- Moulton says he'll support Iran deal as 'best viable option' Updated: Aug-01-15 4:22 pm
SALEM, Massachusetts - U.S. Rep. Seth Moulton is among a handful of Congressional Democrats announcing their support for a nuclear deal with Iran since meeting with President Barack Obama this past week.
- Four years in, consumer protection agency has plenty to do Updated: Jul-31-15 10:59 am
The nation's youngest government agency recently celebrated its four-year anniversary, and it's still got plenty to do.
- Protesters rallying against Boston-area pipeline project Updated: Jul-26-15 9:43 am
BOSTON - Protesters opposing the construction of a natural gas pipeline are planning to form a human chain along the pipe's planned route.
- Sen. Warren: GOP candidates too slow to denounce Trump Updated: Jul-20-15 1:34 pm
BOSTON - U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren is faulting Republican leaders for failing to denounce Donald Trump as severely for his comments about Mexican immigrants as they have for his criticism of Sen. John McCain.
- Warren urges 2016 candidates to fight 'revolving door' Updated: Jul-17-15 10:26 pm
PHOENIX - Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren on Friday pressed the 2016 presidential contenders to curb the influence of Wall Street banks, as she seeks to leave her imprint on the agenda of Hillary Rodham Clinton and rest of the Democratic field.
- Next up for No Child Left Behind: Senate-House negotiations Updated: Jul-17-15 12:31 pm
WASHINGTON - No one thinks it'll be easy, but the House and Senate are embarking on negotiations to merge two differing education bills that would rewrite the nation's much-criticized No Child Left Behind education law.
- Yellen: Higher rates won't derail recovery Updated: Jul-16-15 5:23 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen sought to reassure worried lawmakers on Thursday that when the Fed begins to raise interest rates, it will be careful not to derail the economy.
- Senate OKs revised No Child education law, compromise needed Updated: Jul-16-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - More than a decade after No Child Left Behind established a stronger federal role in public education, the Senate on Thursday approved a rewrite of the much-criticized education law that would return much of that power to the states.
- Massachusetts members of Congress hail Iran nuclear accord Updated: Jul-14-15 4:00 pm
BOSTON - Members of Massachusetts all-Democratic congressional delegation are hailing a deal struck between the U.S. and other world powers and Iran.
- US Sens. Warren, Markey: Ease medicinal marijuana research Updated: Jul-13-15 4:10 pm
BOSTON - Sens. Elizabeth Warren and Edward Markey are urging federal regulators to make it easier for researchers to investigate the medicinal use of marijuana.