- Springer sparks Astros to 8-5 win over Diamondbacks Updated: May-31-16 7:47 pm
PHOENIX - George Springer has taken to the leadoff role these past eight games, lashing singles, homers, finding ways to get on base.
- Escobar struggles in Arizona's 8-3 loss to Houston Updated: May-30-16 8:35 pm
PHOENIX - Edwin Escobar struggled in his first trip to the big leagues in two seasons. The Arizona Diamondbacks saw a glimmer of hope in his setback.
- Springer homers twice as Astros beat Orioles 4-2 Updated: May-27-16 12:55 am
HOUSTON - With his team having already set the major league record for strikeouts in a three-game series, adding more to the pile was the last thing on Houston Astros reliever Ken Giles' mind.
- White Sox edge Astros, 2-1; Sale dominates, moves to 9-0 Updated: May-19-16 11:52 pm
CHICAGO - White Sox ace Chris Sale is on a historic roll, but that's not the scary news for opponents.
- Poor OF play leads to Astros' loss; 10-9 to Red Sox Updated: May-15-16 7:04 pm
BOSTON - The Houston Astros certainly know they better turn things around soon after their second straight tough loss.
- Bogaerts hits 3-run HR; Red Sox rally past Astros, 10-9 Updated: May-15-16 6:28 pm
BOSTON - The Boston Red Sox hardly needed the help Houston's outfielders gave them with the offensive week they put up.
- Gonzalez's homer lifts Astros over Indians 5-3 in 16 innings Updated: May-11-16 8:45 pm
HOUSTON - As inning after inning went by and Wednesday's game against the Cleveland Indians stretched into the 16th, Houston manager A.J. Hinch couldn't stop thinking about how the Astros could have avoided this marathon if they hadn't squandered early opportunities.
- McHugh, White help Astros over Mariners 5-1 Updated: May-08-16 6:41 pm
HOUSTON - Rookie Tyler White hit five home runs in his first 15 games before falling into a slump that he's just starting to break out of, collecting two hits in each of the past two games.
- Castro homers, drives in 4 to help Astros rout Twins 16-4 Updated: May-05-16 1:10 am
HOUSTON - About a week ago Jason Castro was struggling at the plate, batting a paltry .114 and searching for answers to end his woes.