- Pujols hits 573rd career homer, but Angels fall to A's Updated: Jun-25-16 2:45 am
ANAHEIM, California - Not even Albert Pujols' milestone homer could stop the Los Angeles Angels' losing streak.
- Gennett, Nieuwenhuis homer as Brewers beat Athletics 4-2 Updated: Jun-22-16 8:03 pm
OAKLAND, California - The Milwaukee Brewers finished their long California road trip with a close win after coming up short several times in the late innings with missed opportunities or mistakes.
- A's rookie Mengden strikes out nine, still no first MLB win Updated: Jun-22-16 7:59 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sure, Oakland manager Bob Melvin and pitching coach Curt Young will reassure rookie pitcher Daniel Mengden he is doing just fine, even without a win to show for it yet.
- Surkamp pitches better, but A's struggle against Weaver Updated: Jun-19-16 7:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - Erik Surkamp and Liam Hendriks gave the Athletics bullpen a well-deserved day off. On a day the Oakland offense was virtually non-existent, a couple of pitchers with ballooned-sized ERAs pitched like aces.
- Tim Lincecum embraces a second chance with new Angels team Updated: Jun-17-16 9:45 pm
OAKLAND, California - A white cap on backward, Tim Lincecum stopped to pet the bomb-sniffing dogs in the parking lot before greeting the workers at the security entrance who warmly welcomed him back to the Oakland Coliseum.
- Colby Lewis loses no-hit bid in 9th, Rangers beat A's Updated: Jun-16-16 7:31 pm
OAKLAND, California - When the ball left Max Muncy's bat leading off the ninth inning, Colby Lewis thought it was another fly that would move him one out closer to a no-hitter.
- Suzuki's milestone raises familiar questions about context Updated: Jun-16-16 6:52 pm
When Japanese slugger Sadaharu Oh hit his 756th home run back in 1977, the reaction in the U.S. was predictably mild.
- Bean speaks, A's go silent as MLB honors Orlando victims Updated: Jun-14-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Billy Bean spoke hopefully in Washington, the Oakland Athletics eschewed a traditional first pitch for a silent tribute and stadium flag poles featured the gay pride rainbow alongside the stars and stripes.
- Semien, Smolinski lead A's past Reds 6-1 to snap 7-game skid Updated: Jun-12-16 5:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Somebody commented to Oakland manager Bob Melvin about the loud music playing in the clubhouse after his team's 6-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds.
- Anderson, Gennett lead Brewers to 4-0 win over Athletics Updated: Jun-09-16 12:34 am
MILWAUKEE - It was Chase Anderson's turn against the short-handed Oakland Athletics, and he won, too.
- Gattis, Gomez, Correa help Astros sweep Athletics 5-2 Updated: Jun-05-16 6:36 pm
HOUSTON - Early this season when the Houston Astros got down early it seemed like an insurmountable task to come back and win.
- Valencia, Vogt pace A's over Twins for 4th straight win Updated: Jun-01-16 2:08 am
OAKLAND, California - Danny Valencia opened May on the disabled list. He closed it as one of the hottest hitters in baseball.