- Florida's 2 main parties turn in names for March primary Updated: Nov-30-15 11:55 am
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida's two main political parties are turning in the names of the candidates that will appear on the March primary ballot.
- O'Malley, Rubio, Christie to campaign in New Hampshire Updated: Nov-30-15 4:01 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Presidential campaigning is back in full post-Thanksgiving swing in New Hampshire, with former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie heading to the state for events.
- Clinton vows hundreds of billions for infrastructure, jobs Updated: Nov-29-15 8:48 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Hillary Rodham Clinton unveiled the first piece of a new jobs agenda on Sunday, promising hundreds of billions of dollars in fresh federal spending in an effort to compete with the liberal economic policies of her primary challengers.
- Clinton, Sanders, O'Malley head to New Hampshire Updated: Nov-29-15 8:30 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - All three Democratic presidential candidates are seeking to woo more than 1,000 New Hampshire Democrats at the state party's annual dinner.
- Presidential contenders differ sharply on climate, Updated: Nov-27-15 2:50 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders calls climate change the greatest threat to national security. Front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton promises to install more than 500 million solar panels across the country.
- Since '01, Clintons collected $35M from financial businesses Updated: Nov-24-15 4:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton wants voters to know she is no friend of Wall Street. But Wall Street has frequently been a friend to her.
- AP FACT CHECK: Most GOP candidates flunk climate science Updated: Nov-22-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - When it comes to climate science, two of the three Democratic presidential candidates are A students, while most of the Republican contenders are flunking, according to a panel of scientists who reviewed candidates' comments.
- Iowa mayor's support of Syrian refugees stirs community Updated: Nov-22-15 9:25 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - The mayor of the small eastern Iowa city of Swisher announced recently he would defy state orders to halt the acceptance of Syrian refugees, gaining plenty of attention as well as concerns from some local residents who say they're unsure what to think about the sudden spotlight on their community.
- Democratic hopefuls participate in North Charleston rally Updated: Nov-21-15 7:01 am
NORTH CHARLESTON, South Carolina - All three Democratic presidential candidates are in North Charleston this weekend for a rally being put on by the state party.
- Iowa Republican party cancels plan to host minority forum Updated: Nov-20-15 6:33 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Republican Party of Iowa has canceled its plan to host a forum featuring presidential candidates that would have focused on minority communities.
- Sanders appears at town hall meeting hosted by Sen. Kimpson Updated: Nov-20-15 4:02 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is returning to South Carolina for a town hall with one of the state's legislators.
- O'Malley holding fundraiser in Arkansas in December Updated: Nov-19-15 11:59 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Democratic presidential hopeful Martin O'Malley is holding a fundraiser in Arkansas next month, visiting rival Hillary Rodham Clinton's adopted home turf.
- Editorial Roundup: Excerpts from recent editorials Updated: Nov-18-15 6:26 pm
Excerpts from recent editorials in newspapers in the United States and abroad:
- 17 candidates on Michigan's presidential primary list Updated: Nov-18-15 5:07 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Fourteen Republicans and three Democrats are on Michigan's list of presidential candidates for the March 8 primary election.
- Arkansas' superdelegates plan to back Clinton next year Updated: Nov-13-15 3:44 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Hillary Rodham Clinton can once again count on her adopted home turf of Arkansas for support in her White House bid next year, with all of the state's Democratic superdelegates saying they plan to support her.
- AP: Illinois Democratic superdelegates lining up for Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 2:31 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Illinois superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention next summer appear to be lining up behind Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.
- Clinton earning superdelegate support in New Jersey Updated: Nov-13-15 2:28 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Hillary Clinton has more support from New Jersey's superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention than any other party candidate for president.
- AP survey: Most Michigan superdelegates back Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 1:02 pm
DETROIT - Most of Michigan's superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention are backing Hillary Rodham Clinton.
- Sanders behind among Democratic insiders in home state Updated: Nov-13-15 12:39 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Bernie Sanders does not appear to be winning favorite son status among Democratic insiders in his home state.
- Connecticut Democratic delegates overwhelmingly back Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 12:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton is the overwhelming favorite so far among Democratic insiders in Connecticut.
- 10 of Oregon's 13 superdelegates uncommitted; 3 back Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 12:29 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Ten of the 13 "superdelegates" that Oregon will send to next year's Democratic National Convention are so far remaining uncommitted to any of the presidential candidates.
- Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa superdelegates support Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 12:15 pm
HONOLULU - Hillary Rodham Clinton has secured the support of many Democratic Party leaders in Hawaii and U.S. Pacific island territories as she pursues her party's nomination for president.
- Half of Utah's Democratic superdelegates backing Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 12:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Half of Utah's four superdelegates to the Democratic National Convention are already lining up to back Hillary Rodham Clinton in the Democratic presidential race.
- California Democrats line up to support Clinton Updated: Nov-13-15 11:53 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Power players within the California Democratic Party are already lining up behind former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton for the party's presidential nomination next year, more than half a year ahead of the party convention to officially choose a nominee, a survey by The Associated Press finds.
- Most Alaska superdelegates undecided on candidate pick Updated: Nov-13-15 11:45 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Three of the Alaska delegates free to support whomever they want as the Democrats' nominee for president say they still haven't made up their mind. The fourth has a preferred candidate, but isn't sharing yet.