- Luke Walton wins coach of month despite official 0-0 record Updated: Dec-01-15 3:41 pm
OAKLAND, California - Luke Walton has more NBA coach of the month awards than official wins.
- LeBron on Kobe: 'I wanted to be just like him' Updated: Dec-01-15 2:20 pm
CLEVELAND - When he was a kid, LeBron James looked up on his bedroom wall where Kobe Bryant hung in reverence.
- The longest-tenured players from the 4 major US pro sports Updated: Dec-01-15 2:16 am
Kobe Bryant has announced that this season, his 20th with the Los Angeles Lakers, will be his last. Bryant is the first NBA player to spend that many years with one franchise, though it's not completely uncommon across the other pro sports in the United States.
- Gasol gets double-double as Bulls beat Spurs 92-89 Updated: Nov-30-15 11:27 pm
CHICAGO - Pau Gasol punctuated his big block on LaMarcus Aldridge with a triumphant yell.
- Raptors' DeMar DeRozan grew up emulating Kobe Updated: Nov-30-15 12:33 pm
TORONTO - DeMar DeRozan was 16 when he was invited to Kobe Bryant's camp for the top 25 American high school shooting guards.
- Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of season Updated: Nov-30-15 2:50 am
LOS ANGELES - After 20 years in a Lakers uniform and a lifetime in basketball, Kobe Bryant determined that his aching body and his passion for the game had both grown weaker than his excitement about the future.
- Kobe scores 13 after announcement, but Pacers beat Lakers Updated: Nov-30-15 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant drained a 3-pointer with 11 seconds left in a one-point game, and the Lakers' crowd roared with a mix of excitement and nostalgia for the transcendent moments of its beloved star's now-finite career.
- Blazers hand Lakers 5th straight loss with 108-96 win Updated: Nov-29-15 1:45 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Damian Lillard says part of his job is recognizing when a teammate is hot. CJ McCollum certainly was against the Lakers.
- Topeka promoters seek new audience Updated: Nov-27-15 12:15 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The brief encounter happened some 20 years ago, but it remains fresh in Larry Farmer's mind today.
- Warriors want more after making NBA history with 16-0 start Updated: Nov-25-15 9:26 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though he hasn't been in his usual spot on the bench, ailing coach Steve Kerr has contributed plenty to Golden State's record start.
- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Interim coach Luke Walton believes the time will come when the Golden State Warriors finally lose a game.
- Lillard, McCollum lead Blazers past Lakers, 107-93 Updated: Nov-23-15 12:53 am
LOS ANGELES - Damian Lillard saw potential in the Los Angeles Lakers' talented young guards. The Portland star guard also demonstrated just how far D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson have got to go to catch up with the Trail Blazers' brilliant young backcourt.
- DeRozan, Raptors beat Clippers 91-80 Updated: Nov-22-15 7:45 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Toronto Raptors shut down Blake Griffin and Chris Paul, and then had enough to hold off the Los Angeles Clippers at the very end.
- Lowry scores 25, Raptors hang on to beat Lakers 102-91 Updated: Nov-21-15 1:21 am
- Knight's triple-double lifts Suns to 120-101 win over Lakers Updated: Nov-17-15 12:16 am
PHOENIX - Brandon Knight secured his first career triple-double in fitting fashion Monday, corralling a long rebound well beyond the 3-point line with under five minutes to go.
- Kobe, Clarkson lead Lakers past Pistons 97-85 for 2nd win Updated: Nov-16-15 1:51 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant's entire 37-year-old body is aching for an ice bath and a day off just 10 games into his 20th NBA season.
- Pachulia's double-double lifts Mavericks over Lakers 90-82 Updated: Nov-14-15 12:41 am
DALLAS - Zaza Pachulia was the Dallas Mavericks' contingency option when free agent DeAndre Jordan signed with the Los Angeles Clippers over the summer.
- Column: Rebuild a daunting task for Braves, Lakers, others Updated: Nov-13-15 7:44 pm
ATLANTA - Two years ago, the Atlanta Braves won 96 games and a division championship.
- Vucevic hits game-winner as Magic beat Lakers 101-99 Updated: Nov-11-15 10:49 pm
- Lakers to honor 3 men who helped stop attempted train attack Updated: Nov-11-15 9:27 pm
LOS ANGELES - The three men who helped stop an attempted terror attack on a train in Europe will be honored by the Los Angeles Lakers this weekend.
- Bosh scores season-high 30, Heat top Lakers 101-88 Updated: Nov-10-15 11:41 pm
MIAMI - Moments after the game was over, Dwyane Wade and his son Zaire walked to midcourt to meet Kobe Bryant for some hugs, handshakes and photos.
- Kobe Bryant sits out Lakers game at Miami with sore back Updated: Nov-10-15 11:28 pm
MIAMI - A sore back kept Kobe Bryant out of the Los Angeles Lakers' lineup on Tuesday for the first game that the 20-year veteran dogged by injuries in recent years missed this season.