- Athletics promote Billy Beane, David Forst in front office Updated: Oct-05-15 6:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Oakland Athletics wanted to make sure they could keep David Forst in the front office after other clubs sought to hire him, so they promoted him to general manager Monday and elevated Billy Beane to executive vice president of baseball operations.
- After years of declines, MLB offense perks up in 2nd half Updated: Oct-01-15 3:23 pm
NEW YORK - As fresh-faced rookies cleared fences right along with the reliable sluggers into late September, hitters perked up in the second half this season and stopped an eight-year slide in the big league batting average.
- Barry Zito is content after A's 8-7 win over Angels Updated: Oct-01-15 12:41 am
ANAHEIM, California - Barry Zito's big league career began 15 years ago with a win over the Angels in Oakland. It might have ended Wednesday with four innings against the Angels in the waning days of a losing season.
- Heston wins 1st game in 2 months as Giants beats A's 5-4 Updated: Sep-27-15 8:12 pm
OAKLAND, California - Following Chris Heston's first win in two months, the San Francisco Giants enter the final week of the regular season with a slight chance to reach the playoffs.
- Gray wins for A's, helps eliminate Giants from wild card Updated: Sep-26-15 2:14 am
OAKLAND, California - Now, it's staff ace Sonny Gray who might be hurt for the Oakland Athletics.
- Hamels sharp as Rangers complete sweep of A's 8-1 Updated: Sep-24-15 8:01 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Texas Rangers have given Cole Hamels plenty of run support since acquiring him in a trade from Philadelphia in late July.
- Tim Hudson and Barry Zito facing off will happen Saturday Updated: Sep-23-15 3:31 am
OAKLAND, California - Barry Zito had returned home from a minor league season ready to turn his attention from baseball to his other love, music, perhaps for good.
- Zito in majors for 1st time since '13 as A's fall to Astros Updated: Sep-20-15 6:45 pm
HOUSTON - Barry Zito was thrilled to be back on a major league mound on Sunday, even if the results weren't quite what he'd hoped for.
- Rasmus homers twice, Springer connects, Astros top Athletics Updated: Sep-20-15 6:24 pm
HOUSTON - Houston manager A.J. Hinch isn't surprised that his team shook off a terrible road trip by taking a series against Oakland with a 5-1 victory on Sunday.
- Valencia's 2 homers lead A's over fading Astros 4-3 Updated: Sep-19-15 1:01 am
HOUSTON - Danny Valencia has a knack for big hits against the Houston Astros.
- Butler homers in ninth to give A's 4-2 win over White Sox Updated: Sep-17-15 6:45 pm
CHICAGO - Billy Butler's ninth-inning drive cleared the right-field wall and Avisail Garcia's glove - barely.
- Zito rejoins the A's in 'storybook ending' Updated: Sep-16-15 8:33 pm
CHICAGO - Although he made no official announcement, Barry Zito believed his playing career had concluded with the end of the minor league season earlier this month.
- A's Chavez has non-displaced rib fracture, out for season Updated: Sep-15-15 6:54 pm
CHICAGO - Oakland Athletics right-hander Jesse Chavez has a non-displaced rib fracture on the right side and will miss the remainder of the season.
- Nolin gets 1st win; Canha, Valencia power A's past Rangers Updated: Sep-13-15 3:01 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Sean Nolin hardly had the look of an inexperienced pitcher making his third career start.
- Astros hit 4 homers, McHugh wins 16th in 11-5 win over A's Updated: Sep-10-15 2:04 am
OAKLAND, California - Collin McHugh earned his 16th win of the season and the Houston Astros hit four home runs to beat the Oakland Athletics 11-5 Wednesday night, avoiding a series sweep.
- A's reward manager Bob Melvin with 2-year contract extension Updated: Sep-09-15 7:54 pm
OAKLAND, California - Bob Melvin knows new contracts are rare in losing seasons, so he is cherishing Oakland's commitment to him as a long-term leader of the organization.
- Stephen Vogt rejoins A's 3 days after scary groin injury Updated: Sep-09-15 7:29 pm
OAKLAND, California - Catcher Stephen Vogt has taken too many foul tips to count, but this one to the groin was his worst ever.